Best fighter class

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Finn, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Omg I died when I read this...
    If only we knew who that Troub was...

:) Well played Sir.
  2. Tupperbeast Active Member

This post makes my day funny))))
    He wrote that he is an experienced player, if you are so experienced then why do you have to ask in the forum which tank is the best. There is only one way for you to find it selves to create you various tanks play them up to a certain level and see which you like.
    People who always have questions or do not even have to take care of themselves, we look at our server noob.
    Why is it easy to find the internet so many possibilities to inform yourself only when you have really come to a point where it is not possible to go any further since you can also ask the people at any time but before it would be often more meaningful man take the feet Times itself in the hand and doing something.
    And why I say that clearly at the end you play the class and you should learn this with all the content of the game and recognize what is necessary to be a good tank by constantly asking this will not.
    And as has been said thousands of times, all tanks have their place and with the Ascension class, all tanks can end up making the dps more of the other less but this is not your main Task.
    And an experienced player does not ask him to test until the bitter end and tries to reach the Maxiumum alone.
    Malleria likes this.
  3. Genghes Active Member

I would say with gear and stats equal a zerker or sk could produce the most dps
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

The fact people are coming on in here and chiming in about dps in a "best Fighter class" thread just goes on to show how nonsensical the game has become - specially over the last 2 expansions (looking at you DBG). A fighter conventionally in this game have mostly been about tanking (i.e. holding aggro) while the other "DPS" classes take the hp down.

Any long standing tank worth his/her salt who has tanked over the last 10 years will know how little dps was talked about back in the day when it came to fighter classes. The balance, although far from being perfect was just enough to make your fighter class stand out provided it was played by a capable player.

Now someone will say but dps =hate and that fighter class A owns class B and that game has evolved and we should accept it - is nothing but an affirmation of my first statement.

All classes are completely out of balance. Have at least 40 points in Tithe tree for cb/pot/sta, deck out your fighter with potency gear and max it with plat infusion then couple this with Maxed out Ascension classes and you can dps to your hearts content (still struggle with aggro mind you).

In all this, the OP must think: "but as long as i have fun with a particular fighter class, it will be ok...." Sadly, the fun factor in the current game has been completely taken out and when you reach max level and find out just how far behind you are with respect to other players you will know what I mean.

There was a time when I would have listed the fighter classes in order of preference/fun factor but that time is long gone now.

Pick any fighter class, put your head down and hope you have the patience to go through the tedious and ultimately meaningless grind.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

He asked about the best DPS. The creator of the thread did not ask about the best fighter. He changed the question because he didn't like the answer.
  6. Tooloose Active Member

Guardian: Very low aoe/st damage, with great survivability, and very good single target agro holding capabilities
    Berserker: moderate st damage, moderately good survivability, and best aoe threat control.
    Paladin: moderately good across the board
    Shadowknight: Unknown
    Monk:Other people say its amazing right now
    Bruiser:Same thing as monk
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

You are aware that there have been previous expansions before the last two where certain tanks, namely Bruisers, were near the top of the parse a lot. Any long standing player worth their salt who has played the last 10 years would know this. Tanks are actually further behind the last two expacs than ever before as far as DPS, unless you count 15 second ascension firing during rising tide, then ANYONE can be a DPS class.
    Tooloose likes this.
  8. Kielex Well-Known Member

SK has way better AoE threat control than zerker.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

Monks and bruisers can hold their own on AE threat with mantis leap and 100% AE attack.

Bruisers and void strike (epic spell) can dps quite well.

If u want dps tank, just avoid palies and guardians i guess, the other can do good dps, SK especially with their epic spells, their can allost tank in off stance. Too bad they didn't remove the priest condition for def buffs on fighters. So i can't cast cyclone or infuriating thorns on a epic 2 off stance sk
  10. Arclite Well-Known Member

That was precisely my point. The fact that tanks are relegated to a mere charm click and additional abilities instead of their respective base class abilities in order to just about carry out their intended function has never and will never make sense. You will have to go as far back as post taunt changes ToV where you could say that there was some semblance of tanks relying on their hate abilities + dps to manage just about fine. I remember still that 50% of my tanks parse was based on auto attack damage and the rest came from abilities. Anything less than that would mean immediate loss of aggro. Plenty of threads about this on old eq2flames forums.

Now, this is simply not the case. The DPS is the name of the game and a tank's effectiveness is based on how much threat they are able to generate through inflated pot/cb stat based dps then anything else. Yes dps is required to keep a balance between passive and active abilities to sustain aggro but that balance is just not there anymore and the only time I got an explanation out of a DEV (name is not relevant right now) was that "some tank classes perform better than others in every expansion, KA is not an exception so deal with it"....

I digress, perhaps the OP was not looking in to these issues at all but I felt i had to get this off my chest. The current system is just not fair to the longstanding players.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

Same for any class. Look at druids this xpac or sorcerers.

Which tank really struggles this xpac ?

I'm happy because as far as i know when i left game bruisers were considered 2nd class tanks but now i can tank anything. So happy me
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Economy or Coach - if you fly United Airlines...
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. Ansom Active Member

The tank with less gear ("easy" to fix), low plats for infusion ("easy" fix selling krono..), low deity point (no easy fix on this one)..
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

that's what I thought
  15. Lil Mantis Member

I am still aspiring to be a good tank.
  16. Finn New Member

Really insightful post. I would suggest going and having some English lessons and coming back to me when you have a better grasp of the language.

As there is no clear answer perhaps that indicates that fighters could in fact be reasonably well balanced? All are capable given good gear and skill.

Edit: And thanks to those that tried to answer my question.
  17. Tupperbeast Active Member

To first english is not my mother tongue and sorry that you do not fit.
    As a second to your question: and here is meien answer stop ask to ask the game to play and inquire yourself only so you'll play your char and get to know.
    I play the game for almost 13 years and know such people like you, who just ask each time instead of doing something themselves, although the answer here has been answered thousands of times but you are only too stupid to understand it.

It is quite easy any tank has its place. In the end, it is the player himself, what he makes of his character and how well he can play him, so make all the tanks go out for himself and take you at the end because the one that makes you the most fun so your stupid question is also answered

It is like in the living life the one who is always asked will not come forward only the one who is self-reliant on success and self-development, will also achieve in life what.

And thx for Teaching me in English....:p
  18. Malleria Well-Known Member

An answer that was given to you from the very beginning, and to which you responded:

:rolleyes:
    Earar likes this.
  19. Finn New Member

Yes those that are successful in life never ask any questions. :rolleyes:

Who gave the answer that all of the fighter classes are well balanced? I do not see that.
  20. Earar Well-Known Member

guard, 3rd post
    Malleria likes this.