Cannot join voice channels.

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-Mattax, Jun 2, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

arrog wrote:
    Can you verify that this has actually been happening for "weeks now"? I didn't log in over the weekend due to RL things going on but my guild didn't see any of these new symptoms prior to at least Saturday, possibly Sunday. I was on last Friday (6/8/2012) and it was working fine*.
    Are you sure that because of how annoying the issue is it doesn't just SEEM like it's been going on for weeks when it actually just started on Saturday or Sunday?
    I'm asking because knowing when the issue started can help narrow down the troubleshooting. If they changed something on Sunday and rebooted, but find out that this problem was happening BEFORE the change, then that pretty much rules out the change as the cause.
    ( * When I say it was working "fine" that means that it only had the standard bugs that have been happening for ages.)
  2. ARCHIVED-Nyloor Guest

So, both my guilds were down last night for chat.
    In an attempt to gather data:
    Internet for the lot of people was: Rodgers cable, Comcast Cable, Verizon Fiber, Qwest T1 and DSL, Clearwire, and one guy playing on T-Mobile 4G
    Routers/Modems were: Motorola, Dlink, Netgear, Cisco, an HTC Phone, etc.
    In short, Houston, you have a problem.
  3. ARCHIVED-arrog Guest

I went back in my logs to Thursday May 31st. This is part of the log...conflict message is not seen by the user in game...I had not seen it until just now. Guild voice session came up..officer did not.
    You can see it had already been going on for a bit...we had been creating group chats and raid chats to hobble along. The Guild Officer chat should have come up but only the Guild chat did.
    I edited out some numbers...I don't know what they are so I dont want to make them public just in case
    [Thu May 31 08:50:02 2012] You have a new voice channel available: \aCMD vcjoin_session confctl-XXXX@e2p.vivox.com:<Guild Officers>\/a
    [Thu May 31 08:50:02 2012] You have a new voice channel available: \aCMD vcjoin_session confctl-XXXX@e2p.vivox.com:<Guild>\/a
    [Thu May 31 08:50:03 2012] You have a new voice channel available: \aCMD vcjoin_session confctl-XXXXXXXX@e2p.vivox.com:Loegroup\/a
    [Thu May 31 08:50:04 2012] You have a new voice channel available: \aCMD vcjoin_session confctl-XXXXXXXX@e2p.vivox.com:Loeraid\/a
    [Thu May 31 08:50:09 2012] You have joined voice channel '<Guild>'.

Again, its been weeks (at least) ...inconsistent as far as how bad its been but consistently a pain.

Arrog
  4. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Hmm. That points to something even more insidious then. This didn't hit our guild until late last week. Prior to that, we had never seen this problem. Then all of a sudden, it hit the whole guild. That makes it seem as though this may be server or channel specific.
    I wonder if vivox has some servers that are acting funky in certain areas of the country/world and if the channel starts up on one of those servers, it has these issues. Could explain why SOE can't recreate it if the servers near them are working fine. But not knowing the ins and outs of how the whole thing is configured and put together, I'm just stabbing in the dark of course. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-babygirl56 Guest

TSR-AlexS wrote:
    "Hello my friends! After numerous tests, we were not able to successfully reproduce this issue."
    Why does this really not surprise me? Its almost like they are "fishing" to find something "client-side" (ie; we, the customer, are obviously doing something wrong).
    This simply ignores the Reality of the issue being World-wide, with many different PC platforms, many different Operating Systems, many different ISP providers, many different modem/router combinations...all having similar problems.
    If one person told me the sky was falling, I could safely ignore him...but if 50 people around the World told me the sky was falling, I'd go look outside and check...
    Oddly enough, TeamSpeak/Ventrilo seems to work just fine...isn't that also VoIP? Strange those work while the EQ2-native VoIP seems to be totally borked...
    Come on, quit yanking our chains, pick up the phone, call Vivox @ 508-650-3571 and tell them to get their act together.
    Thank you!
  6. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

just think how well this will work when they get SOEmote going /tongue in cheek
    All joking aside, I'm thinking it's a Vivox issue not an SOE issue. I've randomly seen Guild and Group channels just appear after minutes or hours of playing, and it's VERY random.
  7. ARCHIVED-arrog Guest

"I'm thinking it's a Vivox issue not an SOE issue" by Orpheus666

Uhhh...I don't care who they subcontract to provide content, services or capabilities...its an SOE issue...
    Arrog
  8. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Hello My friends, please know we are still working on a fix for this. Thank you again for your patience!
  9. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

IDK if it's relevant, but after weeks of having channels drop or never even showingup, including <guild> and <guild officer's> at times, last night (6/19 pm) my channels semed to be acting much better. That could be a fluke, but for now I'll take it as a good sign.
    In-Game voice needs to work.period. it's one of the only two features which EQ2 has over its higher graphic, less lag competition.
  10. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Hello friends! We were able to determine the issue with voice chat. This issue should be fixed now. If anyone continues to experience any further issues with voice chat, please PM me with your ticket reference number so that I can escalate it to the proper team. Thanks guys!
  11. ARCHIVED-Grimula Guest

Hello i still cannot join voice chat channel

Everytime i try to join a voice chat channel it says You've left the channel (channels name)
    for the last week it has been doing this to me
    i am the only person in my guild who has this problem and i am the main tank...so it kind of sucks for raids lol
  12. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Grimula wrote:
    Hello Grimula! We are aware of the voice chat issues and currently working on a fix. I will keep you guys updated on the matter! Thank you for your patience and understanding!
  13. ARCHIVED-Yavie Guest

Juct checking in to give you an error number that I get when unable to join voice, which is constantly rotating between error 1071 and error 0.

According to the voice chat option mic is properly configured.
    However, when I try to set input and output to anything other than default, like my headset, it won't take. I right click on the button, then spend about 5 minutes trying to right click on the headset choice, hit accept at the bottom of the window and it goes back to default.
    I don't know if this is any help, but that's what is happening to me.
  14. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Yavie wrote:
    Thanks for the info Yavie! We are still looking into the issue and I will keep you guys updated once I know its fixed
  15. ARCHIVED-dizzythecat Guest

i have been unable to use voice chat since update 64, started with failure to connect 1071 or 0 swapping between the to.
    That has now stopped, i just get kicked straight out of any channel i try to join. CS have been trying to help me but nothing seems to work, some others in my guild are also unable to join voice chat since the update.
  16. ARCHIVED-RandomWalk Guest

dizzythecat wrote:
    My experience is very similar - except that getting kicked straight out of any channel I try to join began straight after GU64. I didn't have the other failures first. CS have been trying to help me but no success yet. It is not to do with my connection or ISP as OH is playing on the same connection and his vc is fine (fingers crossed this remains the case or we are really in trouble on raids!)
    Aeriel
  17. ARCHIVED-Grimula Guest

voice chat is STILL NOT WORKING WOW

what the hell guys come on im a main tank for a raiding guild and having no voice chat for last 2 weeks is INSANE

this is brutal now
    everytime i try to join a voice chat channel it AUTO BOOTS ME OUT saying primula has left the voice channel (chat channel name)
    argh !! gnome pirate ARGH !!!!
  18. ARCHIVED-Grimula Guest

I Deleted the voice chat in the EQ 2 folders and ran a full scann and reinstalled it

and its same thing everytime i tyr to join it auto boots me out of the channel
  19. ARCHIVED-Paganlover Guest

Obviously todays "FIX" was the same as every other fix we've had lately....nonexistant. Same issues, different day. VENTRILO FTW!!!!
  20. ARCHIVED-Grimula Guest

still no voice chat hahah

just keeping you up to date on my troubles =)
    same problems click on any chat channel and it auto boots me out instantly