Bag Sorting

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Terrogaunt, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Eshaac Active Member

Ok.. I will work heavily on this, but I can't tonight.. I have to log, but will be at it very early in the morning.. 4-4:30am so by the time you get to your spot I hope to have more detailed info for you.

One thing I think I'm noticing is if a bag gets full and there are still more stuff that the bag is sorted for the items do not go into the next bag, but I think they are getting placed into overflow even if there are bags that are not selected for sorting... If that makes any sense.

Eshaac
  2. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Ok. if I have bag 1 as accept any, bag 2 as potions only and the rest of the bags as any it should dump potions in bag 2?
  3. Terrogaunt Developer

Because bag 1 also accepts potions, it will fill bag 1 with potions first. You're really better off never selecting "All Items" since it will start placing items in whatever bag is available after it has done its priority allocations
  4. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

ok. there's some freaky stuff happening. /sort_bags name. I get bag 1 and 2 visually empty. except slot 1 bag 1. move that item to bag 5 and now in slot 1 bag 1 is another item.... repeat for several items. then it gets to the point where nothing else shows up in bag 1 slot 1 but the last item I moved rotates out with another item if I move it.
    *scratches head*
  5. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Yeah, that's not working either. bag 1 is getting 1 item (or rather a stack of items in the number 1 slot).
  6. Terrogaunt Developer

Probably related to that other bug you mentioned. I'm trying to figure out why it's doing that right now, actually
  7. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Screenshots incoming.
    Before sort:
    [IMG]
    after /sort_bags name
    [IMG]
    The item is bag 2 slot 1 is Trophy: Vox's Head.
    Drag bag 2 slot 1 to bag 5 slot 40:
    Gives:
    [IMG]
    And there are more items under the Twin Dragons in bag 2 slot 1.
  8. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I see the options are in a tiny scrolling window much like the one in the crafting recipe window for books the recipes are in. Seeing small portions of lists is not user friendly, While scrolling is handy for the designer it is annoying for the user and should be used sparingly.
    [IMG]
  9. Eshaac Active Member

Ok, First thing I did was to sort first bag to Equipment & Armor. The other bags "no" sort options set except for the last 2 bags set to "skip bag". Sorted bags by name. Results were armor sorted by name then under armor equipment sorted by name. And a bunch of stuff placed in my overflow instead of all the other bags that had "no" options set with empty spots.

Second time I removed "all" sort options from "all" the bags and did a "sort_bags name" and same results with separate items being sorted within themselves and more stuff being placed in my overflow.. adornments, vet rewards etc... with Lots and lots of empty spaces still in some of my bags.

Then I set the "first 4 bags" to take "all" items and again did the "sort_bags name" with same results as the previous 2 times.. Stuff sent to me overflow while there is still empty spots in some of me bags and 2 bags with totally nothing in them yet here I am with stuff in my overflow.

Now during these 3 tests I did have the last 2 bags in my persona inventory set to "skip bag" which I would have thought would have allowed anything in it in any order which I'd have thought the other stuff would have gone into instead of me overflow.

This is where I'm at for now.

Eshaac
  10. Terrogaunt Developer

Can you PM me your character name? I want to try it on your toon
  11. Eshaac Active Member

Hi sorry was afk.. it's Eshaac :)

Eshaac
  12. Terrogaunt Developer

Woot! I think I found the bug. The sorting fix should be on the next Test update
    Eshaac likes this.
  13. Eshaac Active Member

You going to share what it was..

Eshaac
  14. Terrogaunt Developer

Well, I changed a few things but I think that the biggest was that one of my conditional statements was not actually part of the chain (/facepalm), so items matching certain criteria were able to get into two separate sorting types at the same time.

Edit: it was only happening with quest flagged items. That's why I had such a hard time finding it when I just spawned items, since the quest flagging is often inherited from the quest it comes from!
  15. Eshaac Active Member

ah.. and hence the poor bags getting confused.. :confused:

Cool hope it gets in tonight/evening. Wife and daughter going out so I'll have some good time to spend. Well, couple hours anyway.. lol. Hope ye got some use out of me toon with the problem..

Eshaac
  16. Terrogaunt Developer

Yeah, sounds like it's going to go to Test some time (edit) tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm going to start adding a few more filtering types in the Bag Options window and see about making that window resizable.
  17. Eshaac Active Member

Resizable will be nice..

Eshaac
  18. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Something I just noticed too. After you do a sort, the mousover tooltip for your bag shows the contents of the bag before the sort.
  19. Terrogaunt Developer

Could be a new code change, but I'm not seeing that issue on Eshaac's character. I'll make a copy of Ohoh and test it out soon
  20. Lanar New Member

If you could do this with crafted items to a broker box, my carpal tunnel would indeed be salved...
    Emms and Avianna like this.