Beta Registration for Sentinel's Fate is Live

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Dec 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Not sure if there was a final reply to this..cause, we'll I'm old and I don't remember things too well ;) Is buying a Fan Faire ticket the same thing as being fan Faire flagged :) I shamelessly bought a ticket for the statue, so don't DESERVE the benefits of someone who attended, of course, though I'd hardly turn 'em down. I didn't see anything in my account, beyond the statue to reflect FF. Aren't I just dreadful??!!!
    And jsut for the record, while FF was gonig on, ew were enduring the most HORRIBLE vacation ever and we vowed next year to go to FF instead /snicker.
  2. ARCHIVED-Crickett Guest

Signed my wife and me up last night on a game card. I just installed another game card and went from Account Status "pending" to "active".
    No biggy, now I'll go out and get spares again as time permits :)
  3. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Yes mystfit if you bought a ticket to fanfaire you will get in Beta wether you went or not, the same with the day one download for fanfaire attendees. You also have the Eq1 beta which is ending soon and the Eq1 all in one when that expansion launches.
  4. ARCHIVED-BleemTeam Guest

At least the copying works now
  5. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

irish wrote:
    Huh, that must be the underfoot thing in my subscription thingy....
  6. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Update:
    The /beta command is now functioning :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Swyen Guest

So, I've never done any of the previous BETA's. Was crossing my fingers for this one, but was wondering: Is only one batch of invites sent out? Or are there several that go out?
  8. ARCHIVED-Xuphor Guest

Kiara wrote:
    which leads to a question of mine.
    i just tried "/beta" for the hell of it, and it said it will go through on the next cycle of characters like it was accepted. i have not gotten any official acceptance into the beta yet.
    is that normal? 0.o
  9. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Zyketor@Unrest wrote:
    Thats normal, and it means that when/if you get into beta there should be a copy of yourself already there to jump right in with......now to go /beta myself
  10. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Do you get to beta just one character? or all the chars on that one account?
  11. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Only on the character you use the command on.
  12. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    In the past you could use /beta on as many of your characters on the account that has been admitted to beta that you want (if you have multiple accounts you won't necessarily get access on each account). You can even copy a character multiple times (additional copies will have X, XX, etc. added to the name). Note though, that you will only be able to see a maximum of 7 (or more if you have station access) characters on the character select list at a time, and once you fill that up you won't be able to create any new characters for testing with (there's usually a beta buffer available for testing specific levels).
  13. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Portbott@Nagafen wrote:
    Nah. If it goes as usual, they'll have several batches of invites go out. They slowly build up the beta population for stress testing.
  14. ARCHIVED-Swyen Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Awesome. Thanks for the info. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-jrolla777 Guest

I signed up 2 days ago for the beta but have not recieved any email. i checked to make sure the email address was correct on the eq2players site as well. Am i correct in assuming i wasnt selected for beta at this time? I'd hate for that to be the case.
  16. ARCHIVED-Xuphor Guest

Mancy@Unrest wrote:
    i'm wondering if the first wave has been sent out yet, or if only fan-faire people got the acceptance so far, which excludes me to :p
    i only got the email that says another email will come later "if you are accepted"
    did you at least get that email? if not, something went wrong.
  17. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

When you signed up for Beta you may have noticed the start date is listed as 12/14/09, so odds are they have not started sending out batch invites yet.
    If you did not get an email after you signed up, be sure to check your account and make sure it's right there, and then check your email host/program and make sure @soe.sony.com is not filtered into spam or trash.
    The first email was just "Hi, you signed up!"
  18. ARCHIVED-Xuphor Guest

Calthine wrote:
    yea, that place says 12/14, but the "Hi, you signed up!" email says 12/8. which one is right anyway?
  19. ARCHIVED-jrolla777 Guest

thansk for the replies, i have not recieved any email, thats why i posted. my email addy is verified on eq2players site and i am sure nothing was blocked. oh well, guess ill just wait
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Zyketor@Unrest wrote:
    Hm, dunno. The point stands, though: no matter where you read it, Beta hasn't started yet :)