Bane warding as a red adornment!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Gothun, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

Debase@Najena wrote:
    Yeah I roll with a monk a lot and against warlocks without hate I will pop this on and it helps a ton. Plus it inflates her parse all to hell haha.
  2. ARCHIVED-Froakakhan Guest

Banditman wrote:
    this makes 0 sense as that is not how bane warding worked. if the tank was not engaged - to anything - bane warding would do 0 dmg even if the mob was beating on the tank. i use warding all the time to pick up shineys/harvest when a mob is too close and i dont bother fighting it. the mob beats on me all it wants and mob takes no dmg when i dont engage it. when im done i run off at full speed because i am still not engaged. how it DID help tons was in the early seconds of each fight, when the mobs had no debuffs and weren't being constantly stunned. it is a big early agro builder especially for tanks with subpar multi mob capabilities.
    i totally agree we need bane warding adornments, what i dont agree on is it should not be a red only adornment. there was no bane warding bonus on t4 gear. the bonuses from t4 were completely different from t1-3. bane warding was only on t1, t2, and t3. if anything a yellow bane warding adornment should equal the t3 deadly bane warding effect and a red adorn if they even bothered to put it in, should be a higher dmg version. i was excited to hear them announce yellow slots, but seeing them in game was a huge disappointment. 0 set bonuses from t8 non raid shard gear. not having adornments similar to set bonuses for t1, t2, or t3 is just plain dumb. i am UPGRADING my gear, so i should get something that is similar but improved. i should not be losing effects.
    as it stands i am not giving up my t3 deadly bane warding. my boots glove and hat are staying t3. there is nothing from t9 gear or yellow adorns that surpass deadly bane warding. cast speed? woop de doo i have it at 90% with the t3 pieces still, crit chance? please...... miniscule ammounts of potencty, crit bonus, or recast speed? maybe but still doesnt overtake bane warding.
  3. ARCHIVED-SeaKretNINja Guest

I don't play a shaman, but I am a raid leader...I fully support this idea (and no I'm not a tank!) It gave shaman...a sense of utility and something to brag about besides winning heal parses, bring it back without making them wear crap woe gear imo! Red slot bane warding adorns in 2010!
  4. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this... and cross my fingers some more. /sigh
  5. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

i rather see bane warding AA instead since i have no plans of raiding my defiler yet don't want to wear TSO gear for the rest of his existance.
  6. ARCHIVED-Carthrax Guest

I don't think it should be a shoulder adornment tho. If you make this a shoulder adornment for shaman's then you have to make class specific adornments for the shoulder slot, for every single other class.
  7. ARCHIVED-KatrinaDeath Guest

Carthrax wrote:
    The hell you do... Each class is unique. By your logic I should get an evac.
  8. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Swisha@Nagafen wrote:
    The two are completely unrelated. You can't give a special adornment to one or two classes without the other 22-23 screaming how unfair it is (and they're right, it would be unfair).
    [edit to add:] I am a defiler, and never quite understood the fascination with Bane Warding. I wore 3 T3 pieces only until I could upgrade to T4, and even now when I solo I rarely remember to swap my gear to get it back. Its just not that important to me, never has been. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. If this is added as a new adornment, it needs to go into one of the already existing class-specific slots, and the other classes should also be able to get their T3 bonus as an adornment choice.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xill Guest

Malachani wrote:
    Have you ever parsed what DBW does? And for soloing there is absolutely nothing better. I literally heal things to death. Ever been in a group with a tank struggling to hold aggro? Pop this on and he will never stop thanking you. Or just low dps in a group? Again you can use this to boost your tanks dps by 20-30% easily depending on the encounter. To not understand the "fascination" is to not understand what it can do.
  10. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Xill wrote:
    This is, I think, why there is no red adornment and why I doubt one is forthcoming. They believe it to be too powerful. I'm never getting rid of mine and won't level to 100 without it. I've seen Bane Warding make up 30% of a tank's ZW DPS. It's usually at least 10% of my own when a shaman has it. When soloing from 84 to 90 in The Hole, it was always well over half of my own DPS. Some fights as much as 85%.
    I wouldn't have played my Defiler to 90 if it weren't for Bane Warding, honestly. And I'm sure I won't play to 100 without it. Despite being mostly mastered in EoF, I leveled to 71 in RoK ... realized grouping for XP wasn't happening, and put it on the shelf until TSO. Hitting 80 and putting on T1 shard gear even changed everything. Even with just T1 it was over half my DPS. It was a far larger upgrade than the Mythical.
  11. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Xill wrote:
    I am entitled to my opinion. You love it. I just kind of "meh" about it. I hardly ever solo, I usually duo with my fiance, or two-box if I plan to be at it a while. I just can't rationalize to myself giving up what I consider better effects for myself and my raid for a little more dps for the tank.
    Clearly its very powerful but I think that is why they won't ever make it a red adornment, especially not a special red adornment that no other classes get something similar. IMO, if its going to be a red adornment, you gotta give up something to keep it, thus why I said it should share the same slots with all the rest of the class-specific adornments.
  12. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

There will always be weaksauce tanks who cannot manage to out-DPS Bane Warding. The worse the player, the better Bane Warding seems to be.
  13. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Well ... THAT I've never seen. That would be pretty amazing. I was surprised enough at those for whom it was 30%, but ... not much shard gear, no mythical, shouldn't be all that surprising I suppose.
  14. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Not true. Actually its the other way around. I can go pull the first named in Cella with all the mobs around it and parse 90k DPS. 50k DPS will be DBW.....
    I luv the stuff, but easy to see why it hasn't been added as an adornment. Lol they should make it a yellow adornment so that it is a big choice going from T3 raid armor to Legendary gear to use DBW. Fun for trash, but probably not going to be used in hard encounters.
  15. ARCHIVED-Undorett Guest

Previous tier set effects were supposed to be put into red adornments. I know this effect as well as rockiron nerves are not on red adornments yet, but should be. Make each of them BP only red adorns, so you are forced to pick between something that is class specific and these great adorns from last tier. Do the same for other classes who might be missing set effects from their T3/T4 sets from last tier. Please stop making people wear last tier's gear for set effects.
  16. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Undorett wrote:
    Where did they say that T3 set bonuses would be made into Red Adornments? Heck, not even all my T4 set bonuses were made red adornments! Defilers do not have a Greater Ancestral Barrier red adornment, which was our 5 piece bonus (as well as the t3 bp effect). I haven't checked many of the other classes, I sort of browsed illusionist and necro red adorns, but I'm not as intimately familiar with their T4 bonuses as I am with defiler, but I'm pretty sure that neither of them (nor anyone else) has T3 effects as Red adornment options.
  17. ARCHIVED-ErikGunner Guest

Miss the proc increaser on CoB/PoTM tbh
  18. ARCHIVED-Malicorp Guest

Malachani wrote:
    Other than the 5-sets and assorted 6-sets (Sorc I know of) is there any class that didn't get their T3 set bonuses? I don't know that it was expressly stated that red adornments were intended to replace T3 set bonuses, but the chronology of events made it a logical leap. The Dev's stated they weren't making new set gear because it was too hard to balance. Players pointed to several set bonuses that were critical nearing class defining now (Inquis Tenacity as a group buff compared to Templar which is/was on their Mythical). Red adornments appeared and apply class-specific spell bonuses.
    I can't possibly understand the idea that Bane Warding is overpowered. Its phenominal solo, good in group settings, and pretty meh in any raid setting I have tested it in lately. At one time, when raid mob reactives procc'ed it (Anashti, Avatars) it was really OP. Now, even in an OT group on encounters with significant adds (Klaaktus, Ox, etc) my tank doesn't gain much dps at all and I haven't seen it equate to more than 1% of a raid parse in SF. In a heroic dungeon, it certainly performs better and for solo play, its pretty much the best thing going.
    The reality is Bane warding is a desired set bonus thats completely irreplacable for its specific role by any gear in SF. Therefore, it forces players to utilize old tier gear in certain settings. Thats the definition of a set bonus that belongs as a red or yellow adornment somewhere.
    5-set bonuses should have been BP only red adornments imo.
  19. ARCHIVED-mafoe Guest

Either make this available to all healers or just leave it. I don't see why shamans should have such an advantage in all kinds of content: solo, heroic, and raid.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gothun Guest

mafoe wrote:
    This doesn't make any sense. Solo wise, bane warding probably makes us equal. As someone said before, heroic and raidwise, it gives us a sense of utility. Our (defiler) group buffs have nothing to do with dps at all. It's all hitpoints and mit/resists. We do nothing to help the group in other senses.
    As for whoever mentioned the only reason they "probably wouldn't" make a red adornment is solely because it increases raid tank dps, there have been plenty of reasons why people use this. A lot of -good- reasons.
    I agree with it not being put on shoulders for class specific things, but like I said before, I honestly don't care what slot it is as long as we get it, which is why this thread is here!
    Also, thanks for the bumps/replies as I haven't had a chance to check this recently.