Ancient Droprate

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Beee, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Edrickx Member

The information on the drop rate for ancient abilities is going to be skewed anyway, as there was about a week long period during AoM in which the first named in pools (the rhino) was dropping them at a 100% rate. Our raid force got 2 back to back off that mob before they fixed it, and those were the only 2 ancients we saw.

And the only reason we have grand masters and ancients is to feed the machine, it worked fine when master was the top tier you could get (except of course for your m2 every 10 levels). But when they added paying to research it all went to hell, because people would just buy their masters that way, so masters became useless, until they wanted more so did the same thing with grand masters. Only when they came out with grand masters they completely removed the chance to obtain research time reducers as they knew it would cut into their profit.

Personally I have not spent a dime in rl for any of mine, I have always got them through in game methods.
  2. Yards Well-Known Member

wtb apocalypse ancient pst.
  3. Amaitae Active Member

ways to mitigate drop chance for underpopulated servers would require redesigning the function for choosing from the loot table including taking player activity on that server at that time and recent past into account.

Imo it's reasonable and ok to let this go and do something else more productive than spending money and time for server transfers just to get ancients or other loot not available on a certain server. That way you cannot claim being exploited because of a low drop rate on your server which is eventually the result of past decisions for this game not being compensated for.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

Time for an update: 3/6 conjurer ancient discovered (2 by a servertransfer) at Valor 1 1/2 years after introduction of this spelltype.

As mentioned almost a year ago: The ancient droprate 91+ is too low :mad:

(btw: It's impossible to buy a conjurer ancient in broker.. on any server)
  5. Rougez Active Member

Maybe its just me but I feel like Daybreak missed out on a cash cow. Increased Ancient drop rates, more people spending SC to GM their spells ;)
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You don't spend DBG cash to grandmaster spells. You either find a dropped recipe book for grandmaster (four types, one for each archetype) or you research the recipes via a tradeskill apprentice. To craft a grandmaster spell, you must have the master spell book in-hand, plus a bunch of fuel, a spellshard or foundation of the same tier as the spell, and some rares (which ones vary by tier and archetype). You craft these together to create a grandmaster spellbook.
  7. Rougez Active Member

I'm assuming that you're simply referring to the other ways to reach GM, because you most certainly can GM spells for DBG cash in the amount of 49 DBG cash per day via the instant upgrade button. I was simply pointing out that if they had introduced them at an increased drop rate the min/maxers would have dropped some cash instead of waiting for the other ways.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Does it even exist outside of legends? :D