Betray Token is 50 Loyalty Tokens??

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ecugia88, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

the shortcut doesn't work for Every class is the issue :p
    this is why I think it should be lower. Because soe is trying to account and be like "they have been stockpiling tokens, so we should just make things higher" which it should not be in that viewpoint at all :p
  2. petier Active Member

Meh I got one as soon as the servers were back up, been wanting to swap a toon and never had the down time to waste on the betrayal quests. I got a few hundred tokens left and don't need the pp so I was happy to see this choice.
  3. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yes, that thread was closed too soon :(
    Xillean likes this.
  4. Xillean Well-Known Member

I know right. I like Kander but he could have said why or left it open for us to discuss it. I appreciate he was upfront about it not happening but I want to know why.
  5. Ruckus Well-Known Member

At least a red name finally replied after all of these years of asking about it. It's not something that I want so bad that it is going to cause me to spend an extra $50 to get what I want for my character. But hey, they've said several things over the years like "that's never going to happen", yet one day, it does happen.
  6. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yes, one of those was about the beastlord class lol :)
  7. Feytahl Member

Obviously the price is way too high for a one time use. But I honestly don't understand how it works. So...if I'm a level 40wizard in Kelethin, I buy this token, consume it and viola...I'm a 40warlock with a home city of ... Neriak? Or does it just max max out the factions of all evil cities and then you go talk to someone to choose your city and there is still an option if you want to change your subclass?

Can someone explain how it works EXACTLY.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

it says clearly in the choice you get to pick both alignment and class (if possible).
    so if you are a 40 wizzy, you can use the token to become a 40 warlock of freeport. a 40 warlock of qeynos, or a 40 wizzy of freeport
  9. Feytahl Member

Where does it say this? Not on the coin.

On the coin it says, "When examined, this token will allow you to change your city alignment to either Freeport or Qeynos and to betray your Adventure Profession to its counterpart. Beastlords and Channelers cannot change professions, but may use this token to change their city alignment. Good or Evil aligned professions are still restricted to their respective city."

So...if I consume the coin, I'll get a popup that asks if I want to betray my class...or it just automatically switches me, regardless? The announcement said it automatically switches your profession, all seems pretty unclear IMO and very overpriced. I wouldn't use it anyway.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It will ask you questions when you start examine it. First about city then if you want to change profession or keep it. I ve just changed my city alignment without changing a profession. Now I am a high elf coercer of Qeynos. Though you cannot change city alignments without changing a profession of 8 non-neutral classes. Mystic/defiler, brigand/swash, pally/sk i belive and something else.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Necro/conjurer
    Kraeref likes this.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

People do realize they DON'T want betrayal to be extremely quick AND commonplace, right? Complaining it costs too much to frequently betray with the ease of a token is the goal. They don't want people carrying around a bunch of tokens so you can swap at will like its class/job swapping mechanic like Rift or final fantasy. I would rather it cost more than less.

There are lots of people who see the plat bags as unnecessary (they make plenty of plat otherwise) so this is a possible option for them.
    Finora likes this.
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

you just answered it. I think it says it pretty clear on the coin :p did you not see it said it?
    "will allow you to change your city alignment to either freeport or qeynos"
    so you can pick either freeport or qeynos first
    "to betray your adventure profession to it's counterpart"
    so you are allowed to change it if you want (as long as you aren't breaking any rules). but it doesn't say you will get changed :p

I don't understand, what would be the issue from betraying so fast? would it cause any problems? I don't think so :p
    esp considering that if you aren't one of the 4 classes that are still none neutral restricted and if you are good aligned you could betray to your counterpart in like 5 min :p
    one time I betrayed to coercer just to duel someone and then back to illy to run a group zone right after the duel
  14. Gaarysal Active Member

Where are you getting "betray to your counterpart in like 5 min" from? You can skip exile quests in Halas but you still need to grind the faction and do citizenship quests. Unless there is some way to skip that, which I'd imagine is a bug if you can skip the entire process.
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

it doesn't work if your class is restricted (like crusaders are). but it's a complex way to go about it through both Halas and Gfay. it's been around for quite a few years :p
  16. Gaarysal Active Member

So you still need to grind faction then. Sure it might be quicker in some places and some factions but you still need to do the tedious quests which is why the token has value for some people who don't want to do those. For those who don't mind them, save your 50 tokens.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

only if you call 1 quest "grinding faction"
  18. Gaarysal Active Member

If it's ONE quest, that is definitely not intended.
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

like I said, this way has been around for years, I know tons that do it, myself included :p so I am sure it's atleast known about :p
  20. Buco Active Member

Anyone tried the betray token and was able to retrieve the mythical buffs from the erudite in nektulos? I got a report from a dirge who betrayed to troubador using the new betray token and now has no chance of getting the troubador mythical buffs as the erudite in nek and the guy in tenebrous tangle doesn't talk with her.