Appearance armor of other MMO

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Nero, Nov 21, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Pipilie@Najena wrote:
    lmao
  2. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    The problem I see there is that everyone else has to see someone walking around in a bikini in the middle of Terens Grasp which is a bit of a kick in the teeth for the immersion factor.
    Although I'd be all for it if they implemented realistic temperature modelling in the game, ie a simple option would be that you take damage slowly if you try and run around skimply dressed in a cold zone, or maybe even have your skin colour slowly go blue (or paler for Dark elves) and your actions slow down and eventually you die and need to resurrect. That would be amusing to watch and at the same time an educational service for some people I see in real life ;)
    Plus there are already a ton of MMO's that have that sort of look and changing an MMO's style mid game is a risky option.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

MurFalad wrote:
    Right... and a plate wearing guardian with a gi equipped in appearance slot or a cloth wearing mage with plate equipped in appearance slot or someone wearing brightly colored frost fell clothing and fighting with candy canes is totally immersive isn't it?
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Pipilie@Najena wrote:
    Codpiece
    that's the actual name of the artificial bulge which was popular in the 16th century and especially in England when Henry VIII was reigning (he had some of the most HUGE codpieces on all of his garments... almost makes you wonder if he was.. umm.. compensating). In fact I think that suit of armor might have been one of his. But, look at paintings of good king Henry as he aged, you'll see the codpieces getting bigger and bigger with more decorations, like tufts of fabric sprouting from it. In my opinion, it's in the stupity of fashion category.
  5. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    Well first point, appearance armour makes no difference, if the armour looks realistic then knowing what class they is really doesn't mean much since whatever they are wearing at least is a realistic look even if its wrong for the class.
    As for candy canes and Frostfell clothing its a bit of fun, even with that I've not seen anything tacky or that jarring, the way I see it its in the Christmas spirit of things, while there is nothing stopping someone wearing it all year around people don't seem to for obvious reasons.
    To me that's a long way away from having a mmo pre-adolescent boys with bikini's and miniskirts, of which none of that look is even in the event clothing.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

MurFalad wrote:
    I'm not saying that they ought to change all the current armor, there's just no reason they shouldn't offer that type of stuff as well since it's impact on immersion is no greater than many other things currently in game.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

MurFalad wrote:
    Yeah, and all the female NPCs in TG with no shoes and huge slits in their skirts doesn't already do that? :p Besides, maybe they've got great cold resists!
  8. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

MurFalad wrote:
    Just so you know...I'm a 37-year-old married female who's loved the fantasy genre all my life. My immersion personally comes from how attached I feel to my character, and being able to dress her the way I've enjoyed fantasy characters to be dressed all my life would go a long way towards that.
    Wanting a "chainmail bikini" does not have to equate with sexuality. I draw, mainly human figures in fantasy clothing, so for me it is purely a visual desire to see the kind of genre clothes I enjoy on my character that I love to play.
    Fantasy is exactly that---not real. In my opinion, to immerse yourself in the fantasy aspects of the genre is to accept what may seem anachronistic or unrealistic---that's the whole point of fantasy! To do things in the imaginary world that I can't do in real life.
    Your "tacky" or "jarring" is my dream outfit. And right now, there is a serious dearth of that sort of outfit in the game. Being able to see Antonia Bayle up close in the recent questlines just brought home the fact that there are so many more combinations of outfits that are possible for the players, without necessarily offending anybody's delicate sensibilities.
    Just my two copper.
  9. ARCHIVED-Morniel Guest

Apologies if anyone has already said this, it's late and I'm lazy.

They shot themselves in the foot when they went with the clothing system they did. Everything has to be built to fit the character models rather than other MMOs (such as Guild Wars...Victorian Mesmer armor, zomg) that went with clothing-replacing-skin. EQ2 is ambitious in that respect since it takes more time and effort and should be commended. However, for some reason, they decided Antonia and the entire population of Maj'Dul shouldn't work the same way. Their clothing is part of their bodies. It's rather unfair to change things up that way and lead people to hope for more than bulky robes and ridiculous physics-defying formal gowns (not complaining about skin being shown, only that it MUST have been glued onto my gal's body and doesn't really make sense when compared to the traditional wenches dress as far as dress evolution (read: shoulda been a ball gown), but I digress).
    Antonia should have to suffer along with her subjects. Make her a human, stick her in a dress available to everyone. :p
  10. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    It was one of his. IIRC it was the suit he intended to wear to the Field of Cloth of Gold until the tournament rules were changed and the skirted armour was used instead.
    The shoulders look better than any plate armour in the game, and if you ignore the codpiece it looks better around the hips. The in-game armour has wither chain pants or front and back flaps.
    That codpiece would probably help with taunting your opponents
  11. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

[IMG]
    I think I'll pass. My computer would not be able to handle the smexyness.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Fayle@Mistmoore wrote:
    OMG. I bet that's the real reason that they don't add any sexy clothing. Trolls need to D I A F.