Best fighter class

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Finn, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Finn New Member

Im thinking of returning to the game. What fighter class is in the best place right now? For Kunark Ascending heroics and raids?
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

Depends what u like
    Some are easier than other.

Zerk, pallies and monks are in a good place i think

But i play bruiser and i really have fun and manage to group and keep aggro and so on

Guardians are still gardians and i don't know for SK raid wise but eadily hold their own group wise.

I always think playing the fotm is not best choice.
    But if u plan to raid u got a lot of work ahead of u
  3. Treiko Active Member

This. Playing fotm classes is a good way to get burnt out fast, as fotm changes with every update. Monks might be in a good place now, but next update pally might be, or any other class really. You should pick based on your preferred play style and just become a pro at it. That's how you get people looking for you when they form groups. Experiment with a few and just have fun with it. Never cater to other peoples' needs before your own. Good luck and sorry if you don't find this helpful.
  4. guard Active Member

Simple answer is the one you play best. but all tanks can do the job if spec'd and kitted properly play the tank you enjoy and you will get the most out of it i have played a guardian for over 7 years can do all zones without any problems
  5. Finn New Member

Sorry guys not helpful answers... please only people who want to directly compare the current states of each of the fighter classes... thanks
  6. Nero Active Member

We cant give you a helpful answer because it doesn't exist.

All tanks are on a decently level playing field. I play a monk. I love it, think its the best class period. Ghenges is can probably come here and say that Bruisers are the best. They are all good. They all do well in heroics. They can all raid. Play what you want.
    Snikkety and Genghes like this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

they have differences, sure but in the end they all do their job.

I feel that compared to the DPS or healer classes, tanks work quite fine. Bruisers are not the most played, I discovered the Epic spell GM and ancient in my serveur, but I love my bruiser and I can do heroics and I tank raids also.

u prefer knight in shiny armor, the evil chaotic fighter, the street fighter or disciplined monk or the soldier or the brutal one ?

your call
  8. Tupperbeast Active Member

Do not hope you are that Finns on Thurgadin who calls every half a minute someone can level me. If you really want to know which class is the best at tank, it's time you work on your char and level yourself.

Otherwise you will later neither your skills nor the Mechanic understand, or just test all tanks up to a certain lvl.

As I said before, each tank has its place or its role in Kunark Acending, in the end it comes on because players on what it makes of it. There are lots of people who buy the tanks to buy their gear but have zero plan of playing. Learn your skills - learn your gear - learn the game mechanic and important learn your stats you need just all returning or newcomers is a tank class is not so easy since you have a lot to learn and much to pick up (we have Deity System Ascension System-Epic 2.0) and a couple of old runes from Ethereal Event its a nice Point too in the Xpac (this can still farm in Kralet Contested or in Zek via Key Quests)
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Zerker with monk casting Intercept on him.
    Kioske likes this.
  10. Fairin Active Member

starting a tank right now without the 100 fervor adorn will be painful, wait till summer untill judging the game as a fighter or scout because of the requirement of that adorn.

if i had to pick a class to return to. it is Guardian. they're in a real good place right now.

followed by shadowknight, then berzerker, something about amends not working well for paladins cause if yer targets ascendeds are down and someone elses pops them on a boss. yeh loose it or something...

monks / brusiers.. i only know one of each class atm.cant really compare easilly. other than aggro issues but then .. we got some ballin dps in raid. and that one troub that thinks he can tank...
    Zeddicious and Naneeje like this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

There is no best right now. Each has strengths and weaknesses.
    What is your play style?
    What are your goals?
    Are you an experienced player?
    How much time per day are you willing to invest in building this character?
    Leonitas likes this.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

I don't really have aggro issues on my bruiser.

command and conquer is a nice snap aggro

mantis leap is great to keep aggro on big groups and when playing with a necro :)
  13. Finn New Member

I can be more specific. I am an experienced player and highest DPS is my goal. I assume Berserker is the fighter class with the highest DPS potential? Assuming like for like gear and skill level.
  14. Finn New Member

Or perhaps ascension has thrown that out the window and there is not a significant disparity between DPS potential?
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

shouldn't it be SK ?

zerk can do great damage too ... but I'm a bit lost with DPS potential :)

no because as a tank u cannot always cast ascension spells. usually when I try to cast one, somebody takes aggro. u can on some fights but it's not always easy to cast your ascension spells as a fighter
  16. Fairin Active Member

*stare* you cancel an asension spell if someone takes aggro off you? - that the damage from the spell itself wouldnt rip it right back or something?, hell i use them in place of taunts lately. if a dps cant survive a few seconds for their uh... eagerness then well lessons wont be learned! a dps etherflash vs my thunderous overture, or my own etherflash eh? .. eh?? =)
    Justaplayer and Naneeje like this.
  17. Kelethin New Member

I heard Penumbra Contested Bosses still drop the ethereal runes and also from the blood iron key chests ?
    Anyone can confirm this ? i just returned and since i missed the summer event i want to know if i can still get that 100 fervor adorn.
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Based on your desire to do big DPS, I assume that your intent is to solo/molo most of the time. I recommend Berserker. Berserkers are the kings of AoE damage and they are very tough with their natural bonuses and plate armor. Team up with a Zhugrus merc and you'll be able to molo everything except the most current heroic content.

If, however, you want to group or raid then you should know that all fighters are expected to play the role of tank, not DPS. Yes, there are a few niche groups out there that don't care about roles like that, but most do.
  19. Finn New Member

Yes fighters have to tank, which means they have to generate hate... DPS = hate. ;)
  20. Fairin Active Member

yes the key will net one of your class specific adorns. if it decides to reward you with one. the bosses in KP contested feel like a 1 in 10000 chance for a rune, and it can be any of the 12, and probably not the good ones (ravaging / protection), have fun with that.
    Naneeje likes this.