Brewday Bugs and Feedback 2014

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Extemper, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Uwk - you're waiting on a Test patch for those fixes.

Alenna/Silvan - Lizabethan kindly made and placed it and the other crafted bits in the HoT hall ... BUT, the stew is going to be fixed (as per Gnobrin in a facebook thread that went wild last night) :D

Now that I am back from the hospital, I am working on grinding enough coins to get the new buyables so we can get size comparisons for them all, and check them for placement issues.

~Mum
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

More EDITing: well, the good news with the Noise quest is that I can't figure out how to get below the bar, so I guess I'm safe. ;->
    Unless, of course, it's one of the options you can choose from with Rasel Alechaser's quest... X-P

Uwk
    Calthine likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...okay. ;->

And is the Facebook thread still up, or was it only in "Chat"? ;->

Hugs! Take it easy; don't stress anything, we can wait a day or two. ;->

Uwk
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

So the "What's that noise" is in but not scaling? I wonder if I should ignore it at the moment at 16 I expect to be used as a floor mop.

Niami - Hope things are well if you want the locked bar I have one (I got the disco) and am not doing anything with it. Seems to be a decent size by default (basically same size as the one in Antonica)

Technically it's a bug (but I don't mind it) Drinks are on the house has no timer between attempts, or is this a test only thing?
  5. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I don't think "What's that noise" involves fighting.. so it doesn't have to scale. (If I am correct, anyway)
  6. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I just went back in and now I can see it. Perhaps it was having too many shots while delivering beers that did it. I see it fine now.
  7. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Just did the race and got the new prize. Is there any way it could be changed into a permanent firework instead of a charged item? I really do not like charged items. They just fill up my bags and then I don't want to use them because they are charged. I think this has been a complaint in past years as well. If that can't be changed, could a house version of that firework be added as an additional prize choice, like was done last year?
  8. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

By the way.. I really love the shamrock explosion.and bagpipe sound!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, how do you get beneath the dang bar? I've jumped up and down on the floor, I've bashed myself against the walls, all hoping for a secret, "invisible" opening, run my fingers all along the walls and bar, looking for something to click, nothing. And Zam hasn't been updated yet. :-/

Uwk
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And this might be a non-necessary nit-pick, but why is it all the recipes, including the new ones for this year, talk about "raw" this and "raw" that when those don't really exist any more? We harvest metal "clusters" and "severed" this or that or "rough" stone types, etc. The only real "raw" things any more are from Shrubs and Bushes; this might be confusing to new players. :-/

Uwk
  11. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

In the bar of Brell.. in those little side rooms, the one nearest the merchant.. go toward the curtain in the back and go through it. Once in the basement go through it looking at the floor. In one of the little side rooms, there's a square trap door. It's clicky. That gets you to the sub basement.
  12. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

NEW TOKENS aaaaaargh

[IMG]
  13. Lizabethan Active Member

Actually, I didn't find the tokens that bad. The race gives 5 for 100+ goblins (or is it 90?) and with gold membership we get double. With all the quests and the repeatable.. I'm alright with this one.
  14. Mophia Active Member

Ok, no feathers over the heads of the new quest givers. I got the Noise one, but couldn't work out what to do when I got into the Serilian Bar. Picked up the second new quest, but they kept sobering up too quick!!!

Then I crashed on zoning and lost the Noise quest from journal. Also when you open journal to look at the new quests to work out what you have to do, I have no info showing in the journal, just a blank sheet .

So while I wait for info on the new stuff, I'm working on the old stuff and achievements.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

That is good I"m afraid I am now in search of some strong brain detergent now to get rid of the images that came to mind when I saw that.

Glad you are back and hope it wasn't too serious.

P.S. I may be changing the name of my Test character. If there is not someone already on Test with the variation of what I orignially wanted for my Ranger on Test.
  16. Spindle Well-Known Member

Mum,

Even though the hospital said it was okay to come home please don't let the new event send you back there. Better yet, please don't let super nit type pickers send you back to the hospital.

You always come through for us. There is no race to report bugs and placate the nagging types. I'd rather have you around than read 100 "But, what if I CAN'T do this' type posts per hour. I also do not care if your always excellent reporting and stories are not on Traders before the event starts. Personal health is more important.

That said, I've a comparative newbie on Test to check out the event.

Hugs,
    Gwennie
  17. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I try to look at things from the perspective of a new person. and not one that has played for years and has houses full of quest rewards. This holiday has some of the best house item quest rewards of all. I am always running alts to get pink elephats and all the other great plushies. Choosing coins instead just isn't a good option and there is no good way to grind them like Eday or NoTD so the high priced token items are painful even to me as a vet.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Avahlynn like this.
  18. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to make a teleport door version of the barrel room door, basically with teleport pad scripting?
    One that could be set onto the door on the locked barrel room? That way, we could make our own pubs that could be ported to from the door. :)

For that matter, I would love to see other doors that could work as teleporters within houses as well.

--------------------------------------------------------

Why not just make the tokens part of the rewards rather than one choice? That is the way it is for Erollisi.
  19. Spindle Well-Known Member

Bug: Quest Black Swill for Blackswell
    Step: Teller needs Gorowyn Pepper Swill from Eurkon Al'ouz, bartender in Gorowyn.

There is no book over Eurkon's head letting people know this is the quest sarnak. There are two bartenders in Gorowyn; one on the dock and one in the volcano. The one needed is in the volcano pub. Given Gorowyn's geography one could run around forever without seeing the correct bartender. The normal RED BOOK would really help. Thanks
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

?Drinks are on the house does have a timer to it as I found out timer if you don't get all three rounds done in before you are no longer drunk you have to start all over again and with someone like me on a low end system or someone with a poor connection it makes it impossible to do like the poisned otter quest in cobalt scar a very frustrating time for me and not fun at all. so this is one reward I"m never going to get. which is a disapointment but one i guess i'll have ot live with and a quest i'll never be able to finish. i do hope it is not one of the ones needed for the brewday achievement or esle I will be a very unhappy camper as I have alts that have not finished that achievement last year.