Calling All Legendary Rangers

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Jowita, Sep 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

I use the hat from the Nest. Crown of Ixhav (or whatever).
    +20 str +5 agi +20 Int
    +3 Ranger +3 piercing
    630 vs magic 630 vs something else
    It is better than Hoo Lahs hat in all respects except for mitigation but who cares about that. It is one of the few hats that has both high strength and hign intelligence.
    I have hoo'lah's and the Cowl of the Pathfinder which I never use. I use hoo'lah when I am soloing for the extra agility and mitigation.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gerdos Guest

I have a few fabled and legendary helms. My prefered choice is Cowl of the Pathfinder, only for the proc. I have 5 AA points in crit range, so the extra bit from the helm helps. Next preference are helms with nice INT bonuses. A lot of the helms share the same resists, so thats not a issue.
  3. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

OMG Xan! AHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

That's great!

*Right-click, save image as*
  4. ARCHIVED-snowbrdr093 Guest

[IMG]

Legendary it is!
  5. ARCHIVED-Jowita Guest

Jay42 scribed:
    "Of course I would, silly. Just like you'd know how a billy-bumbler looks, and the slow mutants, and understand the need for good riddles when riding a sentient (if somewhat deranged) monorail. We've discussed this before, when you had the 'other worlds' quote from Jake on your old sig. (Speaking of which, I love the new one.)"
    Gosh, you're right Jay. You were one of the first (or maybe THE first) peson to comment on my first-ever sig. No wonder I like you, Mr. Kitty. ;) So, do you know where my latest sig quote comes from?
    And speaking of Legendary Rangers, I think it's safe to assume that everyone who's replied to this thread is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Legendary. May all your arrows fly true, and your bowstrings never break.

Jowita
    Message Edited by Flidias on 09-05-2006 07:17 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-TimidMouse Guest

Just a quick newb question: what is wrong with using focus aim? I've been using it before my big CAs every time I fight a named, and if thats not good I'd love to know why.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mirdo Guest

Timidmouse:
    Ignore the comments about Focus aim unless you are using the Ancestral Sarnak Warbow dropped by Venekor in Halls of Seeing. It seems to be missing most shots under focus (I don't own one so am not speaking frmo personal experience here). Current thinking is that it's tagged in game as something other than a ranged weapon. As a side effect of Focus is to lower your non-ranged attack skills, it hits less.
    Sorry to derail the legendaryness of the thread - please return to your normal legendary service :smileywink:
    Mirdo.
  8. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

I wish I had some insight to give on this discussion, but my DPS is the pits :(

I mean... even that furball out DPS's me most of the time ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-RinionX Guest

Its Because your a wood elf, everyone knows only half elves and the occasional Kerra make good Rangers
  10. ARCHIVED-Jowita Guest

Hey now! Occasional Kerrans (male, somewhat handsome, and charming when not urking hairballs) aside, high elf ladies are known throughout Norrath as the bestest Rangers. Didn't you get the memo? Crikey.
    Jowita
  11. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Everyone knows frogs are the best ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Hats: I use Nemesis Hood but I have Cowl of the PF, Crown of X, and Hooloh... you guys have given me reason to go look those up again. Hmm.
    Bows: Rawr!
    Quotes: No dear, I can't say as I do recognize the current sig quote... but I'm 90% sure it's not SK.
    Races: Hey I don't urk hairballs while I'm out on a date, that'd be crude! But yes I'm pretty down with the high elven ladies, especially monks and rangers. ;)
    Bob: "Sir, Rudy will await your foundation."
    David: "I'm a superstar! In a superstar machine! Takin it to the staa-haaars!"
  13. ARCHIVED-Demlar Guest

I'm far from a legendary ranger but if you're having fun playing your ranger that's the important thing. To get DPS numbers that actually make people comment about them you need to be in the right group setup and work your butt off during the fights.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Bite your tongue, Dem. There are all manner of legends circulating throughout Norrath about your renowned androgeny. ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Serventof Wrath Guest

Sorry took a while to respond but yeah the Crown is my primary and now the cowl is my back up I think on the player's site it still shows the cowl equipped cause i was taking some screenshots and goofing around last night.
  16. ARCHIVED-xMiLoSiSx Guest

DPSing on a Ranger is all in how you play it. Don't expect to break 1k only using ranged abilities if you're not using a fabled bow.

I recommend getting the Claymore bow, and grabbing the Grizzfazzles dirk. (Claymore bow meaning the one you get in SoS, with the 532 max hit and 73.2 DR)
  17. ARCHIVED-Serventof Wrath Guest

Ya i can routinely hit 1k dps with wurm destroyer bow, vyemm's fang, and the legendary katana that drops in PoA. (I swear oblivion's edge will not drop for us :( ) I've gotten a couple more masters and almost everything else is adept III and I've spiked in the 1.4k dps range occasionally. Normally now I'm sitting right at 1k for raids but I'm working my butt off to do so. Group set up makes a huge difference in how my raid dps will look. In just group settings (quest updates/ loot and glory runs) things die very fast and dps bounces anywhere from 600 to 1.5K depending on how things are recycling.
  18. ARCHIVED-xMiLoSiSx Guest

I usually sit around 1500 raid DPS on trash mobs, because i'm a slacker =\

I like to kick it up for named and make the assassins work to beat me on a parse, heh.
  19. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

/ponders thread topic
    /random thoughts come to mind
    /thinks to self "hmmm wonder if any other rangers out there still running around and raiding with a T5 shield"
    /does a double take and concludes to self "Naaa doubt it"
    /remembers he just got Sarnac bow
    /does happy dance :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Dirtgirl Guest

OMG!!!! /cry I am cursed when it comes to bows. I still havnt seen any of them except the labs one. /sniffle
    Grats Cry, much Ranger <3.