Altar of Malice Rare Drop Merchant!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kander, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Breta Well-Known Member

Actually it is well recognized that declaration made by way of unilateral acts, concerning factual situations, may have the effect of creating legal obligations. The binding character of the undertaking results from the terms of the act and is based on good faith, interested parties are entitled to require that the obligation be respected.
  2. Crychtonn Active Member

To little to late for me.

This merchant should have happened months ago. Long before the TLE servers went live and killed what was left of each server.
  3. Ponderous Member

ROFL - your logic is inscrutable, your defense impregnable (former boxer). Speak more generally, and don't put any of these nonsensical statements in any context, please. My best guess is that maybe you operate in a jurisdiction outside of the US. Yogi Berra was a catcher? I thought he was a U.S. Supreme Court Justice. Maybe I'm getting him confused with Chief Justice Berger...mmmm...Berger (US cartoon character, Homer Simpson).
  4. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I hate to break it to you but there IS life outside of the TLE servers.

UNREST LIVES!

AND RULES!!
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

I do agree it should have happened sooner, but better late than never.

If the devs wanted to limit the amount of people getting the rare stuff, I personally believe they should have just put the vendor on from release with very high prices, and periodically lowered the price as the xpac ages.

That would mean the hardcore can get theres quickly if RNG is unkind by paying a premium in ferrin, but at least the players would have a goal from the start. As the xpac gets older and staler, the price can be lowered so the slower/more casual crowd who only run a few heroics a week or started the xpac late can get a couple of good drops.
  6. Marq Member

Well the merchant (or some version of it) is up on Test now in the Phantom docks tower. Anyone on test have 8k ferrin to buy the new clicky and tell what the effects duration and size is? Price looks a bit steep for a buff clicky unless it lasts 3-4h to cover a raid and the bonus is sizeable enough.

There is the ToV familiar lotto item crate for 100 ferrins (and it lists all the ToV loots still too)

Also why is Ring of grand anguish the ONLY item from the Ossuary event that is available to buy?

--------------------------------------------------------------

[IMG]
  7. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

There are many rare items that are missing from the merchant. Whether it's on purpose or by mistake, i'm not sure.

Some items that are missing are the Locust Charms from the different zones. There are like 4 locust charms that i can remember of.

Also the double CA gorget of obscenities and the double cast necklace from Inner Sanctum.

The best item out of all is the Magical Vulnarability earring, so that's awesome that it's there.

But most of these things, like the weapons, are so bad or cheap to get from the broker. I don't see a reason for them to be here. The weapons are costing about 50p on the broker and it takes about 2k-4k ferrin plus 600+ plat to purchase these weapons. You might as well buy them off the broker. And the Leathery Egg? 4k ferrin and 600 plat? At most you can get it for more or less the same amount of plat on the broker and not have to pay this exorbitant price on this merchant.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

9. Breta Well-Known Member

No scout wdb charm? Disappointing. Also can we get rid of the caisson weapons? Who in their right mind would pay 2-4k ferrin and 100p for an item you can get for 50p of broker. It looks like you have added them only to fill up the merchant, as the weapons account for more than half of the offered items.
  10. Eles Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Febrith likes this.
  11. konofo Active Member

I recall the same thing happening with the ToV merchant - some fairly desirable items were absent because they were not rare drops from those instances. It's unfortunate.

I had a chuckle about the idea of someone on Test having 8k Ferrin. That was good.

kono
  12. Carni Active Member

Hopefully the new cozen tophat doesn't conflict with the old one. At least there's one item for certain to be bought!
  13. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Could I get a partial refund on my mount if I want something else please ?
  14. Nero Active Member

Why would you want to get rid of the mount? There is nothing that will ven come close on a stat/ferrin spent basis?

Thats's like trading in your Porshe that you've had for 2 weeks for Toyota becuase it's a newer model.

Your mount is giving you what? 40CB, 40Pot, 7500 AB mod or so? And the clicky charms are liekly going to give you..... 10CB*, or 10POT*? It's entirely not worth it.

* I have no idea what they actually give out, as I dont have 8k ferin to blow on it on the test server.
  15. Nkito Well-Known Member

My guesses would be 40cb for the new hood and no stacking with tov cozen. RC mount gives an additional 10 cb/pot and 7500 abmod over pools mount, but it's full time.
  16. Karsa Active Member

Yeah don't think they will stack more than likely they will share same re-use timer as well, when they 1st introduced the clickie last expac it did not stack with the cloak you get as a reward from siG quest, which you re-use every 30 min but lasted for 15 min....
  17. Carni Active Member

Honestly, we shouldn't be punished for purchasing and using items in the past. If they do conflict with each other in any way whatsoever, that's exactly what it would feel like to me.....punishment.
  18. Aeadiin New Member

So if you bought a chest armor piece last year, and you bought another one this year, the fact that you cannot wear them at the same time would feel like punishment?

Stop being dramatic.
  19. Nero Active Member

that 7500 constant AB mod alone is worth it.
  20. Amaitae Active Member

Well, converting the old piece and a partial payment in new currency would be okay in case of conflict.