Age's End Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ucala Well-Known Member

although letting you choose what item you get Sounds better for people.
    I have to agree, it would be a "one and done" type thing. which isn't what the game makers want
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Getting a charm will be rare I've heard, having it be a crate so you can at least choose the one you want doesn't seem terrible.

The other option could be smart loot for charms - if you've already got one in your bags you can't get that specific one again - might be a happy medium?

i.e. loot rolls to see if you get a charm or not, and rolls yes, step 2 it picks from the list of charms you don't already own. etc.
  3. Darkon Well-Known Member

It's rare that you get a charm. Being able to choose which charm you get upon receiving it would be smart. You'll have to farm for 2 rare charms regardless.

The stat one is absolutely abysmal right now. It's unusable by anyone ever. Compare it to the CB one. To get equal gain from the stat charm it would have to grant 36000 agility. Obviously it doesn't.

The gains from the stat one are currently worse than almost any other charm available in game.
  4. Darkon Well-Known Member

You're being dumb. First, you want 2 charms. Second, it's a rare chance that you even GET a charm.

You're looking at running it a lot regardless of whether the charm is in a crate that allows you to choose, or not.

Third, ilu gardener friend.
  5. Luzionist Active Member

What about something like rancor was where you can get a charm then you have a chance each time you run it to make it stronger?
  6. Darkon Well-Known Member

No? It's not necessary. Getting a charm is rare, when you DO roll that ~5-10% drop or whatever it is, you should be allowed to choose which one you get.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

hmmm, nope still not buying it.
    it's like saying the ethereal weapons are so rare, that if you get one you should be able to choose which one.
    I am fine with the awful random really
  8. Hammdaddy Active Member

The way i look at it friendkonx is if i get the potency charm im never running this zone again.
  9. konofo Active Member

If the ethereal weapons were heirloom, like these charms, then I suspect a lot of people would be calling for the ability to choose.

kono
  10. Mogrim Well-Known Member

You will and you will like it.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Has this happened yet? Assuming not or it didn't take because we JUST did it (August 2nd) and nothing was landing except procs.
  12. Hammdaddy Active Member

Stuff if landing im pretty sure that they worded logs differently so act doesnt pick it up. (I think that was our conclusion)
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

That's probably it because my numbers were showing up above the targets head plenty, just ACT was having problems picking it up. ACT/GC tools really weren't needed to win the fight but cmon, part of the fun is dissecting those parses. For me at least.
  14. Darkon Well-Known Member

Yep the wording was changed so ACT wasn't picking up crits, thus, only non-critical (ex proc) damage was being tracked.
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Possibly stupid question: Is this a temporary, prelude event to the next xpac? Or is this a permanent quest, so even if I get my chars to level 3 years from now I'll be able to do this quest on them?
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Age's End is permanent content. It will be there, waiting for you.
    Ketu, Shmogre, Avahlynn and 1 other person like this.
  17. Buffrat Well-Known Member

IDK. I am pretty sure I'm not going to be a fan of how loot works in this zone but I never actually completed the quest in our beta tests so I'm not 100% sure. I am fully expecting to clear hm today and get a single bottle of Ethershadow Step today though, assuming the quest actually works. Only one person was getting updates on beta, but that could've been caused by some zone weirdness we had going on after some /devslay commands.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

ok having run through up to x2 on live. my feed back is you might want ot let folks know which of the 2 exact same choices to pick for thje ages end quest.
  19. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel!
  20. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Yep. Quest's still broken. Killed shield generators, hailed jorlak, went back to 0/3 shield generators, no one can pick up staff, have to zone out and reset zone. Same exact thing that happened on beta.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.