Best fighter class

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Finn, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Responding to the OP: if you are just now returning to the game, and starting over from scratch, pick a class you like because how much you like to play will matter a lot more than any edge in DPS a given class might have.

For heroics, any well geared fighter will do fine if they know what they are doing.
    For raid MT, you probably want Guard, Zerk, or Pally.
    For OT any will work. This is the role I prefer.

It will be a long road just to start tanking heroics though, so be sure to enjoy the trip as much as the destination.
  2. Finn New Member

He does not write that fighter classes are well balanced. :rolleyes:
  3. Crastinal Active Member

Or maybe -- crazy idea, just follow me on this -- maybe you don't know what you're asking and keep moving goalposts with rude posts and condescending questions as if people on this forum owed you an answer? Potayto potahto.
    Snikkety likes this.
  4. Genghes Active Member

Monk is st bruiser is ae
  5. Kaarkula Active Member

With potency and burst dps insane in never before seen quantities...

Any class that can siphon hate off of these abilities to themselves are the best tanks at the moment.

Guardians, paladins... troubs can also be excellent tanks - because of similar mechanics.

Any tank however can be viable with enough work put in, gear, experience.

However the few I mentioned above are much more efficient at the moment.
    Fairin likes this.
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

2cp here
    From my experience of playing BL
    Worst tank at holding agro Paladin - amends not looks well nowadays. Any AoE type of fight paladin can't hold a candle for agro control. Basically this is the only tank where I have to ALWAYS watch agro on any burst. I don't know what the deal with paladins but it looks once they lose agro they can't get it back until you dead
    Zerk - always good - that's the tank that I love to have when I want to go nuts on DPS
    Monks are ok - they loose agro but they snap it right back generally I think good class at this moment
    SK - again another good example of class that hold agro very well or control it - pretty much my second favorite tank to group with
    I have not seen many guardians or/and bruisers around nowadays I don't know why. I know bruisers have funny ability to drag mobs with them around should they want to and I REALLY did not seen any guardians around for a long long long time :(
  7. Genghes Active Member

/who all genghes..... you'll find a bruiser
    DoomDrake likes this.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

bruisers are good to get back aggro too, just like monks
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

This thread has so much bad advice in it lol.

Monks are amazing for everything.
    Bruisers are near amazing for everything.
    Zerkers are amazing for everything.
    Guards are average at most things, Ok at MT if your guild can use hate transfers decently.
    SKs are great for heroics, average for raids.
    Pallies are great for heroics, pretty pointless for raids.

An exceptional tank can perform well in all situations, but some will require outside assistance from their healers more than others.

Want to make your tank awesome? Put it in a Defiler/Mystic group and enjoy those passive damage reductions.
  10. Arclite Well-Known Member

And you think you got it right?
  11. Dolgrin Active Member

All fighter classes have their pros and cons.
    In a raid use the class fit to encounter.

But....
    the real difference are...

the skills behind. The person who plays the tank.

Not every one can play a good tank, because:
    You have be cool... very cool, if situation starts to run out of control.
    You are the player, to manage the encounter with your skills and your patience voice.
    You are leading from the center of the battle. If you get confused... battle is lost.

Know your skills.
    Setup the right rotation.
    Vary your AA Setup, to be more efficent.
    Thank your healer for getting you alive.

Let the mage die, who nukes like hell on pull.
    Communicate clear commands on pull on a difficult encounter.

And last but not least:
    You have to be very very fast in mind (to see whats going on) and hitting the right key on your keyboard (to save your group/raid).

My 2 cents
    Dolgrin

postscript.:
    If your getting older like me, hitting the right key gets more difficulty every year, because your reactions slow down.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

right, as if many guilds had 6 raid geared ready tanks

you do as with other classes. You use the classes with more pros and less cons. Right now it seems it's monks and zerks.

not saying others can't do the job, but may struggle a bit more on some fights. At least fighters are not in the same state as DPS or heal classes. Sure there are some on top ... but all seem kind of ok and viable.

that's good :)

but it also means slight changes can change the tier order
  13. Rougez Active Member

Pretty sure our raid force would disagree with this statement, our MT guardian has zero issues keeping aggro, ST or AOE in fact.
    Snikkety likes this.