Betray Token is 50 Loyalty Tokens??

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ecugia88, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Ecugia88 Active Member

Why the F would I waste all those days to betray to another city/class, when I can just do the quest. Which is also STILL a nightmare and boring as hell to do. Grats on finally giving us something easier to do and less boring crap to go through, but once again, you dropped the ball on something good.

I'll just go ahead and waste 30 minutes of time to do the boring betrayal quests.
    Le Clown likes this.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

drop the payment to 20 tokens and I would be fine with it tbh
  3. murmur Member

This is just an alternative to those with lots of tokens and who don't want to spend some time to do few quests. Same as those level 91 & 92 advanced tradeskill books that you can buy for 50 plat each or do few quests that take about 15min.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

are you comparing 50 plat to 50 tokens? (50 plat takes like 10 min to make, 50 tokens takes 25 days for gold, 50 for non gold)
  5. Silzin Active Member

50 Tokens is the equivalent to 750pp, so ya, its not the same thing.
  6. murmur Member

No, I'm comparing mechanics. Alternate way to do something that costs you something else than little time.

Still, I haven't heard anyone actually buy those books for 50 plat and I doubt that anyone will spend 50 tokens on betray either.
    Neiloch likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

For people who hate questing and/or what to betray RIGHT NOW, it's an option. Not one I'll be taking, but then I don't bother with the plat bags either.
    Finora likes this.
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

I'd be happier if they made it 100.
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Doesn't bother me one way or the other on the price, because I cannot use it on the one character that matters to me. Even if it allowed me to keep the class my one character is, I'd still do the betrayal quest because it's a quest and I'm going for 5000 quests.
  10. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yeah, this was a strange add on to the game...

750 plat/25 days (or 50 if youre not gold) to betray, which takes what, all of an afternoon to complete?o_O

How much in a rush can one possibly be to betray, to make this seem like a worthwhile deal?
  11. Ecugia88 Active Member

Only an idiot would spend 50 tokens on a Betrayal Token. The only thing useful on that Merchant is the plat bag. If i had 50 tokens i would spend it on the plat bags not the Betrayal Token. Slow, boring faction grinding quests to betray is way better than 50 loyalty tokens. Nobody is going to spend 25 days (if gold) or 50 days (if silver) just to betray.
  12. Snapshot Active Member

I'm not saying the price isn't too high, but I would probably just buy this token if I needed to betray for some reason.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

I think there are more people than you think that would.

If there is nothing else you want to spend your tokens on, why not? It's not THAT big of a deal. It gets some quests that many people consider very tedious over immediately. If it's not worth it to you, just don't buy it.
    Kraeref and Shmogre like this.
  14. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

I would love if with the token I could betray my conji to an evil city AND stay a conji ! :) make it happen please :)
  15. Jrel Well-Known Member

50 tokens is way too much. 6 maybe.
  16. Greygore Member

50 tokens for unlimited charges with a 7 day cool down maybe like the orb of concentrated memories. Personally I would love it if you could change sub-class just like you change AA and prestige now. They would probably have to remove the remaining few alignment restrictions though.
  17. Gaarysal Active Member

There's really nothing else to spend tokens on (I don't need the extra plat), I have close to 300 tokens just sitting there. Spending 50 to save 1-2 hours and avoid trying to randomly get offered the right quest 12 times then pet the dog for the millionth time is well worth it to me. Not to mention the betrayal zones crash like 30% of the time while zoning into them wasting even more time. Also the token is appropriately expensive so people can't swap back and forth whenever they feel like it, once a month is appropriately long for an instant swap like that.

The reason I've stockpiled tokens this long is exactly for expensive luxuries and shortcuts like this and I hope they add more of them in the future.
    Shmogre and Finora like this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

Exactly Gaarysal. I won't personally be buying any of the tokens, but not because of the price. I won't because I already have all the classes so no point in betraying anyone hehe unless I just HAVE to finish evil side quests on my mystic...but I really really don't want another defiler even temporarily.
  19. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

If it was unlimited uses AND heirloom so I can swap it around characters and use it, then sure. But 50 for a single use? nah...

1-2 hours? more like 10-20 minutes if you know the shortcut. :)
  20. Ruckus Well-Known Member