An evercrackheads necromancer comments

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Toolooze, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Suppler Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    I've written tons of helpful and informative posts for years on these boards on my other account (Supple - currently deactivated), but I dont care to do so anymore. I know flamers, fanbois and trolls plenty well enough to recognize em, and I dont need to prove squat cause this aint no court of law. Once a while, Xil will have a useful post. But for the most part, it's condescension. Fanbois of condescenders have gotta be the worst. It's like a bully's stooge. Sad, just sad.
    IMHO, pets are not seen as a primary summoner resource by SOE. They are treated like optional casts. That attitude explains a lot about why they hurriedly designed a hundred freakin AAs for granular quickfix pet boosts, why primary pets are as badly ignored as dumbfires in the fix priority pecking order, why hundreds of articulately threaded suggestions spread out over years of strained posting are NEVER responded to by an employee that matters. And no, I'm not writing in absolutes without justification. I have never, not once, ever seen a dev respond on the boards, yay or neigh, to suggestions like equipping pet armor, having particular caster stats transfer to pets or inputting an AA that would accomplish either. Absolute ZIP. For years... YEARS. Ever, actually.
    Sabutai has been spectacular on the boards, and I dont see him walkin' around stick'waving. I have never met, never talked to him, but I respect him for his thoughtful posts. Im too lazy to post stats. Always have been. But I know what my numbers are, and d-mn sure know what Im doing. Im just glad that there are some folks out there who know what theyre doing, but lay down the proof too so that IF a dev ever actually READS this dusty section of the board, he wont just glaze over it.
  2. ARCHIVED-RandomCarnage Guest

Casting order is being made out to be a big secret by the high dps claimants, but anyone who uses ACT and has murdered countless training dummies refining their raid casting sequence already realizes that the casting order is fairly straight forward, and doesn't allow much room for deviation if you plan to parse well.
    All references should be to training dummy parses. This allows a benchmark dps score for all clases self buffed. This eliminates any bias from group balance, as all classes will benefit from a beneficial group set up, but such cannot always be relied upon, hence the training dummy, self buffed benchmark for a true comparrison between the high dps claimants and the rest. Training dummy parses also eliminate mob/zone variance.
    So, to all the defenders of necro dps capability, go do a full hp kill on a training dummy then post your casting order, ACT screen-shot and basic relevant info like %crit, spell dam, AA's, and +% to casting and refresh. Stop treating it like some big secret and simply support your claims with hard facts rather than endless claims.
    This will allow other nec's to run side by side comparrisons with their own dps and settle this debate once and for all.
  3. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

I do not have ACT or access to training dummies yet (I should fork over the PLAT). I simply changed my casting order recently and noticed about a 500-700 DPS increase. This does help folks.

My casting is basically Soulrot, Drain Life, (quick cast dooming darkness or animated dagger), rot,coil,pandemic,rot.
    (Always start with rot and go back to it when it's back up)

Where could I download ACT without pickup a trojan or keylogger???
  4. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Dedmage Guest

Germs666 wrote:
    What helped me the most was to macro /pet attack to Bloodcoil. I start with Bloodcoil and Mark for the wisdom debuff, then I use Drain Life, and then Soul Rot. Then I start timing all of my other spells in between.
    Doing this really helped me do damage faster and keep doing it longer. Soul Rot does do a lot of damage for us but Bloodcoil is much better for me to open with. Bloodcoil almost always does more damage for me than Soul Rot when I make sure both are always cast the moment they are ready.
    I don't just use Soul Rot to time my other spells I also use Bloodcoil and Drain Life because unless I am casting all of them the very instant they are ready I am losing damage.
    However, if it is a linked encounter I will get alot more from pandemic and bloodcloud than the other two so I have to change from timing between Soul Rot, Bloodcoil, and Drain Life to filling the spaces inbetween Pandemic and Bloodcloud with whatever spells you can. I also use the blue AE from Siphon of Souls over and over on linked fights. I make sure that Siphon of Souls is on every single mob the tank targets just before it dies so that it will come back up as often as possible.
    I used to do very little on linked encounters because I didn't know that siphon of souls ae mixed with the other two did so much damage but now I have been able to do over 10,000 damage per second on 4 or more linked mobs with them. I have seen other Necro do in the 20's. I don't understand how yet. I think it is because they have much higher spell critical chance than I do.
    I think things like that are why it is so hard to find anyone who will put down a casting order. To do lots of damage consitantly you have to have many different casting orders for different situations.
    I also think this is the reason some Necro are very low on the parse too because they try to be consistant by always using the same casting order when they could do more damage if they changed depending on what they are killing and how fast it is dieing.
    If the mobs are dieing really fast I can't cast the same way as if they are taking a long time or I will do a lot less damage. If it is a linked encounter I have to change to mostly AE spells to get the most return per spell. If I have Maestro, or Piece of Mind I want to score as many hits as I can as fast as I can. If I have lots of casting speed buffs and reuse buffs I want to use bigger spells like Master Strike and Drain Life more often. If I have a Shadowknight tanking I need to use death march to get lots of damage out really fast. If I have Jester's cap on you the same thing.
    There is no one way for Necro. You have to learn many different ways or you won't be successful. Xil taught me all of these things and I am a much better player for it. You can be to if you want to try new things instead of letting other people convince you there is no other way to do things.
  6. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Dedmage wrote:
    and all you just wrote me and most of the summoner that post here figured out back @ lvl 30 in Enchanted Lands.

that is why you and your Xil's post about L2play seem so inflammatory to everyone here and are perceived as trolls.
  7. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Dedmage wrote:
    Umm ...............this applies to every class in the game.
  8. ARCHIVED-TumpieBrell Guest

Yes, that's pretty much all standard Necro info. It won't help you do 3x any Necro. Post something concrete showing these amazing results and you might get someone to believe. Training dummy would be good.
    And yes we do much more in AE encounters, but the parse on those is too random to compare effectively (length of fight, num mobs, lucky crit streak, etc).
  9. ARCHIVED-SilentPh8nix Guest

Wow and I just came back froma 1 year break...this is were we`re at. I was just about ready to re-roll a Necro...so long for that idea !