BUG! I just spent 4 hours of playing and my new green adorn still shows 0%

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Wurm, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Crafted Adventure XP adorn. I'm receiving the annoying status-channel spam non-stop but the bar hasn't moved one little bit.

Bug? Intended?

Fix please.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

The XP gained and "as you take damage" Green adorns level excessively slow. A full nights raid as the MT yields only 3% for them damage taken ones. I am not sure but if you are 95/95 you may not actually be "gaining xp" and as such the adorn won't level.
  3. slippery Well-Known Member

The adventure ones do level, but it is slow, especially compared to like kill ethernere creatures. The damage taken ones, heh.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

No it is leveling, after over 6 hours its now at 2% in towards level 2. It is directly related to how crappy the grind XP is in the new zones.

I crafted basically the same adorn for my daughter and after 2 hours in a skyshrine grind group her adorn is now level 2 and half way to level 3.

Since I'm only doing things in the new zones for the most part, mine should be level 10 by 2038 at this rate. :rolleyes:

Fix the amount of XP the adorns get in the new zones SOE or fix the grind XP in the new zones (my preferred option); either will work.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

The results of playing steadily from 06:00 to 18:00 today...
    [IMG]
  6. JesDyr Well-Known Member

kill better stuff ... I spent 10 min in Seb mentored to 80 and got 33%
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Oh yeah grinding old zones to level adornments... makes perfect sense to me... not.
    Kraeref, Estred and Guiscard like this.
  8. JesDyr Well-Known Member

Actually it does ... The Adventure XP adorns level like a character would level. Want to level the adorn fast? pretend you are powerleveling your character.

Killing low XP solo trash isnt going to get you much.,,, anyone with any idea how this game works should understand that.
  9. Wurm Well-Known Member

I was in heroic zones most of the day... but thanks for the tip.
    Guiscard likes this.
  10. Guiscard Active Member

And they wanted us to stay out of the old zone and yet they do everything possible to make sure that we will go to the old zone as they provide the XP that the new ones don't. I wonder how long it will take for them to NERF this?
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Tbh the XP changes they have implemented have just hurt lower level grouping. In fact making it take longer to PL just means those who sell PL's like myself (when I get ungodly bored) get even more profit from grinding longer for people.

The desire behind power level is to reach high level quickly. I almost refuse to PL someone past 90 at that point you have all your skills and if i get you 280 AA you must now learn to play with all Skills and AA available to you. Nerfing encounter XP in old zones means that if people actually do form say all lvl 45 and run Deathfist Citadel (great fun back when I ran it) then sadly they get less XP/time investment than say a group of 45's with one lvl 95 tank who one shots everything even mentored.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

BTW JesDyr, I'm calling BS on your 10 mins in Seb mentored to 80 for 33%
    I ran
    Emperor Atrebe's Laboratory: The Fabled City of Kor-sha,
    Befallen: Cavern of the Afflicted,
    and Guk: The Lower Corridors
    mentored down to 80 today after my screen.shot post and got 1% total.
    Guiscard likes this.
  13. Jrel Well-Known Member

14. Toran Member

Instances have always been hurried exp. Seb(a contested zone) will yield way better exp then the ones you listed.
    Kisy likes this.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

Be that as it may, 33% in 10 mins was an exaggeration. How do I know? Because I just got back from the lower part of Seb and it went up only 4% after a mass pull slaughter of around a quarter hour. So it's a little faster, but not by much.
  16. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I wonder if a Merc steals their half of the XP before it goes into the green adorn?

Regardless, I seem to be getting about 10% per CoE Heroic instance run on my refined arcane. I haven't thought about it hard enough to decide if that's a good rate or not.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

Mines a prime. and I don't use mercs except for key mobs :)
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

So here it is after raid last night and over 2 hours of running around mentored down in Seb.

[IMG]

I'm going back to grab some xp potions I want to see if they help. Stay Tuned...

And @ the devs, you idea is a good one, but since you nerfed grinding XP everywhere Norrath-wide, you might want to look at these adorns again and adjust them up.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

OK here is after using one single one hour 110% XP potion. I killed so many Iskar I started to have a guilty conscious :p

[IMG]

Sp while the XP potion seems to make a slight difference, the adorn is still IMHO broken.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Have to admit it was a pretty nice run...
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

A little more testing shows that the crude version levels about 5 times as fast as the prime. Which is also not at all kosher.

They should level at exactly the same faster rate.