Bristlebane Day, 2014 [Feedback and Bugs]

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Extemper, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Generally, I've either gotten a slightly creepy (it's those button eyes...) new friend for one of my alts if they're Beastlords or 3 coins off the gobbo. That's it. :-/

Uwk
  2. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I have a cape on the broker as we speak. But for the most part, I need manas and infusions, and infusions to distill into manas to get some superior adorns on the ones I had set aside. Prices for the cloaks and belts are starting to dip, so I figured the best thing for me is to mute them and use them for superior adorns.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Are you saying, you have a patchcraft warder? Now that'd be hilarious! Then again it might be scarious! lol.
  4. Lera Well-Known Member

Is the scavenger hunt going to be fixed before the event ends so we can get the new achievement? The goblin will not sell the starter if we've done the quest in previous years. It used to be infinitely repeatable.
  5. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Hmm. He has been selling it to my characters who did it in previous years. Wonder what is causing some to not be able to buy it?

There are 4 patchwork warders for BLs. :)
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Look in your quest journal for Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt. Is it completed?

~ Kaitheel
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been able to get the Scavenger Hunt for my oldsters, largely because the new Achievement requirements didn't count ANYTHING they'd done before and they HAD to get it again, but I only tried to get it after I'd finished "Ratical." :-/

And yep, my two Beastlords now have 3-4 patchwork warders each! My female BL (Beastlady?) already had a Wolf (Canine), so she didn't try for the Howler, but got the Bear, the Crab (thank goodness it was Aquatic, and not Vermin; was worried I'd need the level 40 quest for that one), and the Badger (RODENT?! Uh-uh! Weasel-type; these guys usually eat rodents for breakfast [and second breakfast, and elevensies, and lunch, and supper, and tea-time, and dinner, and midnight snack, and...]!). My male BL wasn't so ambitious right off the bat and really liked his initial Feline, so was able to get all four patchies. ;->

Uwk
  8. Calthine Well-Known Member

My last thought on Bristlebane Day: Tin Metal Protection was a ridiculous little quest series that really set the tone of BBDay for me, and I with I could do it again.
  9. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Wulftalon is my Beastlord, and Patchcraft creatures are not his cup of tea. He would like to tame a couple of those shadowy creatures that have popped up across Norrath since just before the channelers came. I'd Like to get a shadowy lion, and a stag as warders, unfortunately I already did the Arrow of Spirit quest and can no longer see shadowy creatures, even if Im in a group and a member of the group sees them and engages them, they still don't ahow up. What a drag, I shoulda thought of taming one when my beastlord was on the quest.
  10. Lera Well-Known Member

Oddly, it was. No idea how that happened. I got it deleted *sniffle* by a GM and could then start it again.
  11. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I've tamed the shadowy creatures on my beastlord - they revert to normal model once tamed.

While I was disappointed, I think this actually makes some sense lore-wise. The shadow creatures are tormented/corrupted by the new truespirit. Beastlords, being called by and connected to the truespirits, may be able to heal them of that in forming the warder bond. The best channellers can manage is to ease the torment by taking the animal's spirit into themselves. Then they can infuse the spirit into other materials to give them some semblance of life.
  12. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Excellent point. I still want something like that.

So let's just say, having grown more powerful since her re-emergence, Anashti Sul releases a curse which fully infuses some creatures with the void. In an effort to restore order, it'd be up to the beastlords to control the violent behavior of the creatures by linking with themselves with the void-infused creature through the truespirit. The creatures would then be able to hold their animal form and consciousness intact, with the only side-affect being they would retain a bluish-black shading of their fur with glowing red eyes from the void residue. Infected creatures would then have void-infused procs.
  13. Calthine Well-Known Member

Okay, my really last thing: The Sinking Sands Hoppy thingie only has sound effects if you are in 3rd person. In 1st person, no boingy sounds.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good lord! You did that in 1st person?? =8-0

Uwk
    who had a hard enough time with his Horde doing that in 3rd person... ;->
    Naramsin likes this.
  15. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I concur, it felt like trying to walk around on an inflated trampoline. Hard as the dickens to get very high, Lol

Nara

Who was moving around that ride like he was plastered on Captain Morgan, Yo! Ho! Ho!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! ;->

I must admit, the one that did the best on that was my male Troll... :-/

Which was kind of annoying. I mean, I like the Hearts a' Flutter one (who wouldn't? Run around collecting hearts. No mess, no fuss, no added obstacles, it's great!). Then we have the stupid tables in the way in Butcherblock, trying to get the beers and gobboes. I think our powers of imagination are good enough, we don't need the stupid tables in the way. :-/ Then there's the bloody cabbages in Enchanted Lands for Bristlebane's, which I'm getting used to dealing with, but it's damn near impossible when you've got other racers there (I am SOOOOOO glad they took off that stupid "must have 3 people signed up to make it work" crap!). And now we have short critters/people penalized. Not everyone has access to "growth formulas," nor is everyone an Ogre that can grow even bigger. >:-/

You get us an item like the Mystic Moppet Billy thing that works the other way, SOE, then we'll talk. ;->

Uwk
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

My ratonga BL has all 4 of the patchwork warders
  18. Calthine Well-Known Member

Actually, you're mistaken. Remember those bone shard collections that give petrified eyes? Those eyes give you a racial illusion, which means anyone who did the collection can be an ogre. http://eq2.zam.com/db/item.html?eq2item=bc225890f71ce69e3df00ea8feb5bbf3
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Did the collection and has an extra piece of the collection lying around as well (how many of us forget that and Broker or Vendor trash 'em?), but I see your point. ;->

It's still annoying, though. In the "horizontal" races, you just have to be roughly in the same county as an item you're going for (sometimes, like with the Cabbages, even when you don't want to be!); with the bouncing thing, apparently you better hit the things dead-on or forget it. :-/

Uwk
  20. Calthine Well-Known Member

It's one race. You need to do it once for the achievement or be really stubborn if you want the whole outfit or are a completionist. Certainly not worth all this bruhaha :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.