Ancient Droprate

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Beee, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

Dear Developers,

It's fine ancient spell scrolls are rare, but a view days ago we discoverd on Valor a templar spell
    http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1685732948

Is the system really designed to be that rare?

9 months after the first ancient spell .....

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/item_search_link/-1/91/-1/MYTHICAL/-1/-1/-1/-1/Spell Scroll/Conjuror/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1 (sometimes makes this permalink problems.. search for: conjurer, 91+. spellscroll, mythical)

Aqueous Swarm VII (Ancient) 97 (discoverd at 3 servers)
    Blazing Avatar V (Ancient) 100 (discoverd at 7 servers)
    Crystal Blast X (Ancient) 91 (discoverd at 2 servers)
    Earthquake VII (Ancient) 91 (discoverd at 1 servers)
    Fiery Annihilation IX (Ancient) 92 (discoverd at 3 servers)
    Winds of Velious IV (Ancient) 94 (discoverd at 1 servers)

NONE of the actual conjurer ancient spells (91+) has been discovered at Valor for the last 9 months

Please have a look on the loot table :cool:

PS:
    Xyno likes this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Unless we have any level increases any time soon (Pretty sure it's been said not likely). These spells will be valid for a long time.

If thats the case, then being rare isn't bad.

I've even seen 3 Ancients (But only 1 Ethereal!)
    Neiloch likes this.
  3. Ragnorocke New Member

I agree Anchients and Ethereals way too rare
  4. Malachy Well-Known Member

I think ancients should be a little more common at the very last tier, but they need to be much more common below that.
  5. Karsa Active Member

Since Aom dropped last fall till now at 3 raids a week seen one ancient drop in raid... Sad thing it was for class we did not in the raid.. Never seen one drop in heroic instance.. Would hope that there higher chance in raid zones and old raid zones..
  6. Koko Well-Known Member

I've seen two ancients and two ethereals.

I expect ethereal equipment to be replaced by the end of this year. I expect ancients to be best in slot forever.
  7. Rarrum Active Member

Had some friends invite me to their group several weeks ago to come loot "a beastlord mythical". It was a discovery on a beastlord ancient from a fabled zone. Was rather surprised that it discovery that long after aom came out.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Ancient drop rates weren't adjusted till a good way into AoM.

They are also meant to be rare. They amount of gains you get from it is quite high, so I think they are ok as they are. Assuming we aren't going to level past 100 for a long time.
  9. semisus Does not play this game

do any of the non upgradeable spells like bolster drop at all?
    would be nice if there was a reason to do older raids , but i think chances are alot better for getting ancients from agnostics for lower lvl ones which seems off
  10. Koko Well-Known Member

I can confirm bolster has an ancient version.
    @Rarrum Darn you scrib'd it already.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

12. Beee Well-Known Member

The only way to get an conjurer ancient 91+ at Valor is buying it on a different server and make a servertransfer to Valor... sorry daybreak - it's stupid that this way is necessary :eek:

I know a lot of ethernals which are transferd this way, too. In my opinion this shows a disfunctional loot system - at least on valor
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

I agree, but server transfers makes DBG money.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

No, that isn't the only way. You can keep killing till it drops, and you may or may not get it.

These things are meant to be really rare. There is nothing stopping it dropping on Valor.
    Seefar likes this.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

If NONE 91+ conjurer spell is discovered on Valor within 9 months it's useless wating for a drop in your own group/raid

Correction: One was discoverd by the servertransfer :cool:
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'd say the problem there is probably more population based, than the drop rate of Valor.

Compare drops on AB vs Valor and see what you find
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

The ancient conjurer discoveries 91- from drops:

AB: 5/6
    Valor: 0/6
  18. Seefar Well-Known Member

Give me a break. In what way would having a nancient spell make your life any better?

It's bad enough that The Makers introduced the ability to research spells, IMO. It used to be fun when a master dropped (and intensely annoying when I didn't win it, if it was a troubie one!). Now it's all meh. Rare things should be rare.
  19. Breta Well-Known Member

Life goes on. Nowadays gradmasters are the old experts as spellshards/foundations have even worse drop rate than vanilla rares and ancients are simply the old rare masters.
  20. Karsa Active Member

'So the circle is complete'.