AVATARS? Why do they have the best gear?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Creepster, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

also considering the last few items avatars drop that remain best in slow are on an extremely low drop rate. no guild has a guild that is full in them.
  2. Creepster New Member

No there's guilds legit botting them, with ISX
  3. Creepster New Member

The group proc charms, ranged, ---- Tank charm, --- ALL ears, Helms, Priest rings, are still best, minus the ring prob now if u get new one, and when they re add chest, boots..
  4. Creepster New Member

5. slippery Well-Known Member

Ranged never, charm and belt on 1 person in group, only the achievement ring which just takes each zek once and is guaranteed. The hats, yes, but they're extraordinarily rare. The ears are sideways or situational at best.
    Wirewhisker and Neiloch like this.
  6. slippery Well-Known Member

Quality of loot is determined by how hard it is to get, which is 2 factors. How easy it is to get the mob (ie the fact it can only be killed once every 3-6 days, vs being able to run an instance a theoretical infinite number of times for instances), and how difficult it is. Clearly it's in line because you want to kill them and are pretty mad your guild doesn't put in the effort.
    Wirewhisker, Neiloch and Quabi like this.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

well of course my avatar killing guilds (more than one since avatars have been up) have used boxxed toons from time to time. but like I said that isn't an issue, if they can get enough toons (real with a combo of fake) on than why can't others? also like I said it won't change anything. like I said it's just a matter of if the avatar dies by the guild at 8am or 8pm
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

the group procs are just the same old procs boosted in stats a little. (PoW wrist is a 10% potency to the group, the avatar belt is the same proc boosted up to 20% potency). there is only 1 earring atm (was two from pre 95). the charms are..ok I guess. get the DC charm and than PoW teku charm and you will be fine though.
    like I said, the gear won't make that much of a difference. if you can't get HM Gen'ra past 80%, getting 3 "best in slot" items won't make it to dead, not required at all for instanced content
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Crychtonn Active Member

Right there alone, should never be able to happen.[/quote]

You need to define what you mean by botting. I'd say every guild that is killing Avatars has boxed toons when they are short to hit the mandatory 20+ to activate the Avatar. But those boxed toons are there for numbers only with their auto attacks turned on they just sit there. If SOE got rid of the minimum number to activate you'd never see those boxed toons.

If your talking about people using actual botting programs then yes that's a problem. And quite frankly you should be reporting them. If people are dumb enough to use botting programs in over land zones where everyone can see them they should be reported. Most people that use those programs will only use them in instances specifically so no one can see them do it and report them.
  10. Creepster New Member

ISX BOT PROGRAM --- i've defined it several times....

These are HUGE for survivability on your tanks..
    \aITEM -1021659563 492910873 0 0 0:Transposed Eye of Zek\/a
    \aITEM -1324168093 1168937274:Vallon's Vile Whetstone of Culling\/a

\aITEM 1135350779 1500049034 0 0 0:War Torn Girdle of the Zeks\/a
    \aITEM 1688541425 137842646 0 0 0:Tunare's Vine Decorated Girdle\/a (EM ST is a alternative but still not best in slot)
    \aITEM -1456327003 1904802418 0 0 0:Tunare's Leaf-Etched Sword Belt\/a
    \aITEM -1527748048 -757793705 0 0 0:War Torn Sash of the Zeks\/a (Rancor Good alternative depending on if ur cap'd reuse and if it's already ran)

Every Group having this proc is huge..
    \aITEM 396629011 1017844857 0 0 0:Medal of Zek\/a
    \aITEM -1208744702 695729712 0 0 0:Shattered Zekian Shield\/a
    \aITEM -279145616 736409619 0 0 0:Tallon's Shattered Hilt\/a

\aITEM -1213713950 736051089 0 0 0:Gallant Tome of Marr\/a (once you stop wearing PoW wrist (may even stack with pow)

(best in slot, but uncommon)
    \aITEM 1776564356 233990874:Hoop of the Hound's Armament\/a
    \aITEM -1981819981 -1655861660:Zek's Hoop of Concentrated Convergence\/a
    \aITEM 916778280 2112137868:Faultless Fringe of Accuracy\/a

(Best in slot, not as uncommon)
    \aITEM -1437035948 -1205183296:Drinal's Darkened Coif of Reckoning\/a
    \aITEM 1825399202 140125228:Rodcet Nife's Cap of Oath Sworn Mending\/a
    \aITEM -2081184323 1018121219:Karana's Hood of Darkened Skies\/a
    \aITEM 1118333314 1312696559:Mithaniel Marr's Helm of Piety\/a
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

linking the loot doesn't help your cause, there are many items out there that are almost as good as alternatives and it won't be a deciding factor on if you can kill a mob or not.
  12. Creepster New Member

but that's where you're wrong, the annoyance isn't with wanting to kill them, because i've killed them, and do kill them, the issue is difficulty vs reward, that's like saying running a solo intance non-stop and getting a UBER LEET item every 3-5 days would be worth it... because even tho it's easy, u spend 3-5 days camping that item and should get something awesome. ---- which would be ********
  13. Creepster New Member

I said best in slot, there is no alternative to over half of those as best in slots - and several those are pretty decent DPS/Survivability increases...
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

as I said in my first post, and slippery said again in one of his, loot has 2 factors, how hard something is and how hard it is to get it. contested, weither or not it's really contested with the games population, brings up with loot dropped without being up how hard the mob is. now if avatars Didn't have best in slot, there would be no reason to get up and kill them at all. unless you just like leaving your instance zone on a possible progression mob in order to go kill an avatar. making them harder wouldn't work either as it would remove the context of "contested". cause the mobs have to remain being Able to be killed by people without high gear.

and there are many pieces of gear that would be about 90% of the stats of the "best in slot" avatar items.
  15. slippery Well-Known Member

You clearly didn't even kind of grasp what I said. A 2.5% chance once every 3-6 days, regardless of how many people there are, vs whatever chance an unlimited number of times.

Also I'd love nothing more than harder Avatars. That way I could just leave them and not call.
    Wirewhisker and Neiloch like this.
  16. Creepster New Member

nice job making things up, Contested has never ment you have to be able to kill them in any gear --- Contested is a mob you compete for, but it is hard for guild to compete for a mob that is so easy you can ISX bot it, and not fail, giving other guilds 0 opportunity for them...
  17. Luzionist Active Member

I agree with slippery on the chance factor as we do not have several of the items for our guild (gotta love RNG) and you only have the single mob and chance for 3-6 days whereas we can go into an instance and run multiple raids if we want to to get some of the items. Creepster what would you like to see happen aside from contesting going away as that is in no way a solution.
  18. Creepster New Member

Slippery that's all I'm asking for anyways, the way they sit atm, they are a complete joke.... they need to be revisited to a point where you need your whole raid paying attention, vs being able to basically kill them with w/e u want to mix together. i can't remember a avatar that we've pulled that we didn't kill first pull besides Vallon Death the first time.... and that was with less then 20 real people in raid, rest were dead toons.
  19. Creepster New Member

There's no CONTEST when it's pretty hard to fail the encounter, to give another guild a CONTESTED chance at it.
  20. Avirodar Well-Known Member

No.

Prime time for who? Hawaii? West Coast? Central? East Coast? Every server I have played on, has various guilds that raid at different times. 4 common time zones are USA-west, USA-east, European, and East Asia. There is also others.

Who will be given the task of defining what server gets what prime time? Based on what criteria?

And if your idea came to fruition, what happens to any guild that has killed some Avatars, and has also existed for years on a server that is "deemed" to be a "prime time" outside of their raid times? Do you have any comprehension of how absolutely ridiculous that would be?

The current style of Avatars is random. There is no deliberate, willful effort to play favorites with who can (and can not) get the mob. The mob is available for anyone who bothers to watch for them, and can rally the troops. The notion you support, is abhorrent. It will blatantly discriminate against any existing guilds, on all servers, that does not happen to raid in what you think is the only time zone that matters.

So as I said... No.
    Wirewhisker likes this.