BUG! I just spent 4 hours of playing and my new green adorn still shows 0%

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Wurm, Dec 1, 2012.

1. slippery Well-Known Member

The ones that do things like level on damage taken (Will of the Silverback King) really shouldn't work like they do. Why does an adorn that levels "from taking damage" basically act like an adorn that levels from adventure experience? Especially when I'm pretty sure you made it take more xp since the trigger condition would seemingly be more often. That isn't the case though, you can only get one ping for these no matter the duration of combat with a single mob, and you get it when the mob dies.

Doesn't really make sense. SAme with the ones that trigger when you attack.
    Atan and JesDyr like this.
  2. Luhai Active Member

This mechanic is probably in place to prevent exploiting. Imagine these adornments gaining XP on damage taken. You could just stand around somewhere and let some random trash mobs beat on you for hours while you go afk.

Apart from that the XP gain is indeed screwed. My "ethernere creatures" adornment is already mythical while the "on damage taken" got like 50% of level 1 before I replaced it 2 days ago with another adornment that levels on ethernere creatures killed. It's level 6 or 7 now.
    For whatever reason SOE never seem to be able to find a sensible middle ground.
  3. slippery Well-Known Member

Isn't that defeating the entire purpose of having different methods to level them if they effectively all only get one hit on mob death? Seems self defeating to me. Why bother at all, they are effectively all just gain xp from adventure experience at that point, except the ones that aren't actually adventure xp get screwed since they don't get all the other xp bonus hits.

I'm pretty sure the only reason the ethernere creatures ones level so fast is because they are basically considered crude or less and have the lowest xp needed.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

All I know is I stopped wearing the ring I have this adorn on until its fixed.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

I just leave my raid rings with them on and they grind slow as heck. I have 2 Refined Foritfied Soul Traps and 1 someting of the deep (I think). None have passed lvl 1 in the week I have worn them. Though 2 of them are near 70-80%.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

When is this finally going to be fixed? We got a red-named saying it was going to be looked into a while ago, but nothing since.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

After using this green adorn for well over a week in all types of content, its now at 27% to level 1.
    Kraeref likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

9. Wurm Well-Known Member

You know somehow I doubt you read this thread completely Sigrdrifa. (Especially considering the one picture I posted was from the link you provided).

I have nothing against a green adorn with good stats taking a while to level, but its now 28% towards LEVEL 1!

Please take a look at the date I made this thread. That the adorn is still not even level 1 after that much time, shows something is wrong.

Including numerous heroic instances, 6+ raids and a bunch of solo grinding...

At that rate it means by the time the next expac comes out, it might be level 5 or 6?

I'm sorry that's beyond broken.
    Erszebeth likes this.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

Slippery is dead on here. What is the point of having different leveling mechanics if in the end, you get the same amount of progress either way.

If its to remain on damage, then it needs to have a chance to level up from ALL damage. The amount of damage you take should factor into the leveling speed. Period. Otherwise, just change it to on xp gain.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Agreed the most XP I gained was on Glokus Windhelm I was gaining XP whenever the music box was destroyed and only when it was killed did I see an update meaning I am gaining exponentially diminished amounts of XP from what would be expected by a player. To iterate here is a simple example using imaginary numbers.

I have 2 green adornments one gains levels by slaying creatures of Etherenere the other by taking damage. To level these adornments I need the following.
    Slayer Adorn: 100,000 Ethernere creatures slain.
    Damage Taken Adorn: 1,000,000,000,000,000 damage taken.

Realistically on some raid fights I take millions of damage so it would be understandable for a Tank-Adornment to require such a high number, but if I only gain 450 xp whenever an enemy dies regardless of how much damage I took then I get 1% per 3 days of solid zone running. These numbers are all completely made up but just to get the idea across.
  12. bobdole New Member

For the green adornment that levels from damage taken .... Wards take away from the total amount of exp gained since you dont really take any/much damage at all. Also even if you do take lotso damage (millions) throughout say a 10 minute fight (with no wards) and are then warded a split-second before the mob dies .... you get Zero xp on the green adornment. Clearly these are broken.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

I still think in terms of effort vs reward that the nebulus anchor adorn you get at the start of the sig line is the best (for melee characters anyway)

Which is why I have 3 on my main character now and bought 3 others that were cheapish off the broker for another toon.
  14. Boli Active Member

I am currently trying to level up 3 "grit of the shiverback king" (the HEROIC version). I raid very regularly and I often MT or are otherwise subject to a massive amount of damage. Its been about 2.5 weeks and they are all at 61.98% of level one.

I worked it out and it seems to range from 3,000,000 -- > 4,000,000 damage taken (on average 3.5M damage taken per 1%).

The problem is; this is on damage TAKEN; warded and stone-skined damage does not count so some raids I can level up 5-6%; and on others barely 2% basically down to the fact I have a shaman/cleric on one raids and a cleric/warden on others

SoE really need to sort this out; I'm almost tempted to open a betting pool in my guild that I'll ding level 2 in these adorns before a patch comes in... I don't really want to win that - please prove me wrong.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

After 1-2 Weeks my Will of the Shiverback King (HM-Raid I think, not sure if EM drops it) is at 80-90% of Level one. I have been finding a bit of an easier time leveling at as I find way to reliably take significant damage (soloing VP seems to do fine) Not that I endorse Soloing old raids to level a new adornment... that is a half-baked work around. The other method is to do PuG's non-raid healers help you take more damage. Again not to bash on lesser geared healers. Their gear is fine for what they do.
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

YAY! Mine is 31% of lvl 1 :) not the same but a raid one drops in HE.
    It is ridiculously slow. Agreed.