AVATARS? Why do they have the best gear?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Creepster, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Luzionist Active Member

At this juncture is the only contested content we are going to see avatars?
  2. slippery Well-Known Member

I wish they didn't go the Avatar route. Traditional contested are so much better than perpetually updated scripts. Mobs like PHH, CMayong, and Tangrin are just better in all ways. Not only do you not have to worry about just fighting the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, but it stays and others can experience it later. I had a lot of fun early in the game going back to past expansions and farming old contested in t5-t7. Mayong and PHH got farmed for years and loot still got used (then loot revamp wrecked it, lol).
    Quabi likes this.
  3. Oldtimer Active Member

OMG, I wish they would just remove contested and be done with it. Such a massive amount of bickering and whining.

Someone should tell them... You Cannot Pander to the Entitlement Philosophy AND have Contested with 'Best Loot' in the Same MMO!!!! It is Simply Incompatible!!!

/endthread
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  4. Raenius Well-Known Member

Too bad contested content is older than the emo community we got nowadays - so just get rid of emo community.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Honestly I was hoping at least the zeks would remain unchanged for a while. Maybe they can leave the first 6 unchanged for a long while for a 'first tier' contested and make the 3 new ones that are supposed to come out way harder by comparison.
    slippery and Quabi like this.
  6. Luzionist Active Member

Considering that there are 20-30 contested mobs in game of lower tiers why not revamp them add them to current tier put items on them and it is a bigger playing field.
  7. Quabi Active Member

Because contesteds have to have amazing loot, and they can't give out that much amazing loot.
  8. Luzionist Active Member

I understand about the loot however there are a couple of ways in which they could limit that say a token system with tiers etc
  9. slippery Well-Known Member

Token systems can be good, but not really in HM content. I think token stuff makes for a good bridge, but hasn't really been done right since TSO. Always get awarded the token and have the cost based on that. The stuff you can buy should be the general EM stuff identical to the drops and used a means to buy that piece that never drops. Why? To help guilds make that jump from EM to HM mobs. The same applies down the line from there to heroic and solo stuff. There should always be some HM/rare stuff from each of the tiers you can't buy (again, like TSO)
    Neiloch and Drumstixx like this.
  10. Creepster New Member

no one at Sony is going to take a look at this thread?

I wasn't advertising the bot program. I was making it known to the Dev's so they know what they need to look for.

Also i know the difference between botting, and boxing thanks.
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

Obviously you don't.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

lol oh I am sure they have looked at this, but since this is a pointless argument/thread, it doesn't matter. it's just you, standing alone, claiming something happens that doesn't and tons of other people saying you are wrong.