Bane warding as a red adornment!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Gothun, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Stress@Permafrost wrote:
    I guess I wouldn't mind a version being a yellow adornment, seeing as it was a T3 bonus, and people claim they only want it for heroic and solo play. But if it were a yellow, it would have be slot restricted. I'd almost say bp only. I'd much rather see Greater Ancestral Barrier than Bane Warding as a red adornment.
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

It should work just like it did for T8. Bane Warding would be the yellow and Deadly would be the Red.
  3. ARCHIVED-Daedalus Raistlin Guest

Bane Warding was available on all the Shaman shard armor, though. Bane Warding was T1, Greater Bane Warding T2 and Deadly Bane Warding was T3. Personally, I think that it's pretty significant in how my Mystic plays - when soloing, he relies on it pretty often for damage output, and for grouping it keeps the aggro on the tank during initial pulls. In raids, it was often making up over 30% of our MT's damage output. Having to lose it feels like part of my class is being taken away.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cannibalize Guest

As other have stated this is a highly important part of our class now, especially now that everyone knows about it and its effects. Really would like to see this made in to an adornment. Tired of my raid tank begging me to wear 3 pieces of last tier gear just for this effect. 90% of the raid content allows me to wear it as well. Even though I've spent my dkp on the T1 raid pieces of SF, guess what sits in my bags 98% of the content (solo, group, and raid combined). If you intend on us wearing only the SF gear, as has been stated by quite a few devs, then us as a shaman class request this huge part of our utility be made into a red adornment.
  5. ARCHIVED-gloraron Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Anizlino5 Guest

/vote YES on deadly bane warding adorn!

Deadly Bane Warding is hands down our greatest DPS tool, if you don't believe that then you should relook at your spec, and how you play your defiler. There is nothing "okay" about it, it is what made defilers finally able to solo in an efficient manner, and a super tool in any group, or raid. The DPS gain is more like 40-52% for the MT depending on their potency and crit bonus.
    Azett~
    90 Defiler ~ Bane ~ Blackburrow
  7. ARCHIVED-Darkonx Guest

8. ARCHIVED-SonnyA Guest

Either that or remove bane warding from the game entirely. I'm tired of being forced to equip old x2 raid gear, simply because it's better than the crit bonus and potency I would otherwise get from three pieces of t9 raid armor.
  9. ARCHIVED-Undorett Guest

Don't see it in the GU56 notes, no replies from devs, so is the offical stance where your old junk if you want to contribute more to the raid than wearing your new gear?
  10. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Undorett wrote:
    It's on the seal merchant!!!!!!!

Not!
  11. ARCHIVED-Meriwyn Guest

Please give us a way to keep bane warding. My main is the MT templar, and the vast majority of the time when I'm in groups I'm with the MT and asked to play her. Occasionally if the MT isn't on two of our off tanks ask for me to play my mystic instead, just becuase they like the bane warding. If I don't get to keep bane warding I'll never get to play my mystic, or anything but my main toon. :-(
    Can we please get an official reply on this.
    Meri
  12. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Meriwyn wrote:
    Hmm, Bane the only reason you play a toon? Its good, but not that good
  13. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

IMO it is ridiculously overpowered. No single skill/ability/item proc should make up 40% of another person's freaking DPS. That is stupid imho
  14. ARCHIVED-Gothun Guest

Ocello wrote:
    I've never seen it do as much as 40%, like you're claiming. So either the people you play with need to learn to do just that, or you probably need some new homies. Just saying.

It seems like one of the major reasons people are supporting this is not just because they're shackled to the old gear, but other people are shackling them to it as well. I mean, I understand that that's basically the same thing, but being forced by other people to wear something is a lot worse in my opinion. Gotta love those guild leaders and MTs out there though!
  15. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Stress@Permafrost wrote:
    40% is a bit high. 15-25% seems about the norm for heroic stuff, depending. But I've seen it over 30%. It's usually at least 70% of mine when soloing though. I don't care if my shaman wears it, that's their call. Against easy content though I'd rather have that extra chunk of DPS than more heals. Doesn't always add to just the tank's DPS either.
    But ... I won't ever solo on my shaman again without it tbh.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

Stress@Permafrost wrote:
    The above poster said 40% on a raid, not me. I pulled up a parse from Demetrik's Bastion from the other day and it did 20%, adding almost 4k to my DPS as tank. This put me over 20k DPS for the zone, putting me past our Brig who did 19k. He wasn't happy about it, and I understand.
    Do people get overworked about parse numbers? Yeah. Is this skill for beyond the notion of "overpowered"? Hell yeah.
  17. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Ocello wrote:
    Bane is only extremely powerful against a large number of mobs hitting for moderate to low amounts. Also I'm willing to bet your an SK to turn out that DPS right?
  18. ARCHIVED-Gothun Guest

You don't have to be an SK to put out dps. I've seen every tank do more than 20k in instanced content, except maybe bruisers because nobody likes those or something.
    As for brigs crying, that seems about the norm this expansion, so that doesn't really help the 'bane warding is op!' cause.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

20. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Stress@Permafrost wrote:
    I wasn't saying that he had to be an SK, but just generally they will out DPS the other fighters, though other fighters can parse.