Beta Registration for Sentinel's Fate is Live

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Dec 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

[IMG]
    We'd like to take the opportunity to invite everyone to register to participate in the beta program for the EverQuest II expansion: Sentinel's Fate.
    Please remember that registering for the beta program does not guarantee admittance. It only puts you into the pool from which we will randomly select participants. Also, in order to participate, you must agree to our Non-Disclosure Agreement (we send ninja monkeys after you if you leak info before the NDA is lifted) and have an account in good standing.
    Click here to go to the registration page and accept the terms of the NDA.
    We will send you an email letting you know if you've been selected with all the information you need to get set up and ready to go. There will also be a link to the beta forums for you to give us your feedback.
    If you attended Fan Faire, you will be admitted into the beta program. You must still register and accept the NDA, however. So please make sure that you click the link and register with the account that you registered for Fan Faire.
    Character Copies
    In order to have your character copied to the beta sever after you've been accepted, please log into the character you wish to have copied and type /beta. We'll do periodic copies.
    Further information will be available on the beta forums.
    We're all looking forward to having you in beta with us. Good luck!
  2. ARCHIVED-BleemTeam Guest

/beta is disabled. At least on Befallen.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sardonica Guest

Kiara, I go through the process to register for beta, but when I get the confirmation email, it doesn't have a link to verify my email address. The beta signup page says there will be a link. Is there supposed to be a link?
  4. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Hi Kiara! You forgot to lock this! Look what I got!

[IMG]
    Yum!
  5. ARCHIVED-Brailyn Guest

Hmm yeah seems I can't /beta atm
  6. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Well, you sort of have to get into the beta before you can /beta :)
    I'll check on the missing link :)
    (please don't hurt me for that... I couldn't help myself!)
  7. ARCHIVED-Brailyn Guest

Oh, ok. That makes sense!!
  8. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

My husband is getting an error saying he has an inactive subscription. His subscription is pending, but is paid up through 03/11/2010. Is this normal or are there just too many people trying to sign up right now?
  9. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Possibly too many people trying to sign up.
    I found the email verification link on the beta page itself. Down at the bottom. Waiting on the email right now.
    You can verify your email address through the My Account link up at the top of the forums as well. Just to be extra safe :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Dulissa Guest

Sardonica wrote:

same issue here
  11. ARCHIVED-NrthnStar5 Guest

I also cannot sign up for beta because my subscription isn't "active". I am paid through until the end of December. I cancel after each month to prevent the automatic billing, as I don't prefer that in case I forget about it, or something comes up.
  12. ARCHIVED-Enna Guest

Kiara wrote:
    *tries to do a "tisk, tisk" with the "looking over the spectacles" expression, but simply cannot maintain her composure -- a grin keeps playing around the corners of her mouth, entirely spoiling the effect*
    My email already shows as "Verified" when I checked "My Account" link at the top of the forum. The email stating that my registration was received had no link. I have not yet received an email specifying acceptance.
    Since my email shows as "verified" in nice big bold bright green letters in the "My Account" link, and it is displaying the correct email address, I'm disinclined to fiddle with it (lest I inadvertently un-verify it).
    I'll be watching for any further suggestions. :)
    Thank you for posting this announcement and for looking into this technical "hiccup." :)
  13. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Please tell me thats not the case now. I always do a /beta as soon as beta opens this way as soon as I get in theres a copy of me around to dig right in with.
  14. ARCHIVED-Vitarga Guest

I am also getting the inactive subscription message. I pay month to month and am good through 12/26/09.
  15. ARCHIVED-Terrius Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Add me to the list of people who didnt get the Validation link in the application email :( could it be because my email is already verified?
  16. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Hmmm. Well then, it's entirely possible that you can /beta without being accepted. If you can't right now... give it a little bit. Then try again :)
    If you go to the My Account bit and check to make sure that your email is verified, don't worry if there's no link in the email you get. I haven't seen that there's an issue, but I'll continue to check into it.
    I'll ask about the inactive subscription issue and see what I can find out.
  17. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Ok, the error message is indeed due to the subscription being "Pending". I finally got it to take a one month sub for the husband's account and it let him sign up. Expiration date of your current subscription plan apparently doesn't matter at all, just whether or not your account is actively signed up for a sub (which yes, is annoying... his expiration isn't even until March).
  18. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Sennyu Guest

lol as much as I would love to sign up for beta the thought of downloading it while being deployed is kind of intimidating... 128 kilo bits per second ftl...
  20. ARCHIVED-Terrius Guest

I is confused :( The Beta signup page says Beta starts in 12 days, but the Email says beta is scheduled to begin on December 8th , 2009 O.O Which is correct? they cant both be true :/ *rocks back and forth impatiently awaiting beta* o.o