Bane warding as a red adornment!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Gothun, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Gothun Guest

I'd like to see bane warding as a red adornment for shamans, or at least some way to get it with t9 gear instead of having to drop down to t3 t8 armor!

Just an idea but would be really appreciated!
  2. ARCHIVED-arieste Guest

yes indeed. i know myself and others are going to have to keep wearing the T8 T3 for bane alone on many fights. Red adorn would be great.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sylvellior Guest

Bane warding is somewhat nice for raids, but is a lot more usefull when grouping or soloing. Making it a yellow adornment (or avaible both as yellow or red) would be better.
    But yes, for the sake of all defilers who try to solo things, keep it aviable on new gear.
  4. ARCHIVED-FimisOrbe Guest

+1
    Doesn't have to be that High hitting like the WoE one, but would be great to have it on SF stuff again.
  5. ARCHIVED-FreddyRo Guest

6. ARCHIVED-SootyEbonlore Guest

agreed, i have been using bane warding alot and would love to be able to use T9 equipment, without sacrificing bane warding.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

Yeah, I would love to have deadly bane warding as a red slot effect. I was trying to think of ways to have 3 pieces of t3 on in a setup that wouldn't sacrifice too much crit mit.
  8. ARCHIVED-Slowin Guest

Yellow or red, i don't care but make it available!!
  9. ARCHIVED-CawtiDawnflower Guest

I've /feedbacked this myself. There's probably several TSO shard gear focus effects that folks will have a hard time giving up. The power proc that druids get as a 5-set is another strong example. These effects would make a lot of sense as additional yellow slot adornment choices, though I'd love to see bane warding in particular as a red slot.
    I've tried soloing as a defiler without bane warding..., it's still painful even after the stat consolidations. Please keep this affect available on T9 gear.
  10. ARCHIVED-gloraron Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

White, Shoulder only: Bane Warding.
    Yellow, Shoulder only: Greater Bane Warding.
    Red, Shoulder only: Deadly Bane Warding.

Please.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gothun Guest

Glad to see this idea has a lot of support so far. Hopefully someone reads it. Wearing the three pieces of t3 in t9 raids is a little scary with the higher than normal chance of getting owned. Believe me, I've found out which fights are and are not good to wear it on!
  13. ARCHIVED-Tholar Guest

supporting this fully, having to wear t3 t8 gear is just not right just for the effect.

red adornment for deadly bane warding.
  14. ARCHIVED-Estean1 Guest

I'm on board with this. Would be nice.
  15. ARCHIVED-thog_zork Guest

good proposal other classes got nice stuff also on WOE and X4 TSO set maybe consider those also als red/yellwo adorments e.g. elemental disruption on conjurur woe set bp or elemental netherbolt 5 set bonus for conjuror and necromancer
  16. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Bane warding should have a trigger limit, just like what was done with the Avatar of Growth charm (damage reactive).

Until then, Bane Warding is grossly overpowered, and I am not suprised Shamans are asking for it in T9! :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Bane Warding - making Main Tanks think they parse higher than they actually do since '09!
  18. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Bane Warding does have a trigger limit.
  19. ARCHIVED-SonnyA Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Brilliant idea.. It's sick that I only have two options for shoulder slot. 5 Cast speed or 2% flurry..
  20. ARCHIVED-CawtiDawnflower Guest

Oh I like the idea of using the shoulder slot for the old WOE set focuses. I really think that a lot of classes, not just shaman would love to have that option of replacing the 3 and 5 set focuses from the WOE gear on their T9 armor, and convieniently, there are 2 slots that currently can only use generics: Cuffs and Shoulders.
    Would a scout choose the lifetap proc over a bit of flurry? Probably not but maybe? Would a druid want to chose the group mana proc over 5% cast haste or spell DA?
    Choices are good and putting back the WOE set focuses (for all classes!) as yellow+red choices on the slots that currently can only use generics sounds like a really fun idea. It would also add some much needed class flavor and interest to the legendary sets. Upgrading only for the stats and having every mage look like every other mage, and every scout look like every other scout is kind of boring. (That's another welcome focus, I bet, the bard ones!)

EDIT:
    It would also smooth out progression a bit for casual players as well as raiders, as the legendary cuffs can be bought with shards, but (as I recall) the shoulders are dropped only. So, if there's some WOE-gear class focus that you can't live without for your toon, buy a cuffs armor piece from the vendor (or a shard crafter) and adorn it right away with the set focus you need the most. Then you can break up your set as you progress through instances and see good pieces and pick up the second focus later when you are lucky enough to see the dropped shoulders.

Although the shaman are particularly attached to bane warding, this surely isn't a shaman-only issue with upgrading!

Just to be clear: My vote is to have the WOE/shard gear 3 and 5 set focuses for all classes available as cuff/shoulders-only yellow and red adornments. Pretty please! The new gear is kind of boring, a little bit of class flavor for the legendary stuff would be lovely.