Can't pay upkeep at guild housing portal anymore?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Hexalobular, May 7, 2013.

1. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Surely we used to be able to pay the upkeep and port to housing from the guild housing portal if the upkeep was due? Now there's a popup that says "Upkeep is due on this house. You must pay it before you can enter." but no option to pay and if I click "Ok" I get a message saying "You must be in a city zone to get access to your houses!"
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Hm, I'd recommend submitting a ticket to the gm's to see if they can help you with your house payment issues.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Thanks, I /bugged it, it's only an inconvenience though it's likely to happen again every few weeks unless I get so tired of it that I start paying my upkeep in advance.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. It's not limited to Hexalobular. I can't pay my rent from the housing portal. I can't pay my rent any other way than to drag my toon to the front door of my house to pay. This change occurred when GU66 went live.

It's quite annoying. I will /bug it as well.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Morg Well-Known Member

Hi TSR-Alex, This is happening to EVERYONE that I can tell so far. You go to pay up keep from the guild hall housing portal and it tells you that "You must be in the City Zone to Pay Upkeep!". Quite annoying and can be dangerous if you don't want to account hop to get your good guy online to go pay upkeep at a qeynos house.

I have /bugged it, I think 3 times on 3 different characters across 2 accounts.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Morg thanks for the info. It's in my report and I'll be more than happy to run a follow up.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Morg Well-Known Member

Thank you Alex :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

No problem Morg :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Is there any more info on this problem? I have also had houses I KNOW had weeks left of rent paid all of a sudden need the rent paid. In my case, it was just an inconvenience to walk out the hall door and pay her rent, but that's not the case with my Freeport babies :p As I have no proof of when she last paid up her rent, I did not petition it, but this guild portal bug needs some attention. Pretty please? With cheeses and Jum jum pies?
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Caela Well-Known Member

This is still happening. Most of my toons are paid up for a long while, but I had one that needed paying today and it would not let me from the guild hall portal.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Just posting to point out that you don't have to go to the house to pay, just be in any city and you can now not only pay but enter the house from the housing tab of the character window. This works from the Antonica and Commonlands docks also.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Morg Well-Known Member

Is this for houses you own? Or for houses you are a trustee of? Or both? I've just been logging in the owner of the home to pay upkeep.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. daicia Well-Known Member

I am still having this issue on houses I own and alt houses I have set myself to Trustee access: using the housing portal from the guild hall, I can not pay rent and enter--to be extra clear I can not pay rent on my own homes or on the alt houses. I seriously hope this is a bug they are working on.It would be nice to hear what's going on from a dev or community manager on this issue.

While I like that the added access from the Character sheet from cities, I will still use the guild housing portal most often. I bounce to and from the hall and various houses, grabbing things here and there very often. I may miss a rent payment when I take a break from working on a house, which means logging in the character that owns the house--given the current bug (can't even pay rent on a house I own from the hall) it means zoning out of the hall (where most of my characters end up logged off) and either going to the door or using the character's house list to do so. What happens if a decorator is working on the project for someone who gave them trustee access and that person is away from game for a few days? It stalls everything even more in those cases.
  14. Lempo Well-Known Member

This was one of their famous ninja changes that served no purpose other than to irritate the players.
    There was no need for this change, it did nothing good at all.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. daicia Well-Known Member

I doubt it's a ninja change. When I asked in the Homeshow chat channel in game, people reported differing degrees of access/difficulty. I for one will submit bug reports periodically (weekly maybe?) until it's fixed or they announce that my guild doesn't need to pay for the portal to guild housing (since it doesn't work as it did previously). I have to wonder if the way they are getting bug reports couldn't confuse the situation. I had to look up the official name of the amenity to make it make better sense when I described the problem, since we now have (prestige) housing portals that can be placed. If anyone else plans to bug it, the guild hall amenity is called Portal to Housing. Maybe if more report it, it will be addressed here or in the update notes when it's fixed.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

hmm- i thought it was just me. now i know other people are having the problem too.
  17. Gudum Active Member

I have also had this problem, both with a guild hall housing portal and while trying to exit from a tax-free house to another house.

The standard work-around, that works with your own houses, as well as any you have trustee access to, is to use the housing portal to bring up the rent-due window, then leave that window on-screen while you travel to any city zone (exit guild hall by the door, zone to any available house and exit to the city, etc). Once you are in a city, the rent-payment process will operate properly.

Really is a nuisance, and sure hope it gets fixed soon.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

Except if you're a low level evil toon exiting a T1 Qeynos guild hall you probably won't live long enough to pay any rent ...
  19. Morg Well-Known Member

You also can pay rent on any houses you are a trustee of, like your alts. Only houses you own.
  20. daicia Well-Known Member

I tried this on a different character today. She can't use the guild hall Portal to Housing to pay rent on her homes OR homes she has trustee access on--all of which are my alts. I'm going to run through as many as I have that have multiple homes and trustee access on my alts homes, to verify that this is not a per-character bug, but a general bug or an account bug. Who's with me? We need to get this reported well so they can fix it. /rallies decorators