Appearance armor of other MMO

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Nero, Nov 21, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Nero Guest

Appearance armors of Station Cash don't encouraged me to buy.
    They aren't cool.
    See the bottom part of this page.
    http://moepic.com/gameguide/recommenditem.php
    Graphic armor(Appearance armor) of Japanese MMO, Master of Epic, appears in this page.
    Very cool and unique armors.
    Especially, Wedding armor, Virgin Angel armor, Bunny Food armor, and Helloween armor are great.
    Can EQ2 art devs copy these art?
    The current appearance armors aren't fascinating.
    And armors of Master of Epic appear in this page.
    http://moepic.com/database/armor.php
    EQ2 art devs should emulate the good point of other MMO.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

You do relise that making a single new armor set model in eq2 takes more work than it would to make almost all of the armor sets shown in that game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

No, the EQ2 art team cannot copy another game's art. That's stealing.
    They've been introducing more armor choices. Try going to the broker and trying stuff on in the dressing room. I think you might be surorised at how much neat stuff is out there.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nero Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    It was ill said that was ill taken.
    The thing I want to say is "Can EQ2 art devs create the appearance armor equal and comparable to the graphic armors of Master of Epic?".
    The thing I want to say is not steal, but create newly.
    And the appearance armors of Station Cash are only the armors that devs just repainted the old armor.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Nero wrote:
    I know that, but what you are suggesting would require new models not just repaints.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pervis Guest

Nero wrote:
    What is it you are after, the style presented or the quality?
    If its the style, it already exists in a similar (aka, non plagerised) manner, if your after the quality, well... EQ2s armor beats it by several thousand polygons, the presence of a bump map and considerably higher resolution textures.
    Its been said before, EQ2 is probably not the game for you. Stop trying to change it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nero Guest

Pervis wrote:
    The style, the quality and the VARIETY.
    The quality of appearance armor of Station Cash is very bad.
    Merely repaints of existing armors.
    And there is no variety of models of armors in EQ2.
    Yeah, I'm suggesting new models not repaints.
    If it's too hard to create new models, appearance armor of SC won't be worth to buy.
    And I haven't actually logged in for a few months though I have continued to subscript.
    Because TSO sucks.
  8. ARCHIVED-Pervis Guest

Nero wrote:
    The styles on the linked pages are present in EQ2. While not identicle, they are the same general style.
    In order to get the same quality, set everything found in the display section of the options window to as low as it will go. This will give you a similar quality.
    For variety, as has been said, EQ2 isn't exactly the best game in the world to facilitate the creation of a large variety of looks. If its something you place a high value on, as has been said, look at other games.
    Station Cash items; of course they are only existing models with different textures. People will quit the game if they offer models on the Smedbucks Store that are not avalible in game. Not sure if you noticed, but that store is not something most westerners have welcomed with open arms.
  9. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

If you will post a direct link to ONE suit of armor you like, I will bet that I can go to the broker and find a close match.
    Find the image, right-click it, select "Copy Image Location". Then click the little tree icon above ([IMG]), and paste the image location into the box. That will show the picture you have selected in your post.
    I will see how close I can match that picture using armor in-game and readily available.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    From any game? Or just from that cheap anime game?
  11. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    I'm game to try for almost any look. Recalling of course that there's not too many good ways to get exposed skin.
    I don't read Japanese so I wasn't able to figure out which particular outfits from the linked pages he was promoting, which is why I wanted him to select one and post it to the thread. But I am pretty sure I can get close to most of what I saw on that page.
    My only special power here is patience. I open the broker and start shopping, trying stuff on in the broker window. This is why I know that there's a wide range of looks out there.
  12. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

can you match any of them that have short pants?
    i rather like the black one with the wings and clawed feet.
    but ya i agree the quality is a big step backwards...
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    This hasn't been true for about a year now. Originally, they would create each set of armor from scratch, which took a tremendous amount of work. They tried and gave up on the skeletal revamp because it would have significantly changed how most toons currently look except Sarnaks.
    But they have snap-on armor now. That's the new system that all new armor appearances since the Ward of Elements stuff has been built with. It doesn't really take that long to make entirely new sets of armor anymore.
    EQ2: Sentinel's Fate has been announced to have more completely new armor appearances than currently exist in EQ2.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    What do you mean "snap on" armor? I thought thar was just crappy stuff like the stupid WoW shoulder pads and asymmetry.
  15. ARCHIVED-obikenkenobi Guest

Yeah, I do remember someone from the team from somewhere either on the boards or through a dev chat or someplace commenting on the fact that they were working on many new appearance armors for the future of the game. I'd just hold out a little longer and I bet you'll see a LOT more stuff coming especially when SF launches.
  16. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

I believe I saw and advertisment somewhere that said there will be more then 4k Weopons and Armor styles added to the game with SF.
    And the "Snap-On" armor has been around scence about 6months after FF'08 when it was first anounced as the new system of making armor.
    Basically it is changing the silloete of the toons without alot of tweaking to the armor that sits above the skin. And yes it included that Asyemetric armor and the WoWish shoulder pads, but that is not all.
  17. ARCHIVED-Pervis Guest

kela wrote:
    There are 4,000 items being added with the expansion, not 4,000 styles.
    They have said they are adding more appearances to the game with the expansion than is in teh game now, but most of these 'new appearances' are existing models with snap on shoulders.
  18. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

Pervis wrote:
    I'd agree, if these sorts of armour were implemented in the game I'd be embarrised to tell people I played it, the thing with wings is probably the worst one, real underwear covers up more then that. I'm not being prudish, its just that I like EQ2 because its got a realistic style which creates a world of Norrath I can believe in, as soon as people are able to act out those sorts of fantasies with the schoolgirl in skimpy outfits then EQ2 has lost quite an important feel of the game.
    Plus Aion is already catering to exactly that sort of market with their art style (similar to Guildwars).
    I cannot just ignore them, the other players are part of the EQ2 universe I experience hence I'm relieved sometimes that the devs haven't allowed for playing tinting seeing how artistically challenged some people are (Either that or they are making a statement) :)
    As for quality, I'd put the actual implementation as sub-WoW in detail, being positive there are some nice eastern designs mixed in there, just nothing really that stands out to me though.
  19. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Does anyone know a site or a search method to find armor that "matches"? I have a lot of quested armor that "looks" like a set even though the pieces have different names. But always they are only part of the set. Unfortunately many of these are "no trade" from quests.
    For example, my fae templar has "Gaunlets of the Throm", "Chef's Clogs", and "haoaeran medic's helm" match...but where is the rest of the set?
    Also: Timeworn helm, Thulwan defenders brestplate, and Thulwan defenders greaves. You can use Layered scale stompers and
    Layered scale quantlets with those but they arent an exact match. They really look like they are two separate sets. But where are the shoulder pieces or rest of the sets?
    I think we have more variety of appearance armor than we can effectively use because of there not being a way to locate the rest of the sets and perhaps because of partial sets.
    Is there a site that groups quested armor or armor sets by appearance?
  20. ARCHIVED-Nero Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    I'm glad to hear it.
    But I'm afraid of devs' sense of design.
    I can't help but saying that the current devs' sense of design of armor isn't good.
    T3 armor have very bad design, too.

I value the sense of design than the quality and the style.
    Maybe American players like the current design of EQ2 armor.
    But maybe Asian players don't like it a little bit.