Betray Token is 50 Loyalty Tokens??

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ecugia88, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Zookeeper Active Member

I finally betrayed one of my characters to the opposite faction...since that is an experience I had never taken advantage of.
    For a first-timer, it was not fun or quick.
    Haven has no interior map. I ran around wasting a lot of time trying to find things and remember NPC's or objects
    to guide me to various sections.

I looked at guides online, and I found them rather confusing. I guess they were written by someone who had betrayed,
    and was not writing for someone who was just beginning and felt that they were floundering in a morass of
    text that did not simplify the process into a 1 Do This, 2 Do That, 3 Find place at these coords in this zone, etc.
    I found the process rather confusing and frustrating. I couldn't always find the NPC I wanted at the coords given
    in the guide.
    I finally found a quest in Kelethin regarding Fingerlings...placing newly-hatched fish into various bodies of water.

http://eq2.zam.com/db/quest.html?eq2quest=8b59171f790c90498378c2b897872f36

That quest brought my faction up and I was surprised when I got the notice that I was good aligned and could
    choose my home. If I had done that from the start, I probably would have been done much faster.

I could not complete it in 15 minutes, however. There is travel time to a destination and back to the quest giver
    to figure in, as well.
    I didn't know any "trick" to get faster completion because no one has ever defined "the trick" to my knowledge.
    People boast about things like this.."If you know the secret like I do...," but they don't share it.

If anyone has ever betrayed and found it confusing, boring, frustrating, and tedious, but they have another character
    whom they would like to betray, I would bet that the 50 loyalty tokens would be preferable to the confusion based on
    instructions from different website tutorials that give different information.

If you know of an easier way to betray, or a valid shortcut, why not list it here instead of alluding to it but not sharing
    the information?
    Save someone some Loyalty Tokens they could use for something really useful...like..bags of Plat.
  2. Silzin Active Member

@Zookeeper,

people probably do not talk more about "The Trick" since it is probably an exploit or a non intended way around the quest line. So if they detailed how to do "It" then it would be fixed and they would not like that... what ever.