Bruiser Combat Arts 1-60 + Misc/Training (Updated 7. September)

Discussion in 'Bruiser' started by ARCHIVED-Jezekiell, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

Yes and that doesn't mean anything when the entire Combat system and every other Spell/Combat Art has been revamped. /bonk

You have to take all changes in to consideration and not just compare CAs between Live and Test.

Taken from my 2nd post in this thread.

2. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

The latest additions at lvl 50.

Link

The teleporting attack TPs you in to the target, does the attack, then TPs you back to your original location.
  3. ARCHIVED-WinterAnarth Guest

That's what I'm talking about... Well the kick 'em when their down one. It just screams Bruiser *grins* Magical attack negation sounds good, but how well does it work? Once you use it a bit, let us know?
    And although the teleporting one does sound a little too martial artsy, I imagine it wouldn't be too bad for pulling. 25m is the range of a thrown weapon, isn't it?
  4. ARCHIVED-Mantua1 Guest

I like what I see there with the newer abilities. Thanks for the updates Jeze.
    I hope we get better class titles. I want to go from bruiser to tyrant.

Mantuax, 50 Bruiser
    Befallen
  5. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

Yep, works great as a pulling tool. Doesn't consume power either. Though don't use it to pull from a group of encounters, heh they'll all aggro you then.
  6. ARCHIVED-Moskito Guest

I am little frustrated about our new lvl 50 Skills. I tested them myself.
    the Teleport attack is .... (in non pvp) useless. You cant pull (better) with it than withany throwing weapon. If you use the skill and there are any other aggro mobs around your Target, they will all engage you. It would be a nice tool, if it would work like a bodypull.

The Kick is .... a nice additional higer damage attack. (keep in mind we are tanks)

The Magical Absorber is .... to short in duration. It will absorb 1 magic damage attack or it will expire after 1 minute.
    It doesnt matter what kind of magical attack. If you are lucky it absorbs one nasty nuke. If your unlucky it will absorb a verylowdamage attack. :)

In comparison:
    A Gaurdian gets a Pet (i have senn the pet tanking a lvl 49^^^ elephant)
    A Guardian gets a Skill that: Absorbs up to 5 attacks that are higer than 10% of a Guardians max HP (and will damage the shield of the guardian). A buffed Guardian has 10k hp. So whenever he gets a hit for more then 1k his new Buff will avoid this blow. Up to 5 attacks = 5 times 1k = 5.000 dmg
    For me thats a 5k Ward (the "downside" is the Shild is beeing damaged, how much are Player made schilds on ur Server? I guess a Guardian will only carry 3 or 4 Shields with him while Tnaking Raid Mobs)

A Paladin gets a Skill that equals all HP of the Paladins Group.
    For example: Group Guardian, Paladin, Healer, Healer, Scout, Mage
    Group has 30k HP (alltogether)
    MT = Guardian or Paladin gets beaten is low on health
    Paladin uses Skill: Guard was down to 1k HP the rest of the group wasnt damaged
    Guardian is back to 3.7k Hp (like any other group member) and a group heal does the healing

Both, the Skill from the Paladin and from the Guardian is valuable in tanking situations. Ours is not.
  7. ARCHIVED-Skharr Guest

Dreadwake is not a raid.
  8. ARCHIVED-Turb0T Guest

So Pallys and guards get skills that can save/heal 5K HP, and we get a (probably) useless magic shield....

And the teleport attack just seems plain stupid (for reasons already mentioned). Just give us a thrown weapon CA.

Way to go devs!
  9. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

I can see the shield and the teleport attack being useful in PvP (root), the shield may even prove use in PvE (keep an eye out for damaging spells being cast and with the insta cast it'll be easy to counter it. Unless a scout interupts it and the mob starts to cast a low damage spell /sigh. Hopefully the number of spells avoided will be increased with adept /master upgrades)
  10. ARCHIVED-Moskito Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Dovifat Guest

You'r right on the money there and i encourage you to /feedback it. I know i did. All that fuss about the combat revamp and they appearantly still see Brawlers as a hybrid class despite all their claims. Of course we'll have to wait and see if those spells actually go live, there are even plenty of Guardians who say the Clone is way overpowered. I haven't seen the Paladin one in action yet, so i'll hold my judgement there. This isn't exactly encouraging though, i hope the 50-60 skills are more in line with the "vision" ( if there is one, that is ).
  12. ARCHIVED-Dananeb Guest

Its pretty depressing looking at the other classes here.
    The Monk ward and the FD looks very nice, Berserkers get proc hate and group haste.

Going to /feeback now, hopefully we will see a change.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dovifat Guest

The skills themselves aren't bad, though the ward needs some work. They just seem suited to a dps class rather than a tank. Considering the significant damage adjustment we receive at the same time that's just contradictory - again.
  14. ARCHIVED-etch666 Guest

When i saw the skills, I thought they were a nice addition. The stomp move looks great for dps and i think suit our class great :)
    The ward looks good for ae's etc.
    The teleport punch looks quite fun too.
    Considering I had no idea they would release anymore moves at lvl 50 (not 3 anyway, maybe 1)
    Freebies are good :)

Plus i think its great we are getting more DPS moves, the more DPS the better as I wont be tanking raids anytime soon with 5 guards in guild.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rumbite Guest

With Monks getting a 2k+ ward, group FD, and retaining stifle.... Bruisers better get a little more than a "teleport attack" that should be a fluff skill.
    /sigh
  16. ARCHIVED-Dananeb Guest

The 2k+ ward is 5 sec duration only, so its very sitiuational as well, still its alot better than the Stone deaf we get. The group FD beats Evac in my oppinion, while evac does save the group it also makes the group having to fight back to its last location, this skill prevents that.

Sonic fist as it is right now is nothing more than fluff ( look mom, i can teleport!!). For me right now having just gotten this skill i get severly disorientated after using this skill and returning to where i came from can become a challenge, the chance of proximity agro from other mobs makes it very useless. If there isnt any mobs around that i would agro i might as well just go up and taunt once (15m range).

Kick'em when they're down, while i didnt really need more dps it is a nice skill that makes combat more interactive, i actually have a skill that i need to use in a 3 sec time frame to get full effect. Great way to keep peoples attention in the fight, i would like to see more like this.

Stone deaf, this skill will probably be a skill that I will forget to use most of the time. The fact that it could block a small damage skill and the big nuke hits right after makes it so random, that i would preferr a small buff that had a % chance to block a magic attack.
  17. ARCHIVED-Turb0T Guest

Hmm, so monks keep their stifle and we lose ours....

The list goes on...
  18. ARCHIVED-Dananeb Guest

Ohhh we get to fall through the world if we run while using Sonic fist, doesnt happen all the time. But it can be forced if you keep running around a mob while constantly using this skill. hmmm we get evac now :smileyvery-happy:
  19. ARCHIVED-Rumbite Guest

20. ARCHIVED-WinterAnarth Guest

::Edited this after reading Jeze's post::

They could make it not a teleport, but a ranged attack from throwing a punch so fast the air damaged them or something (Hey it is a fantasy game ;) And it seems a bit more bruiserish than teleporting...

But wow... The guard block skill, zerker haste/dps buff, monk fd... well every other class seems to get something that just is amazing... Then there are the bruisers... Looks like there are some classes of each branch that get much less useful skills... And they all seem to be on the FP side, just cause we're from FP doesn't mean give us damage instead of utility!
    Message Edited by WinterAnarth on 08-22-2005 02:02 PM