Can't pay upkeep at guild housing portal anymore?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Hexalobular, May 7, 2013.

1. Morg Well-Known Member

Don't bother Daicia, it effects every single Character. It went live with gu66. Not sure why except maybe as part of their New SC player created and sold housing which hasn't made it live yet.

If this is in fact deliberate and not a "bug" then we should get all monies in game paid back to the guild hall for the upkeep of this NON WORKING amenity and it should be removed from game and from the amenity list.

If it is A BUG, then PLEASE for the love of all Norrathian gods, FIX IT!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Caela Well-Known Member

Let's not go that far! When the amenity was first introduced we couldn't pay rent through it. That functionality came later. It's still useful to be able to get to your house from the guild hall.

Better would be able to get to your house from the character sheet while in a guild hall - then the amenity wouldn't be needed at all.

But as long as the amenity is the only way to get to our house from a guild hall, it's needed.

I do believe it was a deliberate change in the mechanic - and not a bug. And I'm not happy about it. I really do wish they would change it back so that we can pay rent through the guild hall housing portal.
  3. daicia Well-Known Member

I'm still seeing this issue after the major update last week and it's still not been clarified if it is a bug or an intended change. Someone brought up the idea that it could be linked to UI mods. I'm currently Profit UI. Is anyone else having this with that UI or another? I'll try loading the standard UI (/shudder) and test it again, but I thought I'd toss the idea out there in advance.
  4. Morg Well-Known Member

Daicia,

It is affecting 100% of the playerbase across all UI's.

I use the standard UI

No need to re-do your UI - IT ISN'T YOU OR YOUR UI!!!

@ Caela

Or they could add the ability to enter / pay rent on homes YOU HAVE TRUSTEE status at in the new housing UI window and porting ability
  5. Morg Well-Known Member

Any word on when this will get fixed if it's a bug?

Any word on if this is intended?

Any answer would be appreciated.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Still an issue, but currently you can be in any city zone and pay rent or visit any one of your homes and it doesn't have to be the city of your alignment or where the home is located.
    So until its 'fixed' or its decided its intended, step out of the guildhall for a minute and pay rent
  7. Sambril Well-Known Member

You can also pay upkeep on your home from the Housing & Leaderboard screen from anywhere, including inside a guild hall. This doesn't work for other toons' homes though. You can use the same screen to access one of your homes, but that must be from in a city zone (or Commonlands or Antonica).
  8. daicia Well-Known Member

I understand the work arounds and that we can pay rent on homes we own, but we are missing the ability to pay rent on homes we have Trustee access on, which is very frustrating, given the fact the the Portal to Housing from the guild hall allowed for that before. It's a real nuisance when working on an alt's home or to have to zone out of the hall, then pay rent, then zone into the house, when we could pay rent after making items in the hall and just zone right into the house from the hall. If I'm working on a house for a friend (who gave me Trustee access) that is not of my alignment and the person gets behind on rent and is away for a few days, then it stalls things. It's not uncommon amongst the decorators I know to bounce from one place to another to grab an item or to work on more than one project at once. I know I have one character for each class; I'll be darned if I can remember which ones have their rent up to date and it's tiresome to cycle through them to do so, when my decorator has Trustee access to all of those homes. Add in multiple projects and oy vey. Please, someone from the EQ2 team, let us know if this is a bug or not at the very least, otherwise, I'll just keep reporting it. I'm more annoyed that we've had crickets about this issue than anything esle at this point.
  9. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, I have made sure this has been reported. I'll keep you posted once I get more info.
  10. daicia Well-Known Member

/hugs TSR-AlexS
  11. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

/hugs Dacia
  12. daicia Well-Known Member

While the bug preventing me from paying rent for my own homes/zoning from the hall seems to have been corrected, it's still not working for homes on which I have trustee access--both for alts and for the homes of my friends--at the Portal to Housing amentiy in the guild hall. Any word on this part of the issue, TSR-AlexS?
  13. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Negative Daicia. Going to need to let the appropriate team know there's still some issues going on. Mind taking a screenshot or video of it? I'll refer them back to this post.
  14. Tierisch Well-Known Member

15. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Glad you were able to resolve your problem. Please let us know if you have any more issues :)
  16. Morg Well-Known Member

What is solved? because this is still ongoing and definitely NOT solved lol.

Thank you for reporting this for us Alex!! We appreciate it very much!
  17. daicia Well-Known Member

I wasn't having problems last night (so no screen shots) by it seemed the original bug didn't affect all accounts when we discussed it in the Homeshow channel in-game. I will say that for me this seems to have been fixed in stages. I was able to pay my own rent and use the Portal to Hpusing one day and the next time I logged in I could pay for houses I had Trustee access and do the same. I wish I could say which day/s I saw a difference, but it's been busy IRL.

Morg, I'd keep reporting it. I'll keep checking it periodically in case it get-unfixed for me too. I hope this is resolved for everyone soon.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

I just got round to testing this again and nothing has changed here for me. If I select a trustee house that I know isn't paid I get the 'Rent needs paying' popup, When I click 'ok' the popup goes away and I get the 'must be in a city zone' nonsense in my chat window. I'd really like this fixed. I have rent due on houses all over Norrath tomorrow. I'd really like to be able to take care of it in 10 minutes from 1 toon standing in the guild hall rather than have to spend 2 hours relogging toons, zoning repeatedly and recovering the crash to desktops that that amount of zoning is going to cause.

This broke with GU66. We've just had GU67 and not only has it not been fixed yet it hasn't even been acknowledged as an issue by the dev team. :(
  19. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

No new info yet guys. Re-reporting it and will update the thread once i get more information about it.
  20. daicia Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping this on the radar and reporting it for us, TSR-AlexS. :)