Appearance slot dress-up thread!

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Disgustipate, Sep 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Disgustipate Guest

A big part of a swashbuckler is looking cool. We've got an AA line named "Style", for [I cannot control my vocabulary] sake.

So in the spirit of that, I'm going to encourage everyone here to get a head start on gathering stuff to make yourself look cool before everyone else on your server wises up.

In this thread, you are encouraged to post pictures of what you've bought/found on the broker in the Dressing Room, and the names of items that have cool looking graphics.

Here's my Swashbuckler-
    [IMG]

Hat is relic, boots/gloves/chest/legs are junk EL drops(Enchanted woven thicket or something). Bare arm effect is from the Pristine Tailored Canvas Shawl.

Cowl of the Trickster is not particularly swashbucklerish, but it's a Grey and Red chain Ranger-style cowl that anyone who can wear chain can wear.
  2. ARCHIVED-quasigenx Guest

This is freaky. I swear I rolled this toon and took this screenshot before you posted this.

[IMG]

You're my in game twin! And a swashie... That's wierd. Dwarfs are one of the most rare races for a swashie.
  3. ARCHIVED-Disgustipate Guest

Wow, that is kind of creepy, heh. What's even funnier is that I almost ended up doing one with that same shirt and similiar cloth pants.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mörk Guest

I'll be looking into some black silk from Mistmoore, with the odd bits of Daring gear (and possibly Maelstrom if it works) I have still showing. Those, plus my Garanel's Mantle, should make for a nice black and white image. I might change my toons' hair colour too...
    I may have to go drink some beer, watch some football and put up some shelves after I finish though.
    --
    Rahael
  5. ARCHIVED-Quicksote Guest

6. ARCHIVED-petrov26 Guest

Hey concerning the new appearance slots; I thought I heard there were some cloth "pirate boots" somewhere in the game; anyone know where they can be had and what level?

Thx!
  7. ARCHIVED-Porscheta Guest

There are three pirate type boots that i am aware of:
    Black: Shadow Slippers (tradeable, possibly from Halls of Seeing) \aITEM -1329699113 361051920:Shadow Slippers\/a
    Green: Warclamor Boots (no trade, from Acadechism) \aITEM 1007493473 -1778939604:Warclamor Boots\/a
    Red: Gnomish Spring Boots (KOS collection item, no trade) \aITEM -1537983974 -273932661:Gnomish Spring Boots\/a
    I've got the red boots atm, believe they are from one of the airship plating collection quests. Shadow Slippers are a higher level item, saw some for 20pp here on Kithicor the other day. Cut and paste linkies above in game for more info. I'll try to post a screenie of my set-up tomorrow.
    /Thanks to Cocytus for posting about these boots in an earlier thread.
  8. ARCHIVED-Porscheta Guest

Gnomish Spring Boots below in and out of half elf illusion fun spell form for variety
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-lolololololol Guest

what is the armor Cricket has shown?
  10. ARCHIVED-Quicksote Guest

Gloomy@Venekor wrote:
    It's tunarian cloth armor and torn gossamer shoulders.
  11. ARCHIVED-petrov26 Guest

Although I think the appearance tab is awesome it does sort of highlight that there are not really that many great options for a swashbuckler type - at least at my level (59.) I just went with some leather stuff and the bare arms that seem popular. Sure wish the leather pants didn't have the grey flappy bits and looked more like the top (both cuirboilli) but oh well. Would like those black pirate boots to go with this :eek:)
    Finari:
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Sabatini Guest

So I'm playing a little catchup after a few month sabbatical. Is there a trick with the bare arms I havent caught onto yet using the Appearance tab? Or was everyone's arms just genuinely naked for the screenies?
  13. ARCHIVED-Porscheta Guest

Certain shoulder pieces, when placed in the appearance tab shoulder slot, will provide the bare-shouldered look. Several of the lower tier handcrafted cloth shoulders have this affect.
  14. ARCHIVED-Bramwell Guest

Anyone have the exact collection that the Gnomish Spring Boots come from? They cost a lot to complete and I would rather not have to do all of them to find out since I am poor :(
  15. ARCHIVED-POX67 Guest

I have put back on the level 20 AQ armour. I dunno if it is still in game but I had it hanging around as I used to put it on for running around in town. Now I can wear it all the time and really play pirate.
    I also have a suit of the armour given for the Bloodlines Chronicles, it was shiny plate and any class could wear it. Good for those formal occasions :)

I'll try and grab some screen shots over the weekend. I think this is a great update to the game :)
  16. ARCHIVED-POX67 Guest

This is the level 20 AQ armour:
    link

Bloodlines quest reward armour:
    link
  17. ARCHIVED-Porscheta Guest

Large Airship Plating collection quest is for the Gnomish Spring Boots.
  18. ARCHIVED-Arkarius Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Kairel Guest