Beta Registration for Sentinel's Fate is Live

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Dec 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

kojuro wrote:
    Log into the forums on the account that applied for beta and check if you can see the beta forums.
  2. ARCHIVED-super69 Guest

I clicked the registration link and signed the NDA and got this message:
    You have succesfully enrolled in the Beta for this account. Please check your e-mail for information regarding this Beta. Thank you for your participation!
    However I haven't recieved an email with any information yet.
  3. ARCHIVED-stevenbanks Guest

You are only Enrolled in the chance to enter beta. When you sign the NDA it send an email saying you are enrolled, but it is just worded poorly. You have not yet gotten into beta. If you get a second email saying you got into beta, then you got in.
  4. ARCHIVED-creepinghunter Guest

How do we know for sure about invites? I understand the second mail that comes in but my email is also used by my wife and I am affraid it got deleted out of my junk folder as I have seen many an eq2 mail go there........
    I can /beta in game so I dont know if that is an indicator of being accepted. I realize this might be a dumb question but I have been in most of the beta's and would like to get my comments in on this one as well :)
    There may be no way to resend the invite which is realy gona suck :(
  5. ARCHIVED-mardious Guest

Koohama@Everfrost wrote:
    i was able to /beta add the day after i signed up for beta and i still do not have beta access so it means nothing
  6. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

Koohama@Everfrost wrote:
    Check at the top of the main forum page. If you can see the Sentinel's Fate Beta forums, then you're accepted. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-creepinghunter Guest

Howlingmoon wrote:
    LOL. I cant believe I forgot about that bit of information. So sad how our memories go as we get older. THanx for the responce.
  8. ARCHIVED-Yongqi Guest

I registered for the beta and had it set to add a new game card when my current one ends. It switched over on Jan 1 and now my account is back to pending. Do I need to get CS to change it back to Active. When I contacted CS they said I didn't need to. I was sure someone said the account had to remain active to get chosen. Is this correct?
  9. ARCHIVED-bulletm Guest

Hiya well my acceptance email apeared in my inbox day before yesterday,so after downloading and logging in im hitting a problem.I petitioned and was told a day later they were unable to fix the problem and gave me the link to this forum post,so il post it here knowing full well this isent the place to post it .
    once the beta registration went live i like many others signed up got the 1st email and waited, but i also /beta my 80 toons over ready for the day i would be .The day arrived day before yesterday i followed the second email coppied eq2 folder downloaded beta patch ect and logged in ...
    Now i see my /beta coppied toons stood their screaming at me to enter them into the the expansion but whats this next to each toon i see in red offline server(down) no option to play them delete them only to spin them about in a merry dance
    new toons can be created and played .So i petitioned for these 4 toons in limbo to be either deleted from offline server or moved to beta server. i was told they couldnt hellp and was sent here .
    il not hold my breath waiting for somthing to happen from this post but was just following gm instructions
  10. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

bulletm wrote:
    Honestly, you should have posted tis in the Beta Forums, not here. There's a specific file in your Beta folder you need to delete to clear the cache of which char's the char select screen sees. I think tis something like (your username/login)_characters.ini ?
  11. ARCHIVED-pablo420 Guest

Meh, this is going to be just like the TSO beta. I'm going to be the LAST person to get an invite. Oh well.
  12. ARCHIVED-mardious Guest

Howlingmoon wrote:
    its in main eq2 directory listed as stationname_characters.ini so if ur login is bob978 its bob967_characters.ini etc
  13. ARCHIVED-ButterflyEffect Guest

Something is slowing down the invites after the initial wave. For ROK and TSO I was in closed beta very quickly when it became available. For SF, however, still no invite.
    When is the date for beta becoming an open beta, and when will raid content be available to test in beta?
  14. ARCHIVED-Phemme Guest

I haven't received my confirmation email.
    <pouts>
  15. ARCHIVED-Finalduke Guest

For everyone saying that it says you got in, you got into the pool to be selected it doesn't mean you got selected unless you get the actual download email.
    I got the same though i believe this new process can be good but more bad. Lots of hardcore players didn't get an invite when new players i know of 4 that even stopped playing got in it. From having accounts since day 1 I would think that we should get loyalty advantage but im sure they learned from it with the amount and emails and posts I have seen. Not saying those people are better but usually they have higher chars, multiple accounts and more interest in a new level cap. Eh just my 2 cents good luck to everyone!
  16. ARCHIVED-Maniix Guest

when do the invites usually go out, i.e Monday, Tuesday ect. or can it be any day of the week. I know with other xpacs they would always go ouit on a Tuesday.
  17. ARCHIVED-Whisperz Guest

i have apped a bunch of times and have not heard a word, will SOE send a email saying yea, or nay? I would love to get in there and test it
  18. ARCHIVED-tramsmash Guest

Jedediah@Permafrost wrote:
    I think Jedediah means so if ur login is bob978 its bob978_characters.ini etc (not bob967_characters.ini) :p
  19. ARCHIVED-Zarik67 Guest

Yeah you would think for those of us with 10 year accounts dating back to the beginning days of EQ1 we would at least be worth a simple yes or no. Kind of disheartening that after 10 years I have yet to be able to get in on a single freaking beta. And they wonder why people get fed up with stuff and leave.