Bonus XP: Friday, Sept 18 - Friday, Sept 25

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Goldheart Member

You get what you are paying for.
    Prissetta, suka and Kalderon like this.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

That comes to my mind: "What you pay, is what you get" Even it sounds harsh :eek:

If none would pay, why DBG maintain? Thanks DBG (Event tho, i dont know which char i should push....)

Aditional, im not into that TLE thing, but when, i would enjoy as long as it last and not rush to the highend, as i do on live.
  3. Ratza Well-Known Member

Anything purchased with SC is a perk....you do not need those items to play FTP or to play as an All Access members.....and anything available and purchased by FTP in the SC store is also available and purchased by All Access members too. You are implying that All Access members do not by anything outside of their monthly membership which is untrue.
  4. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The bronze/silver/gold model went away a while ago - I think when all accounts went all access. Now it's either you're all-access and paying a subscription, or you're ftp and not paying a subscription. However, anyone who had a paid sub before the switch got 'silver' status grandfathered in, so if they drop to ftp they still have the old silver perks. But no one else can get the silver perks anymore.
    suka and Adevil like this.
  5. Taemek Member

Are you fricken serious? You get to play for free, what more do you want?
    suka likes this.
  6. Breta Well-Known Member

It's all about priorities you have clearly decided that a guild rename, fluff mount and prestige house is more important to you then a subscription. You know what the perks of sub are but clearly it's not worth the asking price for you, so I'm really not sure why do you cry about it now. It has been this way for a while now and it makes a sense, otherwise what would be a point of the sub except for double currency?

Last time I checked all access people were paying a monthly fee for these perks, while you know you get everything else for free. I guess you can never have enough free stuff.
  7. Filly67 Well-Known Member

If this effected guild status I would jump to live and get the last three levels my guild needs. But since it isn't, I will stay on Stormhold and enjoy the gameplay. I barely play the last expansion on live, and we only purchased it on one out of three accounts. Not likely to buy the next expansion for any of them. Just not worth it to us. I am happy to play on the TL without an xp bonus. But the offer is appreciated even so.
    Rhodris and suka like this.
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

How about most of the game without having to pay a penny?
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I really would like double status as well. I swear there was a post that said we would be having all the different kinds of double weekends but we have only had double xp so far and the year is almost over. Lots of us are hanging on to turn in Newsies. Usually the double status is for everyone not just all access members. Should do a double status and double currency or something together so all get the double status and all access gets the double currency as well so members are getting more perks but free to play gets something useful as well.
    Prissetta and Corisu like this.
  10. Corisu Member

Sorry about that Lenanu. In the old days I do recall they had it set up so that, for example, three days of the bonus experience would be for members, one day would be for free. I think it would be nice if they did that sometimes these days too. I can understand the frustration. At times my accounts have had to go free too, and probably would have all year, if it wasn't for being able to sell on the broker and kronos.

They have added in a lot of things for free though compared to what it used to be.

I hope they do end up adding in a little bit of goodies for non access at times as far as double experience etc is concerned.

That all being said, I think I would have liked double status too. That one status mount requires a really high amount of status points and Corisu could use the double status to try and get a little bit closer to it.
    suka and Katz like this.
  11. santargria Well-Known Member

First off I think it's great to get another dbl xp - I love these things and it's a nice gift after the fiasco of yesterday that scared so many of use with locked toons.

I understand the monthly expense can be tough for those on a very tight budget - disabled, students and what not. But the entertainment value alone based on value per dollar is higher than just about anything you can do today for entertainment.

IMO the amt is minimal and there must be something that can be given up each month to make that expense easier to handle.

So let's figure this out together, maybe there's something you haven't considered yet - $15 a month (rounded up)...
    • 2 cups of starbucks per month not drank?
    • 1 month of HBO or other premium channel - how often is it really watched if you're playing?
    • 2 lunches/dinners a month at a fast food restaurant not eaten? - eating at home is much cheaper and healthier
    • Using a less expensive cell phone provider and cheaper phone - do you really need that expensive iphone? I use boost -$30 a month - used to have at&t for $300 - that's where my 2 full access accts came from
    • 1 less movie theater ticket per month?
    • You could split the cost with someone you trust implicitly - each having 4 toons or whatever else you purchase - that brings it down to $7
    There must be other ways people can afford the $15 a month - no?
    Rhodris, Moonpanther and suka like this.
  12. Draco New Member

Ok, I am one of the people who want to keep the TLE moving slowly, but even I do not see any reason why we cant have these double XP weekends too, between that and the holidays it feels like we are being cheated some. I played back in vanilla and we had double xp back then too, so really, there is no excuse.
    suka likes this.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

You get to play a great game for free right up to level 95. Instead of acting ungrateful and entitled, subscribe and join in the double XP fun on live! Either that, or count your blessings that All-Access people around you are paying your way so to speak. Diamonds and gold bars don't fall down from the skies onto anyone; our devs and the server hamsters have to eat too, or it's lights out for EQ2.
    Rhodris, Moonpanther and suka like this.
  14. Veta Well-Known Member

Double currency would be amazing
    GadZook likes this.
  15. Timmy J New Member

Why do F2P's always no matter what game complain about what people with subs get ? maybe get the money up and get an access pass yourselves , be greatful you can play some of this at all I remeber a few years back F2P didn't even get this much , farm for gold buy a krono and get a sub simple as that.
    Siren, Moonpanther and Breta like this.
  16. Breta Well-Known Member

This. We just had a double xp weekend recently so I couldn't be too fussed.
  17. Draco New Member

Oh and as to the free to play people, too bad, then pay for a sub, never understood why you guys should ask for anything. Ftp was the worst and most useless MMO idea ever and I'm glad to see it going under slowly.
    Siren and Moonpanther like this.
  18. Poisonhawk Active Member

I call you guys out when crud hits the fan but now I'm posting to say, "Thank You!" now I need to log in and see if I can play all my characters so I can take advantage of the double exp. Yesterday half my chars were locked......
    Rhodris likes this.
  19. finum New Member

Demand a refund.
    Filly67 likes this.
  20. Ratala Active Member

After reading most of the posts here, I'm shocked Daybreak gives us anything for free. Hopefully they realize that what is posted here doesn't represent how most feel about their "gift" of double experience.

Not everyone is level 100. Not everyone is maxed in crafting. Not everyone is maxed in AA's.