Berserker KOS AA paths (List)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Khalad, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Fazzarya Guest

Dragoon's Resilience: 8 points per level, 1 level, 36 minute buff, 15 minute recast, When berserker is damaged in combat with a melee weapon this spell will inflict 94 heat damage on target and heal berserker for 65 (must spend 4 points in retaliation.

Holy smokes is that for real? That's insane. There has got to be more to that skill, as it is written there... that's just frigging insane healing on some mobs.
  2. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

36 second buff, i mistyped, changed it up top, thanks for catchjing it
  3. ARCHIVED-Lechacal Guest

I still need to see those in game, but at first glance I'm quite happy. There's a little bit of everything, and severall path seem possible for different types of zerks.

If the list stays as it is, I think my first try will be to max the AGI path, and to take STA and WIS halfway into step 4 (and buying previous steps halfway too). 50 (24 + 13 + 13) points used if I understand correctly how those work.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

You'd could go 50 (1 + 24 + 13 +12). You have to buy bind wounds for 1 pnt before you can purchase any other AA' s :)

Basically, you get 49 points to play with. It'll be interesting to see the "leet builds" that'll pop up. Since they always do with systems like this.
  5. ARCHIVED-Darcblood Guest

So would these AA's raise the level cap for abilities too? I know lots of people who hit their caps regularly and even go over. (which doesn't help them any) so what would teh point be for them to take all of the extra STR or STA if it doesn't help them any?
  6. ARCHIVED-ThaLegend Guest

there is actually a post on the inquisitor boards with a pic of the abilities tree, just thought i'd share that with you guys
  7. ARCHIVED-c00nd0g Guest

Proc damage is affected by INT is it not?
  8. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Proc damage ya, but I don't think we could gain enoiugh to make a difference really.
  9. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

Does anyone know for sure like 100% fact if the Halbred from the Prismatic 2.0 quests is considered an axe?? Cause these lines are having me rethink my weaposn casue up till now I always use 1 hand and 2 hand swords but I can say atm I'm 99.99% sure I'm not going to be going up the int line in the AA's so I'm trying to figure out legendary and fabled weapons that I want to get/roll onin raids for when this stuff does come out.
  10. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Dark fury halberd of Anuk is a Great Spear offically. Its useable by shamans even though they have no slash skill.

And regarding the AAs, there seems to be many changes daily so the ones posted are already getting out of date.
  11. ARCHIVED-AsukaKazuma Guest

Ooooh... even if INT is nearly useless for 'zerkers....

I'm definitely going INT. 2.9%x8 = +23.2% extra parrying ability! I can't even imagine how friggin' awesome that'd look in a duel, 'specially with my characteristic staff.
  12. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

I'm thinking about using all my points to gain a roughly even number of abilities in 3 of the different AA trees. So if I have 49 points available after spending 1 point for the initial starter ability then I will probably spend 17 points in the STR line, 16 points in the STA line, and 16 points in the WIS line. So then I will wind up with something like this:

4 levels of Executioner's Strenth = 16 STR
    4 levels of Executioner's Wrath = some increase in crit chance (only with axe equipped)
    4 levels of Weapon Expertise = more increase in crit chance
    5 levels of Executioner's Anger = 5% extra hate

4 levels of Gladiator's Staminia = 20 STA
    4 levels of Gladiator's Strike = chance to proc damage with blocking
    4 levels of Finesse = more haste with 1h
    4 levels of Conditioning = more max HP

4 levels of Demolisher's Wisdom = 28 WIS
    4 levels of Belly Smash = extra DD CA (only works with a hammer equipped)
    4 levels of Seasoned Veteran = raises DPS %
    4 levels of Unshakeable = 160 mitigation

What do you guys think, do you think that's worth it? It would help if I knew certain things like, for exmaple, the Conditioning ability in the STA line says it increases max HP by .6. What does that mean exactly and how does that increase with each level of the ability? So if I spend 4 points in that how much more max HP will I actually get out of it then? Same thing with the Finesse ability in the same tree. It says it gives 20% haste...how much does that increase if you spend 4 points on that ability?

On the other hand, out of all the final ablilties in all the AA trees I like the one in the STA path the best and I would really like to have that. Would I be better off sacrificing all my choices in the STR line to go with full WIS and STA perhaps? Or maybe I would put more into STA than WIS but still get some WIS abilities. Actually what I would do in that case is probably go with something like this:

8 points of Gladiator's Stamina = 40 STA
    4 points of Gladiator's Strike = block proc
    4 points of Finesse = a lot of extra haste with my 1h
    8 points of Conditioning = a lot of max HP
    8 points for Efficiency = woot

4 points of Demolisher's Wisdom = 28 WIS
    4 points of Belly Smash = extra DD with hammer equipped
    4 points of Seasoned Veteran = more overall DPS
    5 points of Unshakable = 200 mit

I'm interested in seeing the different builds that others will come up with.
  13. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

There have been more changes, but right now, if you examine them to see, you crash to desktop, heh. Took me a few times to realize what was causing it.
  14. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

Im kinda confused i will admit about the "AA" system, and I am hoping one of you can clear somthing up for me.
    I understand you have to spend one point on bind wounds leaving you with 49 maximum points etc ... BUT how do you get to be able to pick the '8'pt uber skills...Like i was looking at Infernus' build and to be honest i've been wondering what i would do since i saw this post yesterday. I want to start getting an idea on how i'm going to proceed but like do you have to spend a certain amount in a line in order to get that 8pt thing, or is it you have to bring each skill to a certain level etc. Can someone break it down for me?
    I know theres posts all over the place but all the ones i've read have left me a little confused, and yes i know i am thinking of this early but i want to get an idea whats best for my playstyle.
  15. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

gotta spend 16 points in the one line, spread out 4 4 4 4 to pick the 8 point final skill
  16. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

Your schlong must be Immense Khalad, to have the knowledge you have of Zerkerdom. W00t now to plan out my paths ... or at least 'get an idea' of them
  17. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

Hopefully this is my final question in regards to this stuff, but the whole 'Buckler' thing...please tell me they mean all shields...cause i never have nor would i ever use a buckler. The Stamina line looks great but i'd be all sad if i knew i never would use some of it...
  18. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

kfizzle,

What Kahlad just posted is the minimum requirement for getting to one of the final abilities, however you're actually going to have to spend at least 24 total points on one line that way (not just 16) since you have to spend 8 points to get the final ability, which still leaves you with 25 extra points to get skills in other lines if you wanted to use them for that instead of using all of your points in one line to get all max levels plus the final ability in that line. So you could spend 24 points in one line and 24 points in another line and have the minimum requirement in all the abilites plus get the final abilies of 2 different lines. Or if you really like the final ability in one line and don't really care for the final ability in the other line that you still want to get some abilities from, you could do what I'm thinking about doing and give extra points to the abilities that you like the most out of the 2 lines you're working with instead of wasting it on that extra final ability you don't really care that much about.

Also, when they say that certain skills require a buckler...I think they put that because a buckler is the lowest form of a sheild that we can still use. So basically as long as you have at least a buckler equipped the ability will still work and I'm sure that it will work just as well if you have a kite or tower sheild equipped instead.
  19. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

The wording on this sounds like the guardian skill Tower of Stone, which requires a tower shield I do not have the skill to test out other shields but It does not sound like it will work. But, it could have been a buckler for just testing purposes. These are being tweaked daily so we will see.
    My guess will be that it will be fixed, no reason to have buckler instead of tower.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 02-10-200610:30 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"I do not have the skill to test out other shields but It does not sound like it will work."

Not sure why you think that way, Khalad. Do you really think they expect Guardians and Berserkers to use a buckler instead of a kite or tower sheild just to make these abilites work? I seriously doubt that. That would be rather silly wouldn't it? Remember, these ability trees were designed espeically for the Warrior classes. No other classes have access to them. And no Warrior in his right mind actually uses a buckler although we have the ability to do so.

In any case I agree that the way they have it worded is very misleading and I hope they fix it soon to dispel the extra confusion that's being caused by it.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 02-10-200601:56 PM