Anyone else outraged @ the removal of bow CAs?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Bapae, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

It does'nt sound as if you're using your bow to it's maximum potential. Kiting aside, a typical encounter between my 36 swash and a solo mob goes like this:
    1. Watery shot, (with poison(s) active), to begin the engagement. Launch a ranged shot, if there's time.
    2. Close to melee range, and hit mob with all my frontal attack skills, finish the round up with a stun.
    3. Jump directly over the mob, and land an unfriendly reminder.
    4. Mezz, jump, kidney blow. backpeddle, and launch another watery shot, follow this immediately with a ranged shot.
    5. Try to stay out of the mob's way until skills are all recharged, and repeat from step 1.

At the end of the encounter, about half the damage done was from my bow, and I never just stand there toe to toe with a mob slugging it out, because I'll die, usually pretty quickly. I have two tools available right now to keep the mobs from pounding me into the ground, my bow, and stuns/mezz. Remove the bow, and I end up spending much more time in pounding range of the mob, and if it's true that SOE is also reducing my mitigation and avoidance, I don't see how these encounters are going to be going my way in the future.
    If it's true, as you claim, that Swashbucklers are primarily melee characters, then should'nt we have a higher armor class, and avoidance, and not something even lower than we 'enjoy' now?
    Even if you buy into the argument that they're upping our DPS....I'm still suspicious that they're only transferring damage from the 'bow' column, to the 'melee' column......and we're not actually getting any better.

~Chimmi, lvl 36 Swashbuckler, Oasis
  2. ARCHIVED-Antipaladin Guest

K. Add imbues to throwing weapon thingies, make stats comparable to bow equivalent, and make them useable for more than one type of weapons, and I won't object. However, I smell swashy nerf a mile away here. Why, oh why do you developers at SoE hate us swashbucklers so much?
  3. ARCHIVED-whyan3 Guest

I wouldnt mind seeing our ca's work for both throwing and bows or having ca's for each...
    Another thing I wish they would get rid of is the 5seconds you have to wait each time you switch out equipment during a battle...
    It would make alot more sense to have the ca's work for both especially for those of you wielding high lvl or fabled bows, Ie valians or yew :\ cause thats just gonna freaking suck...

Dont forget they're doing this to the brigs as well...
  4. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

I'm only 19th level, not even really a Swashie yet (though I've finished my quest) so don't take me seriously :)
    Having said that, I guess I'm playing my character the way SOE intended: I've never used a bow or any other kind of missile weapon. I stealth up behind mobs & backstab, then melee. If that tactic is non-viable at higher levels, than THAT is a problem -- not the fact that I can't use CAs with a bow.
    Another point is that, to me, the bow use issue seems primarily related to soloing. I *detest* soloing. I would far rather group. If I can't get a group in a reasonable time, I simply log out & do something else, because this game isn't much fun if you don't have a group.
    I do, however, agree with everyone who says that this late in the game is a very bad time to make such a fundamental change.
  5. ARCHIVED-Penumbral Guest

I'm in precisely the same situation you are.
    I made myself into a Swash/Woodworker precisely to make bows for myself. My attuned pristine imbued bone bow is now not only worthless now but valueless.
    What am i going to eplace it with? A pristine imbued bone BAG?