Cannot join voice channels.

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-Mattax, Jun 2, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Restinpeese Guest

I am having the same issue. ANY chat channel that I try to join I get kicked out of immediatly.
    I have tried the following things:
    1) Turning off the voice chat and restarting it while in game
    2) Turning off voice chat, then logging out and back in, then restarting the voice chat
    3) Deleating anything from the EQ2 game file related to voice chat and forcing the launchpad to reload it.
    4) Doing a complete file check from the lauchpad
    All other sound and game functions are fine just wont let me connect to any chat channels.
    I use centurylink as ISP and there are no issues with connectivity, the modem is a Westell Model 7500 and again there is nothing wrong with the hardware.
    Other members of of our guild on Butcherblock have had the same issue, while most of the guild does not seem to have any issue. Friends and guildmates have tried invites to other channels and the same result.
    Any update on this issue would be appreciated
  2. ARCHIVED-dizzythecat Guest

Although not everyone is having problems with voice chat, there does seem to be quite a few since update 64, all getting kicked from channels as soon as they join. I and 3 others in my guild are having the same problem, plus 2 in my sons guild. I have been in contact with CS since i started having problems, I just keep going over and over the same things with them, and it's driving me nuts. Please can someone tell us whats going on.
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Hey guys, we are still working on a fix. Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding. I will keep you posted!
  4. ARCHIVED-Grimula Guest

You've left voice channel <Raid> You've left voice channel <Raid> You've left voice channel <Raid> You've left voice channel <Raid> You've left voice channel <Raid> You've left voice channel <Raid> You've left voice channel <Raid> You've left voice channel <Raid> You've left voice channel <Raid> You've left voice channel <Raid> You've left voice channel <Raid>X 5 million

Argh
  5. ARCHIVED-sil4211 Guest

I, also, have been having the same problems as everyone else and its been happening for 2 weeks now. I even deleted all my files and reinstalled the game and have tried numerous quick fix methods and no success. I have been pretty patient waiting for a patch but it's getting a little ridiculous, please get it patched sometime soon.
  6. ARCHIVED-Windstalker Guest

We are sorry for the ongoing frustrations. We did update the software a few weeks ago and are working closely with Vivox which provides the service for us. They are doing an update tomorrow afternoon with our Platform team which will hopefully resolve issues.
    I'm personally following up on this also so we can get this resolved.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jaezah Guest

Please fix Primula's (Grimula? Haha Prim!) voice chat.. he doesn't talk but he's lonely without us!!!
    Plus he doesn't hear all us cursing him anymore when he uses his bruiser teleport thing to pull mobs. He deserves to hear every word of that!!! Luckily he is a beast tank and is managing to MT without VC.
    (And no, we don't use vent!)

luv,
    Jae <3
  8. ARCHIVED-Grimula Guest

Voice chat is still not working holly Windstalker

just to let you know tommorow afternoon is here and still not working
  9. ARCHIVED-Jaezah Guest

It's okay Primula, i'll send you tells IN CAPS WHEN YOU ARE IN TROUBLE. Since you can't hear me yell at you
  10. ARCHIVED-Grimula Guest

my guild leader is going to have to yell at me in CAPS LOCKS now see what you have done sony ? !!

ARGH hahah
  11. ARCHIVED-Grimula Guest

Now i have only None in my voice chat channel options since the new voice update

it only says None

no guild option
    and i cant join custom channels....when i type one in and press add...Nothing happens
  12. ARCHIVED-Grimula Guest

Hmm i just got a message saying Failed to join channel oasis.sugars_fairy_Wonderland
    i didnt click anything when i got this message..
    so seems it is still failing to join channels which is weird
  13. ARCHIVED-babygirl56 Guest

My VC says the same thing..."None". Logged out and back in...same thing...turned off and turned on VC...same thing... While I can appreciate SoE's desire to stay on the "cutting edge" with SoEmote (something I have absolutely no desire to EVER use), how about fixing KNOWN and EXISTING issues before shoving un-wanted/un-desired crap down our throats? Last time I saw any timely action on VC problems is when somebody let Smedley know...then it got fixed (temporarily, unfortunately) PDQ! I find it very strange that when I logged out prior to this morning's update, my VC was working just fine most of the time...now it doesn't work at all! One simple word sums it up... FIX!!!!
  14. ARCHIVED-lail Guest

i have no voice chat channels anymore since the soemote update
  15. ARCHIVED-Windstalker Guest

Hey guys,
    The Voice Chat issues are not as a result of SOEmote per se, but moreso because more channels are being requested as a result of the feature.
    What's very disappointing is that we were fixing a Voice Chat issue on Live servers before we unlocked them and were excited as we had thought we resolved the issues we've been plagued with for a couple of months. The amount of requests we were getting after we unlocked servers showed a different error.
    As I said, our Voice Chat support team is hard at work isolating the problem.
    We're very sorry, of course and as I promised I'm staying on top of this as is the team working on this.
  16. ARCHIVED-RandomWalk Guest

Just so that you are aware Holly - I am getting both the continuing error of immediately being kicked from chat channels when I try to join them plus a new error where sometimes I have only <None> or sometimes I have <None> plus duplicate channels (eg two Guild Officers channels). I can't join any of them!
    I am playing on Splitpaw which has not yet had the update for SOEmote.
    I haven't raised a petition since the TSRs and I have explored all avenues open to us on the first and continuing error.
    Hope the information is of use - if you require more detail or would like me to raise a petition please pm me

Aeriel
  17. ARCHIVED-Jaezah Guest

Grimula wrote:
    Prim!! You made me bust a gut here!! What are you doing in my fairy's private channel!? lololol

Dear SOE, we are very lucky Prim is beast and can MT by telepathy. But we need his voice chat back so he can enjoy laughing at us again !!!
  18. ARCHIVED-Wolfsbaine Guest

I cant even harass my guild leader Jaezah. I am not a happy panda. Least the chat lag is gone
  19. ARCHIVED-hollinar Guest

Jaezah wrote:
    Please stay out of my head, Prim. I promised you I would heal you better...

On a more serious note, this is rather severely impeding raid and group coordination. It is very difficult to coordinate jousts or other scripted event reactions when only half of the players who need to hear can actually get into VC.
  20. ARCHIVED-Jaezah Guest

PRIMULA IS IN A VOICE CHANNEL! By jove, i think we've got it!!!