BUG! I just spent 4 hours of playing and my new green adorn still shows 0%

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Wurm, Dec 1, 2012.

1. JesDyr Well-Known Member

... how easy do you want the game?
    Kisy and Cearra like this.
  2. Aeudian New Member

There is defiantly a bug here. My Warden shows 0% on both green adornments after completing Eidolon Jungle and all quests up to Obol Plains. My Ranger who is half way through Eidolon Jungle shows 32% on a green adornment.
  3. JesDyr Well-Known Member

they dont all level the same.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

What the hell does that have to do with anything? You think an adorn that might be level 10 by the time the next expac comes out is a good idea? /boogle
  5. JesDyr Well-Known Member

You know some of them level by casting heals .. some level by taking damage .. they don't all level from XP, I was suggesting that maybe the person should take a better look at the adornment.

And no it was a dropped adorn not a crafted one. I dont know why you think a RAID adorn should just be max stats with no effort.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

There is a HUGE difference between effort and stupidity, I'm sorry that you haven't figured that out yet. And if you seriously have read every one of my posts in this thread regarding this issue and still don't see the problem then I'm sorry there is no hope for you.

*edit* Someone on Crushbone did the math and stated today that leveling one of the XP leveling raid adorns is the same amount of XP that is needed to for a toon to go from level 95 to level 225. Yeah "effort" indeed.
  7. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

are you using multiple green adorns?
    there is a bug by one of green adorn taking all the xp away from other green adorn.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

Yes but the other two are already max level.
  9. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

ok, hm, try switch out full maxed adorn, and run with that hasnt been maxed yet for test, if you see something not working right, let the dev team what you found.
    try for 10-20 kills, solo mob xp maybe so low to see the effects of xp, so try several for 1-2 hrs.
    hope you have extra rings and necklace for test run, use junk crafted rings that you can destroy for later to save those green adorns.
    or go without other green adorn and see if that current non-maxed are working or not, if you cant afford dislodgers.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

I've tried just un-equipping the two that are already maxed level. Made no difference in how slow the Prime adorn is.

JesDyr would try to have us believe that it should be OK that the adorn reaches max level after a few long months of playing because its a "raid adorn".

I'm sorry but thats just a bad idea, the adorn isn't that über to justify it.
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

I have got to agree, this is bugged..bad. Raid adornment aside..lets look at the refined arcane version. You pick up the item to make this by running the advanced solo zone...riiight? Doesn't it make sense it should also level just a hair by running these zones? well after putting one of these in a ring and running the zone probaby 6 times more..it hasn't budged. Still..0%. The non crafted adorn I'm using in another slot is 47% now which levels by casting hostile spells. At the end of the day these two green adorns give similar stats. Why in the world would I use the crafted one when its *this* slow.
  12. Leyden New Member

For Crafted adornment.
    I mentored down to 80 and hit the hole, my crafted adornment whent up 1% per round of killing rats.
    Also find crafted adornments seem to go up when in raid and or group, but very slow solo if not menterd.
  13. Xenophaze New Member

I got the Raid green adornment that requires that I get hit with damage. Hit solo instance / heroic instances and the new raid zones. Play time was around 30 hrs. I'm at 14% at lvl 1. Ok lets extrapulate this out; to get this adornment to Lvl 10 it will take about 2150 hrs of game play. If I play 6 hrs / day; we are looking at about 357 days or about 1 year. I don't think the intent of SOE was 1 year. I'm guessing the programmer who was in charge of the subroutine for damage and heals green adornments is off by about a factor of 10 to 15. Doesn't make sense if you have the exp green adornments capable of lvling up in about a week and the the others taking 1 year.
  14. Ogdinmar Active Member

i do agree with xenophaze some of the green adorns are excessivly slow like the one when you take damage to level. i did 3 zones and got 2% thats not really cool, not that i want easy mode but by the time it levels it will be useless lol. So as for that i hope soe works on changeing that. but as for the xp related ones it is exactly that xp. if you kill things only worth 34 xp its gonna take forever to level but you do open or heroic zones you can get 30%+ very quickly because the mobs are worth more.
  15. Iadien Active Member

Do you think killing mindlessly hours on end is difficult? lol LOL
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

I think the idea is that taking a full nights raid of damage should yeild more than 3% granted YES if you raid 3-4 times a week it should be lvl 10 by next August. JesDyr can you give us a single conscise post on why you think this adornment is leveling at a perfectly good rate? I am having issues trying to even pull idea from the netherrealm as to why you like it currently. If I remember right you are also a defender of the current Refining and Goblins in game where many (myself included) believe that they were over-nerfed though they did need a nerf.

:eek: Holy sweet mother of Jefferson Davis man.

You should be able to advance with a relatively good pace. Take the Fear-Touched Umbra I have to grind (like really try) for about 10-30 minutes to gain 1 level on it; This is a dropped adorn from Edilon. Now raids maybe take longer... so a Prime or Raid-dropped one maybe takes 3-5 hours of raid time or equivilant value to level. Meaning it takes roughly 2-4 weeks to get to lvl 10 by raiding without grinding.

Currently as it stands "As you take damage" and I believe "As you gain Adventure XP" both level exceptionally slow when compared to "Defeat enemies of Etherenere" or "Cast beneficial/Arcane spells"
  17. Glassjaw Active Member

I had a green adorn from faceless raid zone and it said something like it gained xp off of inflicting damage to others. After about a week of use I had got about 1% on it... Does "others" indicate players? Because I killed many, many mobs epic and heroic while it was equipped.
  18. Kisy Active Member

I dont necessarily think that lvling them should be "easy" but the xp should be substancially more than what it is. Even if your mindlessly killing mobs...... that isn't easy. Its mind killing. Sometimes I walk away from mindlessly killing and feel like I'm busting my head against the wall.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Since my post asking JesDyr what type of adorn he was leveling in Seb was removed due to the first word in the name of the adorn above, I'm adding this so his answer makes sense.

Also @ Dev team

If vitality or XP debt is influencing the rate these adorns level that needs to be corrected as well.

But for the record I had no debt and I had 100% vitality when I did my test Seb run.
  20. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Checks Adorns...
    Checks Spreadsheets...

I think my two identical green adorns are leveling at different rates... Insufficient data to say for sure...