Calling All Legendary Rangers

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Jowita, Sep 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Why haven't you slit Snark's throat yet and stolen the one out of your guild bank. After him teasing you with it for months and saying it just collects dust I'm sure you could get off the hook with a temporary insanity plea. The penalty for killing a rat can't be all that bad now can it :smileyvery-happy:

Sword and Board ranger FTW :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Dirtgirl Guest

It was all an evil plot on Snark's part....
    He is not to be trusted :smileywink:
    He has ring envy toward Skratch.
  3. ARCHIVED-xMiLoSiSx Guest

Does that shield still proc? i've been trying to farm one....
  4. ARCHIVED-Qwindar Guest

I hate to derail this derailed thread, but I'm just coming back to EQ2. I remember reading that INT gives a bonus to spell damage, but CAs were not included as spells. I've seen a couple references to INT bonuses on equipment and that leads me to wonder, are CAs in fact considered spells for the INT to increase the dmg, or is it something else that I'm unaware of? I thought the 3 main stats for rangers were STR, STA, and AGI (not in that order) with WIS coming in a distant forth for resistance. Am I missing something?
    Message Edited by Qwindar on 09-06-2006 04:42 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-xMiLoSiSx Guest

Poison damage.
  6. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

YEP :)
    It's my own personal Ember Seed and the defensive 35 Str debuff proc goes off a decent amount when I get hit by an AE. It's not a ton of damage but I still love using it and with max poison/proc crit it crit's alot. I use it with the Qeynos Kilji which has a great damage proc.
    It's a shame they changed the Cryptic BP's to only work off Combat Arts or I might still use that. I tried using it for a week or two but it just didn't seem to proc at all anymore. Don't think I saw the DPS debuff icon pop up once the whole time and the Ice Bolt was very very rare. Wish they'd kept it as a Succefull Attack proc that'd work on auto attack. Chances are I'd still be using it.
  7. ARCHIVED-LoreLady Guest

Here are some of the questions we should be asking ourselves..

While assassin CA's ae still greater than Ranger CA's in terms of dps and recycle time.. What is the dps diffrence between t8 ammo and mark with decent int?

At 100ish int - mark does 500-800 dmg (going off memory, if an assassin wish's to correct me - please do), while other members may trigger this proc procing 5x in 30s is very likely (the initial proc is alittle harder though) to a total of 4000 damage over 30s.. The question standing, does t8 ammo provide even a 4000 damage diffrence over 30s? And what is the diffrence in mark at 100 int to 400 or 500 int to t8 ammo?

Personally, with playing another assassin, having random people play the same assassin with the same assassin who still tops my zonewide dps by 10-15% with adept 3's - with me at master 1's and while I maintain a 1.1k dps rating at nearly fully matered with the same groups... There is something wrong with that picture..

----- Sidenote - I can do more dps with that assassin with a new hotkey setup, than I can myself while I am better equipped and better spells.

Also - after talking with several high end rangers - the general idea is that it is "possible" for a ranger to hit 1.8k dps - however, zonewide parses still show the assassin being much higher - espessally after looking at disso's, and others parsings.
  8. ARCHIVED-Qwindar Guest

Thanks for the response! I never would've thought that a poison would be considered a spell, that's why I didn't make the connection. Come to think about it, that's why our INT AA line is poison based!
  9. ARCHIVED-xMiLoSiSx Guest

I just did 2k+ on every named in HoS and Lyceum today, minus Vilucidea.
    1.8k average in Lyceum, 1.6k in HoS.
    [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] assassins.
  10. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

Hihi, i rolled on the floor too because of that img. I thought it would enjoy some of you too! :D

++Xan
  11. ARCHIVED-VisualFoundry Guest

After reading this post I was hoping that I'd be able to write post #19, and that Aaron Deepneau and Calvin Tower (or Torin, depending on who you ask) would help me word it correctly. Instead I'm stuck drinking a can of Nazela and driving my Takuro Spirit wherever the superflu hasn't yet been found...
  12. ARCHIVED-xMiLoSiSx Guest

Your Dark Tower humor bores me.
  13. ARCHIVED-VisualFoundry Guest

aw shucks, guess I've bored someone...
    /over it
  14. ARCHIVED-xMiLoSiSx Guest

My bow has a Sandalwood grip.
  15. ARCHIVED-RinionX Guest

being a weaponsmith i tried to attach two long curved blades to mine..sony wouldnt let me though. Bastages.
    So you've noticed a decently big DPS upgrade since getting sarnak bow? Guess auto atk dps adds more for a ranger then some people would like to admit and as we all know. there is a huge lack of good bows.
    Im still useing grizfazzle =( sadly it is 1 of my only 4 remaining legendary pieces. Ive passed on about 8 ichorstands now waiting on bazkul and warbow =/ Shame on me?
    Message Edited by RinionX on 09-07-2006 09:03 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-xMiLoSiSx Guest

Ichorstand is only worth the ammo, and yes, bow auto-attack is a big modifier. I recently popped on all group gear, to match a newb ranger (No MoA, no fabled anything, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], no haste) to see how badly I'd bead him.. (AoAx2, helping someone with claymore)
    I dropped a bastage of a 1.5k, with grizfazzles. I'm still learning how to better DPS with my ranger, and when they fix the sarnak war bow, i'm pretty confident that i'll be making even assassins WW jealous =D. Sony just changed how our class is played.. while it is easier for other classes to do big numbers (I'm fairly confident these 2k assassins aren't parsing to their potential) we have to work MUCH harder to push those sort of numbers. Again, it takes effort.
    We're not the same Ranger we've always beenm
  17. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

You also have 3 heat damage abilities that int affects and if you use the INT AA Line there are a couple more poison damage abilities there too. My top three priorities in order are STR, AGI, INT.
  18. ARCHIVED-RinionX Guest

wait so if its a 'magic' damage like heat the int line effects it? no wonder they ninja nerfed Bazkul and ichorstrand ammo to be pericing rather then divine and poison.
    would of been criting 70%+ of the time.
  19. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Phylok Guest

I think it's more about attitude then DPS. I ran into two groups the other day. and oddly enough both of them had heard my name before. I can tell you it made my night, but i'm not doing anything really that's special.
    I think the true secret to being a Legendary anything, is being yourself and letting others see you.
    Thats just my opinion I could be wrong though.