Cannot join voice channels.

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-Mattax, Jun 2, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Mattax Guest

Since the server came back up on thursday June 2nd, I can no longer join any voice channels. The channel name will change eg from guild to group etc but my name is not present and I can't see anyone else in channel. This happens on all my characters, and all the characters on my wifes account which she runs off a different machine. All hardware has been re-set but today (Friday) the problem is still there. Any suggestions gratfully received.
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Are you both using the same version of Windows? I do recommend always running your client as an admin by right-clicking the game icon, selecting properties, clicking the Compatibility tab, and checking Run as Admin near the bottom under Privileges.
    Next, your channel selection is stored in your UISettings file. This file looks like this <server>_<character>_eq2_uisettings.xml
    I recommend backing up this file then deleting it from the EQ2 folder. You may have to re-do your UI settings (but you can revert using the backed up file) but I want to make sure where the problem lies.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sisaro187 Guest

Alot of people are having this problem on the AB server.
    My whole guild does.
    I run Win 7 X64, have not patched since last week.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

I"m having a different problem with VC
    I keep getting kicked out of chat channels this has happened on a couple fo my toons I'd come in fine in guildchat or my special chat for those who are unguilded but when I tried to switch channels I would get kicked out
    at least last night if I kept at it 5-10 times I could finaly get it to stick but today nothing I keep getting kicked out this has happened to a couple of my toosn I dare not try it wiht others or will be unable to communicate with my friends in Voice chat what is worse I hvae friends who check my private channel to see if I"m there on one of hte toons they know so we can get together and they won't know I"m on. since they dont' have every one of my toons in thier friends list I have to many and I sometimes create others to try out new classes.

btw if is was just that toons UI settings I think my fixe would have worked I copied the UI settings of an unbroken toon to see if I could at least get back to guild chat but that toon I copied it to still couldnt' get back to guild chat.
    I'm on windows XP Pro. I do have a custom UI Profit UI.

edited to add more of waht is happening i just signed in and got kicked out of guild chat and luckly what i did last night finaly worked 3 or three times and I'm able to get it to stick but I dont know how long that will work this is getting frustrating it either works or it doesn't there is no pattern to it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Phoenix23GF Guest

So I'm having the exact same problem. I upgraded my firmware on my router to the latest; I disabled my windows firewall; I loaded eq2 on seperate occasions, once with station launcher, once without; and finally I wiped my entire UI settings (grumble, it'll take me days to put that back together) just to make sure it was nothing on my end.
    Every time I try to join a channel it simply goes grey and says that I have left that channel instead of joining it. Any ideas?
  6. ARCHIVED-Sisaro187 Guest

I log into VC Channel and instently get kicked out...over and over again...The problem has not been fixed!!
    What is odd is sometimes it works...and sometimes it doesnt...
  7. ARCHIVED-vallean Guest

I am on the storm server (french one) and a lot of people have the same problem, cannot join a voice vocal since th GU 60....
    I try to reboot my router, disable the firewall (Eset Nod32) nothing change :(
  8. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Tristen@Lucan DLere wrote:
    same here the only thing I've found that works when I get hit by the stupid VC Bug to at least let me in after 10+ tries is to reboot the whole game. I and then I have the chance of having to go through it all again when I switch toons ingame

I should not have to reboot the whole game when I want to switch toons to get the VC to work.
  9. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

We are aware of several outstanding voice chat issues that are being worked on as we speak. I will report back with more details. Feel free to post more yourself if your new to the issue or have anything you feel is relevant.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

it has gotten worse, it is happening to me everytime i try to switch toons in game I hvae to reboot the game to get it to even work doing the 10+ times to get into a voice channel. I Need to get in I have different toons who are in different guilds but a set of friends I need to keep in contact with who need to know I'm online they check my personal Voice chat channel to see if I"m there.
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

We've seen similar behavior and that is the main focus of the issue. Again, I do apologize for all of the inconvenience it is causing you.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:
    My head was going to asplode if I saw a post saying you guys were unaware as I know it has been reported many times.
    This is how we were able to work around it.
    • Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
    • Locate EQ2VoiceService in the processes tab and Click end Task
    • In EQ2 Options disable voice chat
    • Close EQ2 and relaunch
    • Go back into options and re-enable voice chat
    * Edit : and yes have to do this whenever changing toons as mentioned above
  13. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Yeah I've reproduced and worked around it exactly as you described. We are working on that specifically.
  14. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

We found a work around. We got a vent server. Works great! Maybe you guys should scrap your contract with that crappy SDK you use now and work out one with the Vent or TS people. You know the ones that work 100% of the time? Why you guys whent with the people you did is beyond me.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Toranx@Crushbone wrote:
    Wow, Vent server you might just have gotten a world first discovery there.
    Seriously? You think you are shedding any light here that most everyone hasn't know about for years and years?
    Neither Vent nor Teamspeak work 100% of the time, knowing nothing about either one of them allowed you to make that silly claim.
  16. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    I'm not much of a pc voice chat person but on ps2 I used it a ton in nascar 2004 and champions of norrath ect
    but I must say with my experience with vivoxs on sonys stationlauncher never ever once worked and in everquest II it worked for a very limited time while being extreme bugged and broken and being 100% broken for many many many months at a time
    along time ago when I raided and they forced vent it worked with out issue back then
    and msn and yahoo ect work with out issue
  17. ARCHIVED-cmnold Guest

The workaround does not work. When you close the EQ2Voiceservice app in the task manager it just keeps relaunching over and over and over.
  18. ARCHIVED-Protectour Guest

This problem is occuring with me today though...

Anyone else getting bootted today out of VC?
    I have a simple settup, the only PC that runs Eq2 on my 3 pc network.
    and my IP is DMZ'd
  19. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

cmnold wrote:
    The workaround worked fine for me and some friends last night (we didn't even have to restart EQ2), but this morning it isn't work at all for any of us.
  20. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Eveningsong wrote:
    Aaah maybe that was my problem I signed in today for hte first time and coulnd't get into VC to safe my lfe.

Sigh our guild was just starting to raid again and we can't even get into raid chat