Bear mounts not scaling

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Hirofortis, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

Ok, not sure if this is supposed to be this way, but the bear mounts are not scaling. They look fine for say a fae or small races, but saw a barbarian on one and lets just say I was laughing so hard at the complete mismatch that I could barely breath. Might want to look into this one SOE.
  2. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

Agreed, my ogre looks very odd on his bear. I almost feel bad riding him and wish I could have him follow me around at that size. Could someone please look into giving the bears some growth hormones?
  3. ARCHIVED-TheOrder20 Guest

Looks fine to me. I prefer to not see towering mounts that fill the whole screen and block everything in sight while standing at a broker.
  4. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Please scale the mount to an appropriate size based on the race of the rider!
    I don't want and or need something like the LON make my mount the size of a house but please at leat make them suitable size wise for the riders race.
    I buy a horse or a warg and it scales to my characters race, I buy a retail copy of TSO so I can stop spending plat on mounts and I get a teenie tiny bear for my barbarian?
    /Picard face palm
  5. ARCHIVED-graewulf Guest

Yeah, I was really disappointed with the scale of my bear. My Barbarian looks silly riding it. :(
  6. ARCHIVED-Kerech Guest

Is there any information on the speed of the bear mount and what it's supposed to be at various levels?
    I was surprised that my bear mount at 58 was only 30%. The carpet you got from the DIRTY quest was 35% and you could do that quest at level 1 :(
  7. ARCHIVED-Gamer1965 Guest

20% runspeed from 20-39 30% runspeed from 40-59 45% runspeed from 60-79 52% runspeed @ 80
  8. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

If we could please stay on topic regarding the mounts size / scaling or lack thereof I would appreciate it.
    I am hoping this was not intended (not scaling that is).
    Please and thank you.
  9. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Hmm...post a screenshot showing how awkward it looks..? :p (still on topic hah!)
  10. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

It does look a little funny :) The team is working on the fix for this!
  11. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

Kiara wrote:
    You ma'me... JUST MADE MY CHRISTMAS CARD LIST!

(note to self... start list for Christmas cards and put Kiara on it)
  12. ARCHIVED-Xentin Guest

Nm, doesnt want to let me post my picture to show how rediculous ogres look
  13. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Kiara wrote:
    A) Thank you / Them
    B) Is there a sense of urgency on the teams part, meaning this is not a game breaker but not a total backburner thing either?
  14. ARCHIVED-Temprah Guest

They are fixing this? Darn. I thought it made sense finally to see 1 size for all. Since it *IS* a bit more realistic honestly.. you do not get the kind of size spread within a species as you see. Horses sure, they can be different breeds to explain it. But the bears? They look to be exactly the same and should be the same size.
    Plus I am roflmao every time I see a fae sprawled out on one. Too bad.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zarador Guest

Yesterday for kicks I used my harvesting cloak on my Sarnak and grew 18% while my girlfriend used her moppet doll to shrink her Fae. It was truely an amusing sight for sore eyes.
  16. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Kiara wrote:
    As always, you can't please everyone.... I actually like seeing my big ugly troll on his sightly undersized bear mount.
  17. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

I posted a topic about this very issue under Items and Equipment. Here's the photo I posted there of an ogre on a dire bear. Pretty silly. Glad to hear it's being looked at!
    Edited to say, you do have a point, Spin. The size of the mount has some value when it comes to humor. If they didn't fix it, I was thinking about dressing my ogre all in pink and going with "silly." I guess he may be saved from this awful fate now, tho.
    [IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

haha thats awesome looking! :p
  19. ARCHIVED-Zutan Guest

I also noticed that your 'eye' level stays at your characters normal standing height, which means that in 3rd person more of your toon/mount blocks the view. It needs to move the 'eye' level up to where your actual eyes are depending on the mount you're on.
  20. ARCHIVED-Solaran_X Guest

When I noticed that the bear mounts didn't scale...I was estatic. Finally, some degree of realism in this world of things magically resizing to match their user! It just doesn't seem right that buying the same horse basically results in a clydesdale for Ogres and Trolls, a horse for humans and elves, and a pony for gnomes and dwarves. See a mount remain static across all races was a relief.
    Please SOE...leave the bear as it is.