Bad news from Beta

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Visay1, Feb 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Daxtyr_AnnonTuri Guest

well i think ALL casters should have a minimium distance to spells ...... if Mob_001 is to close the caster takes half the spell damage no resist check just straight damage.

i hate wizzies

-Dax
  2. ARCHIVED-21_Blessings Guest

Good.

Now hopefully all you fairweather Rangers won't roll one on the peeveepee server. 70% of the Good population being Rangers would of been really bad.

I can be an unique butterfly now.
    Message Edited by 21_Blessings on 02-15-200604:32 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Great to see ya posting Jay! I was wondering when you were going to chime in with somethign to say. I agree we cannot take this lying down and I want to know how they are going to compensate us. I am getting really sick of all the changes SOE is making all the time. Not jsut minor changes but broad sweeping changes. Every upate we are playing a new game. Was there even a plan for this game in place when they started?
    This is just one giant beta testing playground. They will never get it right as all their tweaks show. I work in the software business and if there is one thing I know if you fix one thing and others things break you have a poorly coded product. This is what is happening with SOE. They tweak one thing and it breaks something else. They only have so many fingers to plug the dam, pretty soon they are going to have to just rebuild the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].
    I am going to keep playing but not for long. I am just biding my time for NWN2 and then buh-bye SOE. I will never purchase another SOE product again. Don't get me wrong it is not from these changes alone. It is from everything they do - the CU, the ring changes, the itemization, the bugs, the release of broken expansions, and now this. It just a complete lack of oversight and total neglect for their playerbase. These changes might be needed but if changes of this magnitude are needed why the hell was the game released 2 years ago.
    Elbryan
    60 Ranger
  4. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

This makes me want to cry :(
  5. ARCHIVED-Impetus Guest

That was a good post, Dejah. Frankly, I think the easier adjustment would have been to make longbows a 3sec delay instead of 7sec, but this dev team seems to prefer large revamps to "get things perfect" rather than simpler fixes that might not be quite as good, theory/system-wise.
  6. ARCHIVED-BtilTheMage Guest

"well i think ALL casters should have a minimium distance to spells ...... if Mob_001 is to close the caster takes half the spell damage no resist check just straight damage.

i hate wizzies"

And I hate your arguments.

You haven't done anything except make blatantly bad ideas into arguments since the change was announced.

For example.

"well i dont mean to be an idiot or anything but why cant a ranger be top dps ... Who says a magic based attack is THE most powerful ..

i mean the gods are dead or gone ... so magic is or should be limited in at least one respect.

rangers do not use "magic" to do damage they use there abilities and yes even poison.

so my question is this .... Why cant the ranger be top DPS? why does a wizzard or warlock have to?
    and i am sure you will not have an answer so i say this ... if a ranger is not top DPS tell me why a magic caster should be or any class for all i care.

i personally think an enchanter who can charm a NPC should be able to out DPS anyone for the duration of the charm if the NPC is able to do huge damage ... let it.

my 2cp

-Dax"

Why shouldn't Warlocks be top melee damage. Magic is stronger than metal. We could use magic as swords.

Seriously man, cut it out.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

Well, like I said with my tombstone, I don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that Rangers are dead. I've played a Ranger long before LU 13 and I will continue to play one. I'm willing to wait to see what happens in the game through my own experimentation. I appreciate those on Beta giving us a heads-up to what can be expected so that I'm prepared for it. If we are gimped back to pre-LU 13, we will do what we always do. Fight for our rightful place in Tier 1.

I do have to cry bull[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] on the ranger who thinks he's killing everything in sight without using poisons. And since I play a necro (and run with level 60 necro's) as well as a Ranger, I will tell you that I highly doubt that you were killing mobs faster than a pair of necro's without using your poison. Keep living in your dreamworld. The veterans here know what is what.

What is really chapping my [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] today is the fact that after we have commented for months that casters aren't doing the damage they should be, we have a huge amount of casters coming into our forums to wave a flag and say "ha ha". Really. How about growing up. There is nothing worse than someone wishing their own misery on a class that has always wished better things for you. Your problem is with the devs, not the rangers. Please stop trolling our forums and raise your voice in your own. Every time I see a post here like that, it makes it just a little bit harder for me to help one of you in-game when you run into trouble. We are quite possibly the most-friendly class you will see here and in-game. We have a strong sense of community and for the life of me, I can't figure out why you would wish to make enemies of the entire community here.

Btil: If you don't wish to see people post statements like that, maybe you should avoid the one forum that you have seriously lost any credibility with. You have done more damage to your class, with your words, than any dev. Every nerf that hits your class will just make me think "couldn't have happened to a nicer guy".

In summary, keep the faith guys. Let's see what happens with all this before we get bent out of shape. I trust Memory's research in this, but would still like to see it myself before I give feedback on it.
  8. ARCHIVED-TrigunVash Guest

OMG SOON, they will say t3 dps is too much for rangers, pahtfinding wayyyy to godly.

and then they will take our bows away give us rubber duckies and change our class name to Class Clown

we are close to it.

we are most expensive class to maintain, and worst dps. GOOD GAME. /reroll conj ftw
  9. ARCHIVED-BtilTheMage Guest

"Btil: If you don't wish to see people post statements like that, maybe you should avoid the one forum that you have seriously lost any credibility with. You have done more damage to your class, with your words, than any dev. Every nerf that hits your class will just make me think "couldn't have happened to a nicer guy"."

I think you missed the post where I said that I think this nerf is too much. Anyhow, this guy has been starting new threads in the spell/combat forums trying to flame Wizards. Requesting for him to stop isn't a bad thing. Hate me if you will, but at least I don't open new threads to argue. Everything I have posted is reactive, you can search if you want.
  10. ARCHIVED-galobart Guest

I 'm Wizzy - 60
    ... and Ranger - 58.

Dear +++ +++ +++,

This is an email to verify that the recent pre-order you placed at the Station Store has been cancelled. No charges have been billed to your credit card. If the cancellation of your order is in error, please visit the Station Store at ----and place your order again.

Thank you, and do visit us again!

Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
    SOE Europe Limited for customers in the EU

------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    PREORDER NUMBER: 804078
    PREORDER DATE: January 17, 2006
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BILLING INFO:

Waiting to see the changes....
  11. ARCHIVED-JoeMaxx Guest

Hi Im a WIZ, lev 52 and a guardian lev 48, Im not going to flam or pour salt into your wounds. In truth i feel for you guys. I sort of liked that the Ranger class in EQ2 was so strong. In EQ1 the ranger was a joke. You know RANGER DOWN heh. So I was glad to see the Ranger doing so well. That being said I want you to know that your class will survive this nurf. It's not as bad as it could be. Remember I play a guardian so I know how bad it can be. The truth is as a Wiz I felt that my DPS was not up to the class description and that the ranger class was overpowering. I didn't want the Ranger nerfed I wanted some of what you had. But SOE has there own way of doing things. So I guess what I'm saying is hang in there and don't quite because of one nurf. Wait it out and see what happens. I think you'll find that the Ranger will still be in the top 2 or 3 in DPS. GOOD LUCK to you all and I'll see you in game. Oh and don't worry I'm sure my WIZ will be next on the nerf list.
  12. ARCHIVED-Craien Guest

Well I can't say that I was surprised that Sony brought your damage down, but I was at the extent to which they did. I sincerely hope that you get a bump back up to where you should be, and soon. Best of luck, and know that Assassin's are behind you.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bayler_xev Guest

I created a spreadsheet with a mathematical model of ranger damage and how the proc change will affect us. See my post here for the discussion and a link from which you can download the spreadsheet and play with the numbers.
  14. ARCHIVED-King Leoric Guest

Soooo, with what sounds like a very disappointing change to rangers coming in KoS, I may happen to have a lvl 60 ranger for sale.... :0) He comes equipped with 22, or maybe 23 fabled items all t5 or t6 with quite a few masters. Not that people will want to be playing him as he may be getting extremely nerfed. Thanks sony, I almost forgot what life was like befor LU13.
    Yours truly, and loyal ranger since day one.

Leoric
    Level 60 ranger
  15. ARCHIVED-Memory01 Guest

Newest impressions from Beta:

they changed some of our AAs to lower reuse timers, they gave us a melee-hurricane-until-canceled-buff, they gave us a buff that would debuff the enemies casting and combat skills by 50 points FOR 10 SECONDS WHEN WE GET HIT.

they didnt fix toxic expertise (still doesnt proc on our rarely procing intial poison hit)

they didnt fix point blank shot (still 5-5m and not usable therefore)

for ppl without AA: youre still [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ed

Summary:

We are not Tier1 DPS. With AAs we can tweak up a little, but still are pretty far away from the rest of the T1. We pay to be able to keep up with Tier1 ? shouldnt we be Number1 Tier1 because of having to pay and the least utility ? We are not Tier1, even if we pay.
  16. ARCHIVED-Keredh Guest

I've rangered since tabletop and rangered with SOE since EQ1. This is the first time I've thought about forgetting it. Until recently, these were polite and self-disciplined forums - the adolescent gloating of trollers and those who would rather see another class hit than improvements made to their own are too much to stomach.
    I've no problem with a reduction in our DPS. I accept that we shouldn't be top of the DPS tree. To pull us down to the mid-table however, does fundamentally alter our role. Would one of the trolls, with their power-feeding, or their Call of the Hero or their group buffs explain exactly what utility rangers bring to the highe end game apart from damage? Pathfinding? Find me someone without a horse or a carpet. Tracking? Find me someone who doesn't navigate faster using EQMap. Evac? The last evac I got in group was from a wizard (who can also power-feed a power-bled tank or healer). Rangers had one utility: damage.
    If the figures and descriptions are correct, the reason to play now is either attachment to the RP idea of a ranger - or because some of us who have levelled this far really haven't the time to level another class (not all of us can invest hours and hours and hours a day - took me well over a year to hit 60).
    Before LU13 we were a class that were a labour of love to play. Many found it hard to get groups as we brought no utility and damage was low. LU13 changed that - and overpowered us. I have no problem with a downards adjustment in our damage to bring us into line. But the SOE solution? Take us back. How mad for poisons not to proc off each arrow? If you just think about it it makes no sense. Poison would be on the arrow, not on some mystical set of ideas that constitute a combat art. But... A proc "nerf" to rangers is the most cost-efficient (in terms of Dev time) way of balancing what they (and other vocal classes) regard as a problem.
    As someone who has always been of the Jay school of thought on class and development, I can honestly say this is the first time I have seriously thought about retiring my main. I have no intention of being a burden on the group or the class brought along because guildmates/raidmates want me to feel included (heh, the latter will take a cooler, colder look at it anyway and organise their groups accordingly - when you die with a single hit as a ranger or a wizard, why bring the ranged damage class without utility and that parses at T3 [and every raid I have been on has had someone parsing the damage]?). I have no melee ability to speak of for the up-close and personal fights so soloing gets even harder. I am assuming that the SK taunt issue, which was raised so many months ago, will get an adjustment long before a "re-fix" of rangers... That has been months - I don't see SOE responding to us for a very long time.
    I am trying - but it is hard to see this as anything other than a breaking "fix" rather than a reasonable adjustment. And live is only days away.
    Ker
  17. ARCHIVED-Memory01 Guest

lol. my level 60 ranger is hitting the total of 300 dps solo vs lv 55 solo mobs. takes me 20 sec to kill one. (without snipers, but including triple precise etc. even storm of arrows)

speechless :smileymad:
    Message Edited by Memory01 on 02-16-200603:13 AM
    Message Edited by Memory01 on 02-16-200603:13 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

If this is the state of rangers currently on beta than come Tuesday SoE are going to have a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] load of pissed off rangers on their hands.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

The 50 posts that you preceded that one with saying we needed nerfed because "blah blah blah" already did the damage. The fact that you NOW think this is to much does nothing to sway me. You helped get the ball rolling and anyone who has played this game long enough knows that the ball doesn't just stop rolling. SOE nerfs classes to oblivion. Anyone who calls for a nerf of another class can't be respected in my book. IMO, it's the community against SOE, not class against class. It's a disservice to those you play with to point at another class and scream about what they have. I have never done it and I won't do it. I don't hate you. I just have no respect for you (and I'm sure you are going to tell me you really don't care which is part of the problem).

I don't visit the other forum and could really care less. This forum is my home and it just irks me that you come into it and crap all over my house.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

From what we are hearing from Rangers in Beta, we aren't 3rd or 4th but 3rd tier.

I thank you for your words of condolences, but take this from our perspective. We have had nothing but a bunch of casters (not necessarily you) begging for the bat to be swung in our direction. Now that it has, all the wizzies are going to come here to save face and say "we feel for you". For me, it's empty words. We don't forget what came before.