Brawler Ethereal - Ironfist, the Breaker

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xiaolong, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Xiaolong New Member

Hey community, dear devs,

I was pretty excited about the new brawler offhand weapon in the third wave, since the ethereals are the FIRST weapons a brawler can consider being worth wielding for tanking in the AoM expansion (since the fabled-kos-shiny-weapon-is-still-the-best-etc.)

But there is an issue you might have not thought about, dear devs:

The mainhand tank ethereal is 6.0 sec delay, and the brawler weapon is 4.0

Mainhand:

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3397015546

Brawler off-hand:

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3776319139

IS THERE any possibility to change the delay of those weapons (not in like 2 months or 3 months with the new DLC, but right now) or did you do this thing on purpose?

If its on purpose, youre destroying one of those both weapons worth wielding, since different delay renders it pretty worthless, which would be bad, since plate-wearing fighters have got nice shield)

So PLEASE either make the off-hand 6.0 sec or one of both weapons changeable, since there is no alternative in the loottable for brawlers for tanking right now (not even high-end raid, which is pretty sad)

So long,

Xiaolong
    Noizette and Beee like this.
  2. Poufe New Member

Agreed
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

+1. Assuming oversight in creation.
  4. Reevar Active Member

Also the fighter shield has 10 block and 5 MIT ... The oss 2 shield has 11.4 MIT and 31.4 block
  5. Liou_Unrest Active Member

Don't forget, the Brawler ethereal is OFF HAND only as well, even though it is not LORE. Off hand only, uncommon delay, where other fighters can use all 3 ethereals.... brawlers get the short end of the stick here.
  6. Xiaolong New Member

so please devs, fix or change this
  7. Ansom Active Member

So... Dev finally make a 4s weapon for brawler, to bad is the only one in game (in aom) with mit, and just for fun, with a bad proc. :(
    Malleria likes this.
  8. Xelephere New Member

Dev's please fix this so Brawlers can use all 3 Ethereal weapons just like the Plate Fighters can!

X.
  9. Ansom Active Member

Or better, just put in the change armor npc, the 2 tank eth. the weapon from wave1 with 4s, and this one with 6s.
  10. Alexander001 New Member

11. Quizall New Member

Hi Community,

I have just gotten the new Ethereal Ironfist, the Breaker, and have relized I cant use it. I'm currently wearing Zlandicar's Bloodsoaked Riven Heart, which is also an Off Hand Weapon. This must be a mistake, I cant give up my current weapon (Zlandicar's) as we have had such a limited selection off weapons we can use, please can use remove the Off Hand ability so all weapons can be used as main or off hand.
  12. Yahku Active Member

Hey devs,

i strongly agree with the request. Every class gets three very nice weapons which really fit together (or at least has an unrealistic small chance to get them) - all but the brawlers. Don't you like the brawlers anymore?

It is just like said before, some weapons from the last expansion are way better then everything from AoM raids, thats pretty annoying. The only worthwhile option - the ethereal weapons from group content - comes up with unfitting delay?

And i have to re-emphasize: Do not just ignore it and wait until its not actual anymore - it can't be too hard for a dev to change the delay of one item!

So far from me

Yahku
  13. Yahku Active Member

Not even a reaction within more than a week? So i guess we have to live with 6+4 seconds and a main hand weapon which always is delayed further by the offhand? . . .
  14. Ruckus Well-Known Member

There was a collection quest a few expansions ago that gave you a gem that you could click on the weapon that would turn it into a 2.0, 4.0, or 6.0 delay. You could then toggle it back and forth, depending on your needs.

There was also a heritage quest that could toggle between a 1h and a 2h.

Anything that is mythical or ethereal should have some sort of a way to toggle that weapon into a 2.0, 4.0, 6.0 delay, and allow it to go back and forth between a 1h to 2h.
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

The new reforging 2.0 system (i forget what they called it) coming in the campansion will allow for changing weapon delays. Whether that actually happens or not I dunno, but it'll solve it in the long term if it does. Ironfist should definitely be changed though.
  16. Ansom Active Member

If with the new system will be able to change an old weapon. Is a pretty big "if".

But for the next month, the brawler weapon will be very nice only for charge the deity altar.
  17. Margaritas Active Member

Could we get this looked at please? I thought this whole summer ethereal deal was intended to include weapons for all classes for every slot. Why are brawlers left out in the cold again?

Well at least it's a step up from being completely forgotten like usual. Please fix either weapon so the speeds match. I went over to the forge to post it and glad someone beat me to it. I am not happy with the response. So it's not a bug, it is a balancing issue. So this is intended?

Please fix this. And keep brawlers in your mind next weapon set. Recent mythical drops were not even flagged for brawlers until fixed, AoM had no fists dropping (finally fixed with Caisson), and now they can't get best in slot with matching speeds.
  18. Poufe New Member

Can we get a response to this? a simple yes it will be looked at or no its as intended would be fine?
    Noizette likes this.
  19. Margaritas Active Member

Please look at this. I have a feeling this won't get looked at because there are not enough brawlers to make a fuss. :(
    Malleria likes this.
  20. Koko Well-Known Member

Tangent to topic, but related. Mantis Star (brawler %hp debuff) cannot be used with the ethereal ranged because it is not flagged as a ranged weapon.
    Malleria likes this.