Altar of Malice Rare Drop Merchant!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kander, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Magic Missiles Active Member

:( Well, they are elusive and will remain that way it seems.
    :) Thank you for the prompt reply!
  2. pzpz Active Member

Asking about each item is so tedious, can we just get the announcement?
  3. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Make up your mind's already.

Mitten likes this.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

The EQ2 team have been working on Expansion 12 since last November, regardless of what some other division of Daybreak wants to call it -- Campaign, Campansion, a Ham Sandwich, or the Belching Amoeba Rocks in Love.
    Rhodris and HaphazardAllure like this.
  5. Flamace Active Member

Waves hands, its next week! :D
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Ya, so they said no more full expansions. Smaller DLC type releases called campaigns which over the course of a year will be equal to a full expansion both in content and combined pricing. Then they say another expansion is on the way. So of course we all want to know: Is it a full expansion? Are they done with the DLC/campaign style releases? Will there be a CE which was already asked? etc, etc...
    Regolas likes this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

*sigh*

I'll be so glad when this thing is announced. Then we can have all new threads full of conjecture and rage.
    Ruckus, Errrorr and Eles like this.
  8. pzpz Active Member

reported for conjecturing rage
  9. Eles Well-Known Member

oh yes!!

[IMG]
    Errrorr likes this.
  10. Awkk Well-Known Member

I remember that episode of Star Trek.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's actually from I Married a Strange Person.
  12. Ponderous Member

Great googly-moogly. Have some patience, people. Although I understand that, in most other aspects of life, constantly repeating "now now now now now now now now now now now" (give or take one or two "nows") or "when are we going to get there?" is an overwhelmingly fruitful course of action, and well-received by many people, maybe not so much in this aspect. We'll find out when we find out. If not knowing precisely what is going to take place in the future is an impossible situation with which to deal, invest in some calls to psychic hotlines, consult tarot cards, ouija board, divining rods, or crystal balls, or any other device or medium that you use with everything else to know exactly what will happen in the future, because if you need to know in this context of a video game, this drive to know must be even more overwhelming in the other, much more pertinent and substantive aspects of your life. Or maybe, you could just farm ferrin, and start preparing your inevitable complaints of "the prices are too high" and/or "the prices are too low".
    Moonpanther likes this.
  13. pzpz Active Member

We absolutely will find out when we find out, but last week he did say "next week" so scolding people for asking about it now that "next week" is almost over is just slightly asinine. Only just.

I expected info on Tuesday to be honest, but I'll live.

Sorry to interrupt your speech.
  14. Elinea Well-Known Member

If they really are going back to annual expansions rather than having them broken in to smaller DLCs, I'll just consider Rum Cellar one of those "adventure packs" like Splitpaw and the like was, and call it a day. I'm hoping some kind of official word will come soon though, since Kander oh-so-casually dropped the word expansion into his post to make everyone salivate.
  15. Regolas Well-Known Member

It is an expansion coming, it's not just a zone like RC. No idea on cost though. Would be nice if it was around $25 so it plus RC = $40

No idea on the logic of campaigns only lasting for one release, maybe sales were bad?
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Yes it would.
  17. Nkito Well-Known Member

Who's to say we won't continue to receive small campaigns with optional, yet desirable, content between fuller expansions? In fact I would prefer such an arrangement if the pricing were reasonable.
  18. Wintir Active Member

Let's just call it "new content" and retire to the bar.
    pzpz, HaphazardAllure and Moonpanther like this.
  19. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I'm in favour of this bit!!
    Wintir likes this.
  20. Ponderous Member

My bad, and humblest apologies. I didn't realize that telling someone, "hey, we'll let you know next week", constituted a binding oral agreement to disclose the information to you by a date certain (and, although I hesitate to mention it, several days prior to the expiration of the next week). Thankfully, now that we know that the failure to disclose by the aforementioned date certain will not result in your death, the world can now proceed with its business as usual, without casual statements on a message board construed as ironclad commitments, as long it is ok with you and your Job-like patience.

And, it wasn't a speech, silly, because it did not start with "Four score and seven years ago", "Friends, Norrathians, countrymen, lend me your ears," or "San Dimas Football Rules!", which, according to Hoyle, are the only accepted openings for a classical speech.

Sincerely yours,

Ponderous
    Proprietor, Chief Executive Officer, President, and Chief Trolling Officer of Freeportian Fromage
    "Serving Only the Finest Accompaniments For Your Whine"[TM]