Bristlebane Day, 2014 [Feedback and Bugs]

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Extemper, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

There are no house bunnies! I thought there'd be house bunnies in the marketplace! ;_;

(I'd prefer them on an in-game merchant of course, but I thought they'd be somewhere!)
  2. Extemper Developer

Hi Aeriel! It actually looks like you got some zone loot there rather than loot from that particular keeper, which should explain its disappointing level ten-ness. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Aeriel Active Member

Hi Extemper!

*looks confused* I'm pretty certain the box dropped off the keeper - so some of them carry around zone loot?

Anyway it was the patchcraft group near the timberclaw gnoll camp in Antonica, so maybe one of those pesky gnolls swiped the real loot :)

Aeriel
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Not good thing I just discovered! I was fighting a crab, mentored from 85 to 45. A level 95 ran up right before the second one spawned, and it spawned as a level 94. The player then ran away, not even fighting it, and it ran back to it's spot, STILL a level 94! And now there is an aggressive level 94 crab in the lowbie area of TIm Deep. I fear this will become a griefing mechanism fast!

When a ring encounter like this starts. ALL of the spawning mobs should spawn at the level of the character who triggered it. And the mob should despawn if a player does not fight it. Now we have that 94 crab, endangering lowbies, until someone kills it. :(
  5. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Someone was going on about that in chat earlier today. Anyway, I went around there and didn't find anything. I did manage to kill a couple of those patch crab things while I was there that came up on track. I suppose some of this thread doesn't really belong on the Test Server forum. What I'm talking about happened on Oasis.
  6. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Might have been me. Two people sent me a tell, I let one know when the other was coming. I grouped with the one that came, though I couldn't have done much damage. Player was very nice, I added to friends list. Thing is, if I posted about this in the events forum, it wouldn't be noticed by those that fix things, and would give other not nice players ideas. Whereas here, it is more likely to get passed on to someone who could correct it. It really isn't a bug, just a bad mechanic. So I didn't think a bug report would do much good.

My fear is that some will do this in really bad places, like the bear cave area in Frostfang Sea. You can imagine the carnage and many dead low levels if an aggressive level 94 patchwork bear was left there to prey on the new characters...
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen... :-/

I remember the times when this happened to the skeletons on the beach in Nektulos for the Nights of the Dead "kill-'em-till-they-drop-Peanut-Brittle" stuff; someone much higher level than my character had activated one and something had happened (they ran off, they got killed, the bone pile was just nearby another one that spawned correctly for them [I can't recall if I actually clicked on the bone pile or it was nearby], whatever) but the skellie was still able to target folks. Very scary! At least, it was a high-traffic area, and someone was bound to come along of the correct level and take it out. ;->

Uwk
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

An update. Apparently if the patchwork is the first one triggered it will reset when the player gets far enough away. But if it is the second one, it will stay at the level of the character it set it's level to.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not only that, but I had an alt on Splitpaw who, literally just now, got "kill-stolen" off of, straight out of WoW. I'd been jumped by a patchwork...growler? The wolf one; it was my level or blue to me, I was a little irked at getting surprised by it, but was fighting it, then a high-level came along, grabbed my growler, it kicked up in level, locked, and the other got credit for the kill. >:-/

Uwk
    Naramsin likes this.
  10. Calthine Well-Known Member

That's what encounter lock is for.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

People still shouldn't be rude like that and steal mobs from others.
  12. Mysstie Well-Known Member

One of my low level toons ran into an already spawned high level patchwork mob in Frostfang Sea, it hit me while I was running by and I noticed it was red then after awhile it turned blue to me and so I killed it and got the coins.
  13. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Problem is, it isn't an encounter, it is a ring event.

But what if you are so low level it one-shots you?
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds as if the mechanics on this are a little wonky... :-/

Uwk
  15. Naramsin Well-Known Member

That happened to me twice here on Freeport server. I was on the shore of Gorowyn beach, aggroed a patchcraft snapper, then someone came and grabbed it from me, so I pulled out my Partisan Cleave and cracked it like a whip in the mob's direction. Was able to finish the crab off, and brought the fight back to me, On top of all that, I got an Ornate Chest, Wicked!

Second incident - On Mok Island opposite of gorowyn beach, on the section just before the raptor hill. It's the beach with that stranded castaway NPC. Anyways, my Assassin aggroed the patchcraft, then this guy fly's in and steals his aggro, kills it and finishes the encounter, Ornate Chest drops. Not cool, man! So not cool!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely. >:-/

I think I know at least a little of what's up with it, perhaps; night before last, one of my non-Beastlord characters was jumped by a patchcraft wolf, so having no incentive to leave it alive, she fought back. The character was a Fury, so she Rooted it, stepped back a bit until the patch' couldn't hit her, and started casting more spells (you know, the thing you do with a Druid...or really, most spellcasters that have Root type spells and are solo). The minute I did that, the thing went back up to full Health, broke the Root, and tried tearing out her throat again. Didn't like that; Rooted and backed off again. Lather, rinse, repeat: Root broken, mob full health, snarl, growl, foam. I know I'm gonna get lynched in writing for saying this, but I think SOE could stand to learn a few things from WoW about how to do ring events. :-/

And I guess I know why they do it this way, but I for one am getting mighty fed up with critters that you can't do anything to until they decide when they want to attack you, which eliminates my Root spellcasters and my Scouts from doing much at all. If this is the way things will be done in EQ3, count me out of that. :-/

Uwk
    Naramsin likes this.
  17. Naramsin Well-Known Member

So far, the drops are only for waist and cloak. 2 different cloaks, and 3 different belts. Looks like a dinky loot table. Oh well, that's more transmutes for me, and Lord knows I need those.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've seen crit bonus, potency, block, flurry and double cast on belts and cloaks.
  19. Naramsin Well-Known Member

True that the stats are nice, nice enough to where I set a couple of them aside for a couple of toons. I have gotten 2-3 different belts and 2-3 different cloaks so far. On a few I got multiples of, so they get muted.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

They're not heirloom, so you could broker 'em instead of 'muting them if you wanted.