Berserker KOS AA paths (List)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Khalad, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

These are still under construction, but this gives you an idea of where they are going.

Before you pick a path, you have to spend 1 point for Bind Wound. Its basically an out of combat regen.

Strength Path:

Executioners Strength: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, 4 str per level. (must spend 1 point in bind wound)

Executioners Wrath: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, when you strike a deathblow, you get a 16 min buff that increases your crit chance when you have an axe equipped. (must spend 4 points in Executioners Strength) Must have Axe equipped in primary

Weapon Expertise: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, Raises crit chance 1.3 per level, (must spend 4 points in Executioners Wrath)

Executioners Anger: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, Raises hate by 1% per level, (must spend 4 points in Weapon Expertise)

Executioners Fury: 8 points per level, 1 level. When the Berserker Falls below 50% health this will cast "Furious" on the caster. This raises crit chance by 20, lasts 300 seconds but is dispelled when the berserker's health goes above 50%. (Must spend 4 points in Executioners Anger)

agility Path

Dragoon's Agility: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, 6 AGL per level. (must spend 1 point in bind wound)

Phalanx: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, inflicts 184 damage and roots a non epic target, must have spear in primary, 20 second recast. (must spend 4 points in Dragoon's Agility)

Sweeping Strikes: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, 5% chance for autoattack to be AE (a chance to be open wounds without the haste) (must spend 4 points in Phalanx) Currently says its a buff until canceled, 10 second recast

Retaliation: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, .5% chance to reposte frontal attacks, parry ones from other quadrants, (requires 4 points into sweeping strikes)

Dragoon's Resilience: 8 points per level, 1 level, 36 second buff, 15 minute recast, When berserker is damaged in combat with a melee weapon this spell will inflict 94 heat damage on target and heal berserker for 65 (must spend 4 points in retaliation.

Stamina Path:

Gladiatiors Stamina: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, 5 Stamina per level (must spend 1 point in bind wound)

Gladiatiors Strike: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, On a succsesfull block, this will inflict 92 melee damage on target if a buckler is equiped in secondary. <--- many think this is a bug, we can hope. (must spend 4 in Gladiators Stamina)

Finesse: 1 point per level, 8 levels total: Increase attack speed by 20% if a buckler is equiped in secondary. <--- many think this is a bug, we can hope. (must spend 4 in Gladiators Stike)

Conditioning: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, increase max health by .6. (must spend 4 in finesse)

Efficiency: 8 points per level, 1 level: Berserker will consume 7% less power. 7% of power consumed will be added to health. (must spend 4 in conditioning)

Wisdom Path:

Demolishers Wisdom: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, 7 wisdom per level (must spend 1 point in bind wound)

Belly Smash: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, must have hammer equiped, 20 sec recast (looks like another combat art, but the damage numbers all say 0) (must spend 4 in demolishers wisdom)

Seasoned Veteren: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, raises dps by 2.5%. (must spend 4 points in belly smash)

Unshakable: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, raises mitigation by 40 per level (must spend 4 in Seasoned Vet)

Champion: 8 points, 1 level, inflicts 94-115 heat damage when the berserker blocks or parries

Intelligence Path:

Slayer's Intelligence: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, 8 INT per level (must spend 1 in bind wound)

Acceleration: 1 point per level, 8 levels total. This is under construction as well, but it seems like a haste buff with a proc. must have sword equiped (must spend 4 in Slayer's Int)

Double Attack: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, 3% chance to double attack per level for 114-190 damage(must spend 4 in acceleration)

Parry: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, increases parry by 2.9% per level (must spend 4 in double attack)

Unyeilding attack: 1 level, 8 points: Increase spell casting time of caster by 20, this seems to be a misprint (must spend 4 in parry)

Currently you can get 50 max AA points

Guardians Have the same AA list.

Message Edited by Khalad on 02-08-200606:04 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Dim_Perma Guest

"Sweeping Strikes: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, 5% chance for autoattack to be AE (a chance to be open wounds without the haste) (must spend 4 points in Phalanx) Currently says its a buff untill canceled, 10 second recast

Retaliation: 1 point per level, 8 levels total, .5% chance to reposte frontal attacks, parry ones from other quadrents, (requires 4 points into sweeping strikes)
    "

WOW as in they took this right from it... /sigh
  3. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Wait till you see what the tree and icons looks like. Somewhat familier to some of us.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

So if I would choose the path of int, what exactly would my beserker (or beserkers in general) get from increased intelligence? Or do I just have to waste points on int to get access to the following skills, which sound quite nice.
  5. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Some claim that INT causes taunts to be resisted less. I don't believe it myself. I am guessing nothing.
  6. ARCHIVED-blaero Guest

so, looking at these...what do you think you guys are gonna choose? I, for one, will not be taking strength. Really it's between agi/sta, but i like int/wis a bit too...if not for the wasted stats.
  7. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

I don't know alot about the AA system yet, but you have the points to get 2 lines if you choose the min 4 levels per and the last one. 24 points per tree, plus 1 for bind would. You could get bind wound, 2 lines min, with 1 point left over.
    I am not sure if there is any restrictions on the last ability and if you can get 2 from 2 differant trees. In WOW you could not. I honestly don't know about the system enough to be sure truthfully.

But if you can, prob going with the STR and the WIS line. Testing will tell better and some are not really finished.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 02-08-200603:33 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

It looks like I will be taking the STR and STA paths myself. I like the hate gain ability in the STR path.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

You can go 24 points in two lines. Blackguard explained the system in some-detail a week ago (or so) in an interview for an online gaming radio program. He explained that you can potentially get to the top ability in two trees with one point left over.
  10. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

I played with the AA too and yes, you can pick 2 8 points one.

I will defenetly go Agi path, the third line there , when putting 8 points in it gives us 40%!!!! change that each atack will be AOE.

The other line ill go is WIS, since thats where increase in DPS skill is and increase in mittigation by ...400 or so.
  11. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

The good thing is all of the paths have some promise, based on playstyle. Often things like this usually only have 1 path to go.
  12. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Hmm that WIS path looks nice too though. Hmm...
  13. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

I originally said STA in the above post, but meant the wisdom one, so edited it. Mainly for the mitigation.
  14. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

On the other hand it might actually be a better idea to kind of spread out your abilites some like they said some people might want to do. So like, for example...you could spend 17 points in one tree, 17 points in another tree, and 16 points in another, to get at least some ranks in all of the skills you like the most. The only real downside to that being that you would not be able to attain any of the final abilites in any of the trees. But are the final ablilities really so uber that you would be really missing out if you didn't get at least one of them? I'm not so sure. What do you think?
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 02-08-200607:01 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-blaero Guest

i think the str/agi final abilities are pretty cool, but nothing that i would get upset over not having. dont know about them being worth 8 points, though.
  16. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Also...if you chose to complete the STR and WIS tree wouldn't that be kind of a bad idea since one of the abilities in the STR line requires you to have an axe equipped in your primary slot and one of the ones in the WIS line requires you to have a hammer equipped there instead? In that case one of your abilities from one of the lines you chose will always be useless depending on what type of weapon you have equippped at the time. IMO that would kind of suck.
  17. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

If there is every any type of a class epic weapon, it will be an axe for us for sure. I would guess most berserkers will go STR.
  18. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

Has there been any mention of how Achievement respecs will work?
  19. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

I personally have yet to see a t6 fabled or even legednary no crafted axe. I personally prefer swords myself especially 2 ahdners but it looks like goignup the intelligence line would be a big waste of time since we have 0 spells and get nothign from intelligence at all atm.
    Also the end skill for STR doesn't seem that great. Imean if you are soloing or ona raid and all the healers are dead but besides that I never fall below 50% health unless I'm MT'ing on a raid and then usually if I'm below 50% health I'm gonna die very very soon.
  20. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

you spike alot in raids though, at least against tough mobs so it would be flickering on and off a bit.