Bag Sorting

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Terrogaunt, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Ok. Bag 1. Skip this bag. Bag 2: collections, harvests, house items, misc, quest items checkmarked. Bag2 Bag Label: Bag 2.
    When I do a sort bag 1 and two always end up empty. house items would include raid trophies correct?

Edit: oh, after a sort, if bag 1 had something in it and it gets sorted out of it, the tooltip over the persona window for that bag shows those items even though the bag is visually empty. (zoning corrects the tooltip)
  2. Terrogaunt Developer

Trophies usually are house items, yeah. I don't think they have their own item type, but I could be wrong.

Aside from the tooltip, are you noticing any sorting that you wouldn't expect? ( Baubles are currently being filtered into the equipment section. I'm working on solving that since technically they are "charms" )
  3. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Yeah. Bag 1: skip
    Bag 2: Adornments, attuned items, collections, harvests, house items, misc, quest items.
    Bag 3: Adornments, attuned items, bauble, equipment, poisons, potions, weapons
    Bag 4: everything EXCEPT poisons and potions checked.
    /sort_bags name and bag 2 gets a harvesting bag, merc token, Note from the Palace, power cell key, lvl 80 food and drink stack, torpor draught, and 2 raid trophies. Bag three is EMPTY, bag 4 gets potions and poisons (even though those are unchecked on that bag)
    (edit, messed up bag numbers)
  4. Terrogaunt Developer

I'm not sure I follow. Also, the Attuned Item and Adornments checkboxes won't auto-check on anymore when test gets patched.
  5. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

check my edit had bag numbers off.
  6. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Force items into overflow:
    Bag1: skip (4 items to force into overflow, temporary adorns)
    Bag2: collections, harvests, house items, quest items
    Bag3: armor, bauble, equipment, house items, misc, poisons, potions, weapons
    Bag4: skip (13 empty slots)
    Bag5: skip (completely full)
    Bag6: skip (34 empty slots)
    move the items from bag 1 to bag 2 then
    /sort_bags name
    The items are forced into overflow (which shows when you zone)
  7. Terrogaunt Developer

Drat, there shouldn't be any more overflow shenanigans. I'll copy your character now to see what's up.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Playing with it a bit today, I'm finding some armor pieces & bucklers are not going into the bag designated weapon/armor bag.

If I add equipment to the sort there the bag fills with potions and the buckler & helm are still not included.

Another bag I have designated for potions/baubles/quest items & not a single potion showed up in that bag. Some baubles did, some did not.

I have no bags set to 'skip" so everything should be moving. Harvests, collections, misc, adornments & quest items seem to move consistantly to the proper bags. None of the potions I own seem to reallize they are potions & refuse to go into anybag I have marked for potions but will happily go into armor, house item & adornment/collection bags.
  9. Terrogaunt Developer

I mentioned this previously, but some of those potions/baubles are technically "Charms", aren't they? Hover over them and check their valid slot. If it says charm, that's why it's going in the equip bag. I'm going to work on a fix for that. As for Bucklers, shield items technically are not armor, though they should be equipment. I'll see if I can find a logical place to sort them to. If not, I'll make another "shield" type filtering method.
    Finora likes this.
  10. GnomesAreForEating Member

I will admit I haven't read through this thread entirely, but if someone who has could note here whether the question of moving all non-brokerables out of a bag has been answered, I'd appreciate it.

I have found that the most frustrating thing with respect to bag sorting, for me, is when I've attempted to use the old method of sorting a bag (i.e. drop whole bag on broker, yank out items one by one to an empty bag you've placed in slot 1) is subverted by the inability to quickly and easily identify items that are not allowed on the broker. It is not a simple matter to sort through countless icons regardless of the speed your tooltips are set, and then to remove said items to a hard-to-deal-with bag and then take the first and proceed with the old method.

At times, it seems easier simply to line up two characters, open a trade window, and hold alt and click everything in your inventory one at a time, using the second character to sort with. Yes, in case you didn't know, holding alt with a trade window open and clicking items from inventory is the fast trade method. I can't tell you how many times I've come across people (veterans included) who are not aware that you needn't drag and drop everything. Hold alt and click, it's great (old) functionality.
  11. Terrogaunt Developer

I haven't made any filtering method for items that don't go on the broker. Probably not a bad idea though, since all of that stuff is essentially vendor trash and you'd want to separate it from your good stuff.
  12. Avianna Well-Known Member

There was talk a while back to yoink the idea from rift that all vender fodder could be sold at the push of a button to the vender, and then it just died. being able to walk up to a vender and click sell all junk would really be handy in sorting me bags to begin with.
  13. Terrogaunt Developer

Just fyi, I'm rearranging a few of the sorting values so you may have to readjust any "All" or "Skip" bags that you have when this code goes in. I'll mention the All in the patch notes so you know when it's there.
  14. Eshaac Active Member

Is it possible to have Fuels added to the "Personal Depot's"? Would save on having to create another depot for folks homes.

Eshaac
  15. Emms Member

Most be a couple of year back now when general tradeskilled items such as totem made by woodworkerers was changed from items with several charges to items with one charge that was stackable! compare:
    \aITEM -1502036144 -1896970533:Spirit Totem of the Chokidai\/a
    \aITEM -2042939451 -1896970533:Spirit Totem of the Chokidai\/a
    First item is a spirit totem with 5/5 charges and it can't be stacked to anything else no matter how many or few charges it have.
    Second item is a spirit totem with one charge, it can (iirc) be stacked up to 100, one pristine combie yield 20 totems.

I think what is asked for is that more items need this change to. I would say that all tinkered items that I'v seen are still unstackable items with many charges. Also as anaugi said rewards from solo instances in CoE are all unstackable items! such as \aITEM -1382250269 1250347171 0 0 0:[Totem of Quickness]\/a and \aITEM 2079716050 313773732 0 0 0:[Research Time Reduction]\/a

I have feedbacked the tinkered items, 23 september 2011. I can shoot of a feedback again ofc if it help.

I emagine it being really neat if the sortbag command would help to merge stray clutters items to one stack of "Totem of Quickness" or one stack with "Defibrillating Heart Stopper"
  16. anaugi Member

Yea,.. this was mostly the point I was making.. I can understand it's using an item-type definition to say how many can be stacked, but it really needs to be part of the bag sorting discussion because it's an integral part of it.

We're trying to find eases and efficiencies to dealing with bag and bag space, and this is a huge issue. Especially if you hold on to many of these things, (ie: totem's of quickness are beautiful in Battlegrounds, so you want to have a bunch of them). Same with Tinkered items, ie: Manastones for having for raid.. (For yourself or to hand out).

The fact that so many items have so many different rules based on bag usage, stacking issues, stacking amounts etc.. really makes it a pain when setting up and sorting bags.

An.
  17. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Bag1: skip bag. contents: one stack of 66 fresh-cut rose
    Bag2:: collections, harvests, house items, quest items
    Bag3: armor, bauble, equipment, house items, misc, poisons, potions, weapons contents: misc consumables and the two items listed later in this post.
    Bag4: skip bag
    Bag5: skip bag
    Bag6" skip bag
    Click sort on persona window and \aITEM 647329961 1093145648 0 2 1043034459 0 1 2 0 2 1 "" 0 2 1922896175:prototypical Rhenium Torque of Agility\/a and \aITEM -1934262268 740698411 0 0 0:Stone of Cascading Darkness\/a moves from bag 3 to bag 1 with the Torque going over the top of the stack of roses in bag 1.
  18. Terrogaunt Developer

The stone sounds like it correctly went to bag 1 since you don't have a bag flagged for adornments. I'm looking at why the other item went there. Edit: Nevermind! It turns out it's an attuned item and that's why it sorted there. I really need to find a way to make the "Attuned" filter more intuitive since it supersedes all of the other equipment-type filters.

As for the item going on top of the rose, I found out why that was happening and it should be fixed soon.
  19. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Right. I understand the why, the only real reason for the post was the item going on top of the rose.
    Will be doing more tests with different items and filters and such to make sure you didn't miss any overflows ;)
  20. Terrogaunt Developer

I sort of figured as much, just covering all the bases :p. The item going over the rose was due to me incorrectly comparing against one of my iterators. I changed it and it seems to be working fine now.

As for the Equipment sorting option, I'm in the process of getting rid of it right now and replacing it with two new filter types: Cloak and Jewelry.

Thanks again for all the help :D