Brewday Bugs and Feedback 2014

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Extemper, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Extemper Developer

Grab a stein and celebrate Brewday! The shouts of rowdy patrons located near every player city will lead you to The Bar of Brell where new and classic adventures await those thirsty and foolhardy enough to enter. While you’re there, be sure to check out all the nooks and crannies, as there have been some strange and boisterous noises coming from below the bar. And as you're crawling through the bars and drinking holes throughout Norrath, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special items of interest to collect!

New Brewday Festival features for '14!
    • New Event Coin - Beer Tokens! These are now selectable rewards from many Brewday quests.
    • New Quest - "What is That Noise?!"
    • New Repeatable Quest (every two hours) - "Drinks Are On The House!"
    • 7 new event merchant items being sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell.
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V" sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
    Returning Brewday Festival features for '14!
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • The Great Brewday Pub Crawl
      • Festive Furniture
      • Pub N' Suds
      • Drunk Level: Dwarf
      • Can't Hold Their Liquor
    • Bountiful Brewday gardens can only be seen when wearing the "Ale Goggles" head equipment. They spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • The Entrance to the Bar of Brell in Antonica, Commonlands, Haven, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Frostfang Sea.
    • Valla Brewhammer's riddle quest "Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew." Collect all of the flora harvestables and give them to Valla and she will reward you with the clover carpet mount.
    • Brews Across Norrath holiday collection found at different bars and drinking holes throughout Norrath. Rewards the Kaladim Brew cloak. [Updated for Qeynos]
    • Tradeskill recipe books sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Brewday High-tech Distilleries
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
    • Quest: "Snoogle's Presentation" – Repeatable once per year.
      • New Reward: Beer Token
    • Quest: "Beers for Brell!" – Repeatable once per year.
    • Quest: "Brell's Everlasting Brew" – Repeatable once per year.
    • Quest: "Ale Goggles" – Repeatable once per year.
    • Quest: “Thurgadin Ice Brew” – Repeatable once per year.
    • Quest: “Black Swill for Blackswell” – Not repeatable.
    • Quest: “Deep Within Hammerhall” – Repeatable once per year.
    • "Rummage for Answers" – Repeatable once per year.
    • Brewday Beer Guardin’: Butcherblock- Repeatable
      • Enormous Prize Bag New Reward: Fireworks: Raining Luck
      • Enormous Prize Bag New Reward: Beer Token
      • Huge Prize Bag New Reward: Beer Token
      • Big Prize Bag New Reward: Beer Token
      • Small Prize Bag New Reward: Beer Token
    This event content is currently set to run 03/6/2014 at 12:01 AM PAC time until 03/17/2014 at 11:59 PM PAC time on the live servers.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Extemper Developer

Currently known issue: The quest: "What is That Noise?!" offered by Mraugl Stonecrusher is behaving badly now that it's on Test and doesn't seem to want to update, nor show any detail in the quest journal. I am looking into a fix for this as we speak.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.
  3. Chronia Member

Enough with the annoying event tokens already! It is very frustrating, mind numbing, and tedious to have to grind, grins grind, away at the same quests, mobs etc, to get a bunch of tokens just so you can buy the event items! Just leave the events alone and keep merchant items purchasable with in normal in game currency already. We need a way to be able to reduce the amount of plat, gold etc in game anyway. So stop it with the annoying tokens that make us grind forever to get hundreds of tokens to get the items we want in an already constricted time frame.
  4. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I got through "What's that Noise". OW, the drunk hurts! It all went well, but I couldn't get out of the bar afterward. I like the new plushies and the door! A flight mount would have been nice though.
  5. Miragian Well-Known Member

I deleted and retook the quest but don't seem to be able to find even the first update. Made it into the Serillian bar but only thing I found there is the option to do the drinks are on the house quest.
  6. Miragian Well-Known Member

Still will not update at all for me, then again I can't delete it from my journal either (or click on it in the journal)

Bit expensive for the locked barrel room when it doesn't do anything. (80 coins)
  7. Dawnya@AB Active Member

I agree the locked barrel room is awfully expensive at 80 coins and so is the door at 30... I'd never save up enough for them.
  8. Lizabethan Active Member

Alrighty, just got done making and placing the craftables.

Just a few bits of feedback!

-Great job on scaling this time, guys. No issues. The Pot of Mulled wine does get huge (halfling-and-a-half), but I'm going to chalk that up to "hey, ogres need to drink too" ;)
    - Both the Brown Velvet and Flowered Green sets of curtains are made at a work bench with coal as the fuel. The other curtains from E-Day are made at the sewing table with filament.
    - Not really a bug, but.. the Bowl of Beef Stew. Is there any, ANY way to get the art team to reconsider this one? Maybe chop the beef bits up? I can't unsee what I'm seeing right now concerning the giant sausage in the middle of the bowl. Have Tom look at it the way I am, and then after the giggling, help me out here. I just.. can't unsee.
    - And finally, thank you for more curtains!
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I second and third this. In the words of George Takei, "Oh myyyyyyyyyy"
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Excuse me, Chef. This stew, ahem... smells a bit odd.
  11. Lizabethan Active Member

Almost what we meant. Almost.
  12. Extemper Developer

The exit is on the ceiling at the top of the ladder next to the bar - did you find it, or was the trapdoor just not clickable?
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

is it in the guildhall Denmum? Silvan wants to see it. or is she being naughty wanting to?
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's probably in one of the recipes... ;->

Uwk
    whose Test alts haven't gotten quite that far yet ;->
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dunno about the locked room, but yeah, the new quest (What is That Noise?!) apparently doesn't understand the old "if you're level 92, that used to be the old level cap, so that means you Scale to whatever level the person is getting it" bit. The alt who took this isn't level 92 by any means, and is NOT going to do any quest that requires fighting that's 2-3 times his level. Went to delete this red thing (is this designed to be a quest only for high levels? thanks so much... >:-/) and found "The quest 'What is That Noise?!' is non-deletable." None of the rest of my alts will be getting this; maybe Uwk, maybe, once it goes live; at least it's only 7 levels above him. :-/

Uwk
  16. Extemper Developer

Fixes coming through soon:

Curtains will now use the sewing table and filaments.
    The max scale on the Pot of Mulled Wine has been reduced.
    The "What is That Noise!?" quest has been fixed.

For the quest, if you happen to have it on your character, you'll have to grab it again.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, it's in one of the new recipes...for those that haven't seen it yet, well, let me just say...you might want to give the Faundler in the Darklight Woods Grotto a break; you'd be antsy, too, after something like that. ;->

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Excellent! Thanks! Does this mean we can kill it and retake it, then? Awesome! :D

Too bad about the reduced scale on that Pot, though; it sounded perfect for my Ogre and Trolls. :-/

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

EDIT: Woot! The blasted quest is gone! :D

Looks like the Curtain recipes haven't been fixed, though, so I'll have to re-log...darn. Maybe I should make the big Pot first... ;->

EDIT: Hmm...logged to Desktop, came back in, the Curtain recipes still using Coal. Should I try to get the book again, or will it be fixed in a later patch? :-/

EDIT of Edit: Well, I went to try picking up the Noise quest again, and got the same issue: it doesn't scale, if it's supposed to, and I can't delete it again. X-P

Uwk
    who really hopes I can go elsewhere in the Bar of Brell and not have it activate on me...
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

About the recipes: I got the Brewday High-tech Distilleries book before, but I can't recall who sold the various ingredients we needed: the Small Thurgadin Distillery and the Subjectulation Mobilizton Draft Agitator 6000 for the Mechanized Thurgadin Distillery, and the Compressulized Fermentron 2500 for the Super Mechanized Thurgadin Distillery. I seem to recall it might've been Balin Copperfoot in prior years, but he doesn't have them any more (though the funky-named stuff with the version numbers sound awfully gnomish). :-/

Ah! Right...the Small Thurgadin Distilleries are a potential quest reward, but what about the other items? :-/

Also: do you get "Drinks are On the House!" in Butcherblock? It doesn't seem to show up in the Bar of Brell?

Uwk