Bristlebane Day, 2014 [Feedback and Bugs]

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Extemper, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Extemper Developer

Jesters, thieves, bards and fans of mischief, alike, are encouraged to enjoy the Bristlebane Day festivities! You never know what laughs and pranks await you during these holy days honoring Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane, The Grand Prankster. Princess Evelynn has a lofty challenge awaiting those with an appetite for fun in Sinking Sands, while other celebrators can be found in the Enchanted Lands, and every city. Strange creatures resembling stuffed toys have been seen roaming Antonica, The Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, Greater Faydark and Frostfang Sea. You can get more involved by crafting your very own items in celebration of this wonderful holiday. Visit your local tradeskill house to purchase these special recipes!

P.S. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special events, especially in Enchanted Lands, occurring only on the highest of silly days, 4/1/2014!

New Bristlebane Day features for '14!
    • New Event Coin – Fool’s Gold Coin! These are now selectable rewards from a number of Bristlebane Day quests (and maybe a drop or two if you’re the exploration type!)
    • New creatures can be found throughout Norrath, sewn and buttoned up by Bristlebane’s own hand!
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, “Perfectly Serious Items to Craft V.”
    • 10 new event items purchasable from “a Bristlebane Day Merchant.”
    • New Achievements and rewards:
      • Patchcraft Slayer Achievement line
      • Honorary Gigglegibber
    Returning Bristlebane Day features for ’14!

• In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Impossibly Rare Objects holiday collection found within Antonica, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, Greater Faydark and Frostfang Sea.
    • Jester's garden can only be found within Antonica, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, Greater Faydark and Frostfang Sea.
    • Previous craftable recipe books sold by “a Bristlebane Day merchant” in city tradeskill houses.
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft II
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft III
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IV
    • "Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt" - Repeatable
    • The Bristlebane Quest Outline started by Blat Berisen - NOT repeatable
    • "Ratical” - Repeatable, once per year
      • New Reward: Fool’s Gold Coin
    • “Gnary a Joke to Tell” and silly Bristlebane Day themed dungeon - Repeatable, once per year
    • "Bristlebane Day Snack Snatcher: Enchanted Lands" - Repeatable
    • “Bristlebane Bounce: Sinking Sands
    • Achievements:
      • A Plethora of Pranks
      • Conniving Confections
      • You Jelly?
      • Snack Attack
    This event content is currently set to run 03/28/2014 at 12:01 AM PAC time until 04/10/2014 at 11:59 PM PAC time on the live servers, with special hijinks and quests available on 4/1 only.
    Calthine likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Crafting:

Bottle of aged Thundermist merlot does not preview properly - in the preview, the label is floating and the neck is missing. It looks ok when placed.

Cannot counter events while making the following items due to technique/event mismatche (sculpting technique, but binding events occurring):
    • Flowered Teal Velvet Curtain, Left
    • Flowered Teal Velvet Curtain, Right
    • Teal Velvet Curtain, Left
    • Teal Velvet Curtain, Right
    • Yellow Velvet Curtain, Left
    • Yellow Velvet Curtain, Right
    FYI - As a personal preference thing, I'd love to see the icon for the curtains be flipped for the "Right" versions, so it is easier to tell the right from the left in inventory without a ton of mouseovers.

The yellow and purple ewer has a rather large default size - large enough that even shrunken down, it'd not fit on a table. (I'm not a fan of the look, but that's a personal thing, and am sure Bristlebane thinks it is sufficiently odd to be perfect for his day.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Niggly - when you go to place these curtains, the BACK of the curtains is facing you, requiring you to spin them around before you place them. (The previews properly show the front of the curtain) It looks like past curtains from E-Day and Brewday did the same thing, but for one reason or another I didn't post anything about it then. {headscratch}
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Snack Snatcher quest offers a reward of a "Bristlebane Day Madcap", which is a returning quest reward from last year. The "new" buyable of Merrymakers Minstrel Crown uses the exact same graphic (same coloring, etc., just a different name)
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Patchcraft critters -
    My experience in DLW was: one spawn point, mob was spawning at level 92 for a level 93 character ... kill the patchcraft howler, another would insta-pop, kill that patchcraft howler and a patchcraft keeper would spawn. The howlers count for the achievement, the keeper does not. I waited several minutes, and got another round of howler, howler, keeper. Roamed around when it didn't repop there, found another possible spawn point, and did howler, howler, keeper. Again, howlers count for the achievement, the keepers do not .... if this is how it is intended, I can see lots of folks running off the keepers and leaving them up, since they don't count for the achievement. Will this muck up respawn?

Others are getting at-level spawns, so I can only assume that we've once again got an issue with level 92 mobs spawning for level 93+, instead of at-level.

Another person, who didn't bother to post after testing, just mentioned in the test channel, said that the patchcraft critters were taming as rodent, no matter what model they used. I don't know if they were channeler or beastlord, and I can only hope that they did a /bug, since there's nothing here from them yet.

It *seems* like only one may be up at any given time in a zone. I have a bad feeling about that on high population servers, even with multiple sawn points, but will have to poke at this more to see how it goes.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

BUG: Cannnot complete the Honorary Gigglegibber achievement

Completed the Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt (received the reward in the mail), however, since the quest "fails" on the timer, and the reward is in the mail, you don't get any quest credit, and it will not update the Honorary Gigglegibber achievement.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Correction: the wolf and badger (howler and thrasher) tame as rodent (the wolf should not). The crab (snapper) properly tamed as aquatic. Not sure on the bear ... need to run my BL on Test out there when not so tired
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Testers, we are beginning to suspect that the patchcraft spawns for Commonlands are either totally MIA, or stuck on a broken spawn point or two. If you see any patchcraft critters in CL, please post with rough location ... we've been all over the zone, several times, by foot and by air, with no luck. (Several people, several go-rounds) ~Mum
  9. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Found a patchcraft howler near the gate to the Sprawl - about halfway between the gate and the guard tower by the river.

edit: second one up aprox 274, -44, -618. So that's two up at once in the same zone, which bodes a bit better for people hunting them. Guess Bristlebane is as bad as the rest of us about crafting right to the last possible moment. :)

edit 2: third near the statue of the Fallen 136, -12, 309. I notice even though they're all howlers, they seem to have different color patterns. Time to see if they keep their pattern when tamed or go to a default look!
  10. Lizabethan Active Member

I was running to the NQ gate in Antonica (near the farms) when I realized that something was attacking me. It said it was a patchwork and I was taking minor damage but no mob appeared, so I had to feign death to get them away. I'm sorry that I don't have precise /locs as I was running, but I think this confirms (for me) the "patchworks are bugged" theory.

Edit to add: They appear to be under the world.
  11. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I just want to say that I LOVE the doors, the patchwork bear plushies, and the house bouncer! (Ok, I REALLY LOVE the bouncer!) Thank you for the lovely new things.

One request.. is there any way to make it so that fireworks of the same kind all stack into one neat little pile of charges? They are cute, but take up too much bag space if you get a lot of them.
  12. Lizabethan Active Member

Alright, here we go. For those who'd like to see previews of all the buyable and crafted items (thanks Niami!), please visit Homes and Tomes guild hall in Gorowyn.

Bristlebane Bouncer - This is insanely fun. I'm so glad you guys added this one, I've wanted a trampoline in my house forever!

Rivervale Vine Knot Door - When first placed, it's sunken halfway into the ground. I'm thinking the anchor point (?) is lower than it should be, if that terminology is right. However, I love that it's round AND double sided.

Rivervale Conveyance Blueprints - I don't understand what the graphic is supposed to be. Is it a boat?

Wild Boar - Asking it to dance does nothing.

Jovial Patchwork Thrasher Plushie is bigger than the growler plushie when placed and probably should be reversed for realism's sake.

Merrymakers Salmon - /Brandish makes it seem to come out of the opposite hip (maybe a bug?).

Royal Beaded Pillow - Scales too big for a pillow in my opinion. The smaller sizes are fine.

Yellow Velvet Curtains - They appear yellow in previews but greenish when placed.

Bead Boomer Fireworks - Love the animation, great choice.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Patchcraft growler (bear) confirmed as also taming as rodent when it shouldn't.

~Mum
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

So there's 4 patchwork types total then? Crab, wolf, bear, and badger?
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Shmogre like this.
  16. Lizabethan Active Member

Suggestions for next year, while we're on it:

-Maybe add a new achievement for doing the April 1st quests "Riddled Throughout the Land" and "Riddled Again". It could be called something like "Riddled for the Last Time". This can give players something to look forward to if they already have the stone rewards from previous years or alts. Maybe the reward can be a patchwork fluff pet? (Side note: idea for merchant next year - patchwork follow pets)

- An option to buy the Mounted Festival Beads without the two hanging baubles on each side. You can take the strings off and bring the two large baubles to flank the row of beads, like the bows on the Frostfell fairy lights.

-Patchwork pillows added to the merchant.

-Dark green curtains.

- House items that shoot fireworks, like the Festive Bristlebane Fireworks Launcher, but instead can be toggled to shoot items like what you get from Fireworks: 52 Card Pickup, Bead Boomer, or Coinsplosion.
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Are beastlords breaking the spawns? When killing a patchcraft (insert name), it'll immediately spawn another one, then a patchcraft keeper. But when we tame one, we don't get the next spawn at all. I wonder if this is creating issues with the game getting another spawn up, and if that might be why it's sometimes impossible to find them.

I ask because I was experimenting with the taming a bit (wanted to see if they always stayed the color you tamed), and after taming howlers from two different spawn points in the Commonlands, I could not find a third to save my life. Took almost a half-hour from the second tamed howler to find another in the Commonlands (though 10 minutes of that I'd gone to DLW). However, once I started just killing the spawns, I'd find another one very quickly.

Got me wondering if the system was somehow still showing a particular spawn round as active/engaged when the beast was tamed, rather than completed/killed. I don't know what specific flags the game uses to know if it needs to respawn a particular encounter, but might be a good idea to double-check that flag is being triggered when a patchcraft critter is tamed.

edit: Oh, mum, confirmed that the patchcraft snappers do come in the yellow/green/blue variety.
    [IMG]
  18. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Please yes! The effects are pretty.. but no more charged fireworks, please. House launchers would be great!

As a side note. I hope we can get the other two patchwork critters as plushes this year... even if it is via SC.
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

BOUNCY CUBES! :D

Will Chronoportals not be on Test?
  20. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Bouncy cubes are insanely fun. I want to carpet a Tenebrous Island with them! Or maybe a Halfling Vale, a little nicer.

Massive kudos to whoever came up with the voiceover texts for the patchcraft keepers. Love them so much!