Bonus XP: Friday, Sept 18 - Friday, Sept 25

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Misstake Well-Known Member

So my basic thought is this "If you, as a F2P member, got EXACTLY what I, as a subscriber gets, then why am I even paying. I do subscribe because we get benefits and double xp and the like. However as a F2P you get to play the game for free. You still get access to the content that goes with that and everything else. If everyone went F2P then this game wouldn't be around long.

PS: Thank you DB for the 2x XP. I am excited to get my toons up in adventuring and crafting for the next expansion and just before the merge.
    Prissetta, Belenos, Majesty and 2 others like this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

They get to play the game to level 90 or 95 FREE. That in itself is a perk. They pay for internet, they pay for the computer they play on and I've seen some of their builds which are nicer then what I have had in the past. They claim to buy from the market place, yet state they can't afford 14.99 a month. Doesn't add up in my mind. Everyone and yes everyone waste 14.99 a month on something they don't really need. It comes down to priorities.
    Goldheart, Nooloon, Squeeble and 2 others like this.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that DB listened when the folks that are stuck working on the weekends and didn't get to partake of the previous double xp. I think it is great that they now will have a chance to partake in the double xp for the entire week. Great job DB :D!
  4. Filly67 Well-Known Member

I know this is going to receive back lash but I am just so sick of the F2P cry that they just can't afford a sub. If I couldn't come up with a $15/month sub I would be out working a second job not playing games on line.
    Mitten, Goldheart, Nooloon and 3 others like this.
  5. Madelinerose Member

I for one appreciate that the double xp that will last for a week. I am always working the weekends when they have this. and...once, just once I'd love to see them give us something without an 8 page ***** fest over it. Thank you daybreak!
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  6. Nantoh Member

Just ignore news about this kind.
    I think most F2Pers do so every time.
    Whoever enjoys a game is a winner.
    xspicysnowballx likes this.
  7. Squeeble New Member

I have only been playing on the TLE servers for a week or two, and wasn't a player until around 2009. So did Moonlight Enchantment events and holiday events not exist at launch? Are we not gonna get Nights of the Dead on Stormhold???

If that's the case, it's back to Crushbone-soon-to-be-Maj'Dul for me! :eek:
  8. straz0531 New Member

wow, i think it so funny peeps who play for free complain that they dont get to get double xp are u serious or just dump, im free to play and noway in hell i complain that i dont get double xp, when im all acess thats part of the reason to be all acess and when xpac comes out and servers get fixed ill go all acess until then no thx
  9. Avirodar Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Belenos, Goldheart and Nooloon like this.
  10. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I'll come back at this one because I've known too many people who work two jobs, and who's spouse works one, and still every month is a balancing act between the car payments and the plumbing repair and the doctor bill for kid who got sick and the dental bill for the kid who needs braces and the dog needs to go to the vet and before you know it the money is gone and there's still another week to payday. I will not begrudge someone their entertainment because we all need something to look forward to and I have no idea what is going on in their lives which is balanced by a couple hours a week playing a fantasy game.
    Seni likes this.
  11. Gharish Active Member

No, we are getting nothing as far as events and holidays and guide events go and no perks either. As I've stated before..I dont want the x2 xp but an acknowledgement that we the paying players on the new servers are appreciated. And if this doesnt change soon I'll be back on AB and SH can die for all i care.
  12. LordTiras Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, the best way to fix the debate over whether f2p people are "supporting the game" is to bring back Silver. Up the amount you have to spend, make that cumulative, or some time of sub (not 1 month, say 6?), and that establishes that those people have put into the system. Then include them in most bonus events (there should be a few all-access only things I think).
  13. Squeeble New Member

Well that's poopy. I'll continue to enjoy Stormhold until NotD starts on the live servers, then I'll pick up where I left off with my "real" toons. And to think, I dumped some extra cash into my TLE server toons to get them some sweet duds off the marketplace! Bah!
  14. Eradani Well-Known Member

just saying... f2p can get double xp this week by buying something off the marketplace - it's called a krono and they'll get lots of other advantages for a whole month by buying one and using it.
    Enoibia and Rhodris like this.
  15. Gabriel Merkava New Member

Honestly, the TLE servers were half-arsed. For those whom are guessing why we would want double XP there. None of the T5 Raid gear was re-itemized. So, while there are a few decent pieces here and there, most of it completely sucks. Actually, most of the gear drops for vanilla TLE version sucks. They pushed it out waaaaay too effing early. IF they would have taken a little more time and actually put in the effort, I could see where Vanilla could last maybe another month and be viable tops. Our only hope now is that more people actually get to 50 faster, realize that the end game is much more worse than it was back on original release (which also caused a lot of people to leave the game back then), and then push the server to appropriate expansions.

Furthermore, the people of the TLE's never voted, or demanded that we not be apart of bonus xp events. That's an outright lie by the EQ2 Team.
  16. Gabriel Merkava New Member

Do any of your friends work as an English Teacher? You could really use their help if they do. If you live beyond your means, it's your fault, plain and simple. If you are having to do all of that, just to pay bills, you need to spend less time playing online games, and work on your real life priorities instead. Maybe take that time and group up with a financial planner instead?
    Goldheart likes this.
  17. Kirzan New Member

How much do YOU give in return for them providing you with countless hours of entertainment?

"nothing really"

What's the saying again? What you give is what you get. There you go.
    Goldheart and Misstake like this.
  18. Nelie Well-Known Member

I agree with 2 things here:

1) Free-to-Play members should sub if they want double xp. Free-to-Play got a BUNCH of stuff paying members used to pay for (gear quality un-restricted, spells up to master, coin cap removed, etc.). Just be glad Free-to-Play is how it is now. It COULD be way worse.

2) No double xp for TLE servers. Why? I don't want to see many new threads per day complaining about how double xp made its way onto the server and how they are supposedly "forced" to "RUSH" because they either don't want to turn off bonuses themselves or don't know how to.
    Filly67 likes this.
  19. Strings Well-Known Member

Subscription doesn't determine your max level. FTP players can reach level 100 if they own AOM.
  20. Nooloon Active Member

Attacking people because of poor grammar or spelling on a forum about a game is pretty damn shameful. You know NOTHING about the person you attacked besides what they've written on a game forum, so do not make assertions about how they should live. I personally know many people who already work multiple jobs, do not live extravagantly, and still cannot pay the expenses. Are they also living beyond their means? I don't think so, but that subject and your opinions on it has no place in a forum about a GAME!
    Seni, Mitten and Haloek like this.