Bruiser Combat Arts 1-60 + Misc/Training (Updated 7. September)

Discussion in 'Bruiser' started by ARCHIVED-Jezekiell, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Xcomdefense Guest

Experience it befor you open your mouth.

It's true Bruiser CA are a fraction of an assassins largest attack, but do assassins deal the most damage? no, they can only score the highest.

right now the dps of a Bruiser who is primarly offensive is in most cases over-whelming
  2. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

I also don't see 1 hour recast timers on our abilities, unlike the assassins... We have some mid to high damaging attacks on very short cycle times... That's where most of the dps comes from.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nasyr2412 Guest

I never said we cant tank in groups. We do great in groups. So if you are a pure groupplayer this class rules.
    But what about raids? What do we bring to a raid? Each other tankclass gets a copy of our shrug off now. And i say it again... on the most raids only one tank is needed so far and maybe a buffer. So where is our speciality now?
    The raidconcept of EQ2 has not much place for tanks beside the MT. Im really worried about the future of our class...
  4. ARCHIVED-CosmicAcidGuru Guest

this thread is about the NEW Bruiser Combat Arts. You guys are posting a lot of crap here. If you say everything is fine because we're currently the top dps class, then you're living in the past and haven't heard yet that Combat Revamp is around the corner. If you think that dps is determined by the highest melee hit, then I must assume you skipped school everytime you had math class.

We were discussing the NEW Bruiser Combat Arts in this thread. If you want to whine about your mitigation or brag about your current dps, then please find another thread.

Finnster
  5. ARCHIVED-naduru Guest

yeah sorry, last thing i'll post here. but yeah going by the highest hit's just crazy, bruisers are about 40% more dps than assassins, and if you wanna go by high hits, my zerker's tied for #1 highest magic hit worldwide and he's not a caster :p
    in respects to the new CA's the latest i'm seeing kind of leaves me with agro concerns, dirty punch i noticed is nearly doubled in damage and the rest of our arsenal for the *most* part seems to be going nowhere but up. i suppose this is countered by the new and higher guardian taunts but giving us a ton more dps seems like it's going to make pulling agro on raids an issue without careful planning. but i don't know enough about the other classes really to pass a final judgement until i see it first hand though. another point of interest is how the progression from app1-master1 is supposed to be very noticable, most of the pics of ca's i've seen are showing the adept1 version, which sounds promising to me i've hoarded a good number of m1's for my toons and it sounds like they're making it where having those master will really set you apart from others of the same lvl.
    Message Edited by naduru on 08-18-2005 03:11 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Rumbite Guest

Oh dear.. where to start...
  7. ARCHIVED-chaoticgoddess Guest

if you read my statements i said I DO tank in raids... and with the proper classes in my group i do just fine not to mention that the healers tell me that its easyer to keep me up then some plate wearers... im not trying to attack you just cant believe that you all want to think of a tanking class as a dps class when its not the case at all we are not and its gonna show more so when revamp comes around sorry you disagree think what you want i will stay on my live server continue to tank and always be successful
  8. ARCHIVED-Rumbite Guest

I never said we couldn't tank. I am saying that it is ludacris to say that we aren't currently a DPS class.
  9. ARCHIVED-chaoticgoddess Guest

ok there was 2 monks in my group a zerker a assasin and me (reason why was we were measuring dps with a program) so we are all taking on mobs and guess who had more dps... the assasin... then came the bruiser and then the zerker im not saying we dont put out damage but we are not true dps traditionally speaking and personally i dont group to dps i group to tank or be MA
  10. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

On short fights the assassin will win becuase they have skills that can dish out a lot of damage in a short amount of time. But when they are used, they're on ice for some time. On longer epic battles the bruiser will win because of the very short recast times on the high damaging attacks (the One hundred slap line has a 30 second recast, dirty punch line has a 1 minute recast). The duration of the battle has to be considered as well.
    When I get invited to groups, I expect that I'll tank most of the time. But there are groups that invite me even though they have a guardian or berserker in their ranks. Why? Because of the DPS.
    But this topic belongs into another thread. We are here to discous the combat changes
    Message Edited by TheSummoned on 08-18-2005 10:08 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Turb0T Guest

Well, actually not, because with 50% less dps, we won't get those invites.

That's the thing. Still not tanking, and no filler slot value.

W00t.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xcomdefense Guest

In fights resulting with the Bruiser using the best damage skills available 2-3x (30-50'ish sec timers) the damage surpasses an assassin
  13. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

Was talking about how things were on live up to now, not on test, you dimwit! :p
  14. ARCHIVED-Rumbite Guest

Do you play on Test/Beta? Have you parsed our DPS? Or is that 50% decrease just an estimate.. or did you just hear it from someone else?

If it is one of the latter, you should hold off on making assumptions. I don't believe our DPS has dropped by 50% when testing it out, though we have dropped a bit. Something more correct would be saying that Predators and Rogues got a nice boost in DPS.

And you are incorrect, we could tank perfectly fine before the CC's and we can tank perfectly fine after. I have not tested raid mobs after, so I can not say the results on that, sorry.
  15. ARCHIVED-oMeGaOhMz Guest

SO will unarmed be DW or still one handed?
  16. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

It's not being changed, so it'll remain One-Handed.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dovifat Guest

I'm somewhat concerned about the loss of all stifles. They were an integral part in solo and group play. We'll have to wait and see if the numerous knockdowns and stuns can make up for that, under the current mechanics stifles are almost as effective as stuns, just with longer duration.
    Message Edited by Dovifat on 08-20-2005 07:38 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Rumbite Guest

I am also upset with the loss of stifles. I agree that a 10 second stifle with a 10 second recast is a little ridiculous... but taking them away completely is even more ridiculous. Giving us a 5% chance to land a 9 second stifle on an Epic is not over powered. Though, a 20 second stifle with a 30 second recast (with 100% chance to land on a succesful hit) was a little too much to give Monks, IMO.

I haven't seen the new Monk CA's, but if they get stifles while we don't, I'll be pissed. :smileymad:

The difference between being able to stun vs. stifle, are the insta-cast mobs. While you can see the spell effects starting for some mobs, giving you enough time to stun them before they get their spell off... some mobs cast things without any sort of warning or casting time. These are the mobs that stifles are needed for, rather than stuns.
  19. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Turb0T Guest

Rumbite - CA damage is over 50% down. Compared CA descriptions.